PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Beetles

2biguns
06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
What on EARTH was God thinking when he invented these little devils???

They are eating us out of house and home. For Amy's first Mother's Day, I planted her a "Stella Tree" (Kwanza Cheery Tree). I was leaving for work last week and noticed the branches swaying despite there being no breeze and found a host of the little b*stards chomping away at the leaves.

Liquid 7 on the entire tree Sunday and coated our huge crepe myrtle and now the ground looks like someone dumped a 5 pound bag of sunflower seeds and they have now attacked all our sun ferns around the pool, despite everyone's assurance that they don't like sun ferns. What's next? The grass in the yard? :kaioken:

I heard that we imported these little jewels to eat all the kudzu in the south. Give me kudzu any day!

Chili 18
06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
They arent bad here this year. A friend has had them invade his house really bad. like the walls were crawling. And they stink when ya mush m. Friend used a vacume cleaner to scoop them up. PESTS. Give ladybugs a bad name...

MOP
06-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Make sure you treat the ground for the larvae, July is when you put down the stuff to kill the grubs that turn into Jap bettles. Sounds like you have them real bad, see if you can talk your neihbors into treating for them along with you.

2biguns
06-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Great idea. I'm going to go to the local seed & feed and buy enough insecticide to treat the larvae in my yard as well as my 3 neighbors' and offer to do their yards myself. A good friend has just about lost their 30 foot apple tree.