PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my truck

Cuda
06-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I was headed down I 75 this morning, and had a blow out on my right front tire. I was passing a vehicle when it blew. It turned violently to the right, striking the suv. I bounced of the guardrail a few times, then got up against it and rode down it, until I ran out of rail. Then I think the front tire that was blown, snagged in the grass and I turned a 180 down into the ditch, and rolled. The driver's window was up, and I couldn't get out. The passenger window was busted, so I kicked it out and got out. Not a scratch on me. When I saw I still had my cigarrettes and lighter in my shirt pocket, I knew I was golden.

I imagine they will total the truck, it's beat up on both sides, and the roof is smashed. All I can say is when it was going over, I was glad my truck was built Ford tough!

TuxedoPk
06-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Holy Crap! Glad to hear that you're alright.

vanstee
06-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Wow. Any idea what caused the tire to blow? not a BF Goodrich is it? Glad you're ok. And That, my friends, is why you buy these big vehicles.

ChromeGorilla
06-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Joe read this on OSO...... thank god your OK. Good to see you can take a lickin and keep on ticking. ;) Michelle just saw these pics, she's freaked out....... We are both glad you are OK! Man you need to hit the Glen and throw a few back and decompress.... we're going this weekend...

Cuda
06-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Wow. Any idea what caused the tire to blow? not a BF Goodrich is it? Glad you're ok. And That, my friends, is why you buy these big vehicles.
It was a Dunlop.

Dr. Dan
06-27-2005, 10:28 PM
:smash: Wow...Glad you are ok...that is unbelievable...you be a Lucky Sum Vitch! :spongebob

The Truck can be replaced...coulda been worse...you coulda been towing the Mynx or the Formula?

Again....Count your blessings Joe!

Doc :beer:

ChromeGorilla
06-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Man, I was just thinkin..."thank god he wasn't towin one of the boats..." pics woulda been twice as ugly.

Chili 18
06-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, wow.

Bet youll remember that moment forever...

Cheers!

EricG
06-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Glad to hear you're OK...that is damn scary :eek!: :eek!:

The real question is...did the handtruck survive? :biggrin.:

-EG

Cuda
06-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Glad to hear you're OK...that is damn scary :eek!: :eek!:

The real question is...did the handtruck survive? :biggrin.:

-EG
It's funny you asked that. The only reason the handtruck was there was because it suffered a blowout on the jobsite in Tallahassee Saturday, and I was taking it home for repair. :)

Cuda
06-27-2005, 11:42 PM
:

Again....Count your blessings Joe!

Doc :beer:
One of the first things I did when I got out of the truck was said a prayer, thanking the Lord for riding with me. I think if I hadn't been where there was a guardrail, I'd have gone into the grass immediately, and started rolling at 75 mph, instead of the much lower speed that resulted in only one roll. It almost didn't go over.

Fish boy
06-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Damn dude, dats sum cray-z chit!!! Hard to believe you got out without a scratch, but like you said, your co-pilot was large and incharge this morning :cistineb:

Glad to hear you are OK.

fish

Cuda
06-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Damn dude, dats sum cray-z chit!!! Hard to believe you got out without a scratch, but like you said, your co-pilot was large and incharge this moring :cistineb:

Glad to hear you are OK.

fish
Fish, I like your new sig line! :beer:

Ed Donnelly
06-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Glad to hear you are ok,,, BUT, DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE OUT ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT??? And a Lincoln at that............Ed

Walt. H.
06-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Same here, glad you came out intact like a Nascar driver. I bet it took some explaining to the guy in the Navigator?

I ran those same Tires when I had my Bronco a few years ago and got a little over 60,000 miles doing a 5 tire rotate every 8-12 K miles, then bought another set when they wore out. My only complaint was they won't stay round, even re-balancing wouldn't help. But they we're very quiet for an aggressive lug tire and they didn't hydroplane thru puddles.

Walt

Cuda
06-28-2005, 12:30 AM
It was a lady in the Lincoln. She was real nice about it, not pissed off at me at all. She said she was just thankful that neither of us were hurt.

Cuda
06-28-2005, 12:32 AM
I had trouble with them cupping when I first got them. Balancing didn't help. I just got to where I rotated them every oil change. I had the same problem on my F150 with Goodyear Wranglers on them.

Walt. H.
06-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Wow thats rare an understanding women and involved in an accident, somebody up there likes you! :yes:

penbroke
06-28-2005, 02:12 AM
Glad you're OK Cuda! It just shows that you never know....

Frank

tamburello
06-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Yikes! :eek: :eek: We're glad your still with us after that close call.

- Jeff

Team Jefe
06-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Another prayer answered....and really glad you're OK

Stuff...yes, even Donzi's, can be replaced......

.....But there is only ONE CUDA !

txtaz
06-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Glad you're ok Joe. That's a scary thing to go through.
Wes

MOP
06-28-2005, 07:11 AM
All I can say is EXCELLENT! Thank God you got through it OK!

Phil

TuxedoPk
06-28-2005, 08:02 AM
One of the first things I did when I got out of the truck was said a prayer, thanking the Lord for riding with me.

Ouch! If I understand you correctly your insurance company isn't responsible to pay for the damage because it was an act of God? :jestera:

Fish boy
06-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Ouch! If I understand you correctly your insurance company isn't responsible to pay for the damage because it was an act of God? :jestera:

Sorry Joe, hate to laugh at such a serius matter, but dats sum funny chit!!!!! :)

BUIZILLA
06-28-2005, 08:37 AM
YOWZAAAAAAA :eek: :eek:

Cuda
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm hoping to pick up a new F350, maybe today. Poodle called me, and he's real happy with his new truck.

TuxedoPk
06-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Fish, I realize Florida law and Cannon law differ somewhat, but if the insurance company needs to depose Jesus for this case, do you notice the pope as he is Christ's vicar on earth? :yes:

Johntrip
06-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Cuda, I had the same thing happen to me. My situation was a Goodrich tire on I-95 with no guard rail ended up flipping 7 times with a double flip in their somewhere. Walked away with a bump on my head thankin my lucky stars. J

boldts
06-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow Joe. I like to start my day with a nice big breakfast. You like yours shaken up a bit I see. Glad your ok. Like what's already been said, the truck is replaceable, your not. Did you have your seatbelt on? If not, even more amazing! Someone still has a plan for you here on earth along with Debbie.

gcarter
06-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I had cupping problems with more than one setr of tires on my Explorer. I had to have a kit installed to allow proper camber alignment of the front end.

Johntrip
06-28-2005, 09:39 AM
You can get a great deal on a GM truck right now. Alot of my friends are purchasing 2500 or 3500 dully diesels loaded even a sunroof for 36,000.00 to 38,000.00 + tax.... Employee price for everyone until July 5th....

gcarter
06-28-2005, 10:06 AM
How'd you get home?

Cuda
06-28-2005, 10:19 AM
How'd you get home?
Home?? Hell, I had Debbie come pick me up, we loaded the tools in her truck, and I went on to the jobsite. Work, work, work, that's all I know! :biggrin:

Budmann
06-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: Now thats gonna leave a mark!!!
Glad your ok...

On a lighter note, I'm up here in Kentucky at a National Sheriff's Conference and the Jefferson co. Sheriff has a Donzi Rag. for a patrol boat. Pretty funny to see a Rag. with cop stuff on it. :cool: :cool:

McGary911
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow Joe.....That could have turned out a ton worse. Glad you're ok. Don't forget to get your Formula plate back!!

Eugene Nahemow
06-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Cuda,
Glad to see your are Ok.
Truck can be replaced.

mphatc
06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Cuda,

This is scary. You are one lucky guy!

Curious, how many miles on those tires? and how often did you adjust and check the tire pressures?

I experienced a similar accident many years back, and to this day every time I drive past that spot I count my blessings.

Glad you're OK, stay safe!

Mario

Footloose
06-28-2005, 06:41 PM
I ever experienced was when I was dog poor in college and bought four retreaded radials for my cutlass - blew out at over 80 - scary as hell but didnt flip or hit anything since it was late at night and I was alone.

YOU got lucky dude!!!! Amazing pictures - still steaming and everything ......

dfunde01
06-28-2005, 10:47 PM
I was headed down I 75 this morning, and had a blow out on my right front tire. I was passing a vehicle when it blew. It turned violently to the right, striking the suv. I bounced of the guardrail a few times, then got up against it and rode down it, until I ran out of rail. Then I think the front tire that was blown, snagged in the grass and I turned a 180 down into the ditch, and rolled. The driver's window was up, and I couldn't get out. The passenger window was busted, so I kicked it out and got out. Not a scratch on me. When I saw I still had my cigarrettes and lighter in my shirt pocket, I knew I was golden.

I imagine they will total the truck, it's beat up on both sides, and the roof is smashed. All I can say is when it was going over, I was glad my truck was built Ford tough!

Cuda,

You may want to check this company out. It has been around for motor homes since at least the early 90's. I put one on a 93 33' after I saw it save a fellow coach owners butt. They are now available for the big pick-ups.

http://www.steersafe.com/

Might be something to think about, especially with the Donzi behind you.

Glad you didn't get a scratch.

Dave