PDA

View Full Version : Job promotion, what should I do

florida gator
06-27-2005, 06:50 PM
with the raise?

I think bigger boat. My wife thinks buy stuff she wants for the house. Thought I would ask a group of reasonable minded people :D

gold-n-rod
06-27-2005, 07:26 PM
I voted for the bigger boat because not to would violate the guy code.

Seriously, I was faced with the same choice and in order to get the wife's approval to buy the 16, I had to agree to her list of "wants." She spent through that list and hasn't stopped.

Be careful when you make deals with the devil!!!!! :eek: 666

TuxedoPk
06-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Enough of a raise for a new wife? ;)

gcarter
06-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Evil Tux, Evil!!!!
What you do is negotiate.
Your wife gets some of the things she wants. Sell your boat and take the proceeds to put down on a different (larger?) boat.
After all, a raise goes on and on, it's not like a bonus! :)

florida gator
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM

2 kids. Right now it's cheaper to keeper :smile:

Cuda
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Is this a trick question?

florida gator
06-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Is this a trick question?

No I will actually share with my wife what the popular vote was from a highly scientific poll. :shades:

I can't actually believe someone voted for the wife. :confused:

TuxedoPk
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Evil Tux, Evil!!!!
What you do is negotiate.

Actually I'm more of an instigator :)

Fish boy
06-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Why not split the baby- buy her a couple of new bikinis to wear on the new boat... and of course around the house too. :rlol: :D See, chivalry is not dead! LOL

Ed Donnelly
06-28-2005, 12:32 AM
Sorry; I voted on your wifes side.. My better half was watching over my shoulder while I voted....I'm getting some tonight :yippie: ....Ed

Lenny
06-28-2005, 04:06 AM
:) :) :)

Johntrip
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I had to negotiate with my wife when I purchased the 33zx last month. She wanted a new kitchen, pool, and a boob job... We settled on the boat and the boob job....! Win - Win as far as I'm concerned.!! Don't forget, Sometimes its easier to get forgiveness than permission.!!

undertaker
06-28-2005, 11:09 AM
John would like to see a pic of the NEW boat with the NEW boob job!!!! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :eek!: :eek!:

Undertaker :odie: who still has NO boat :bawling:

undertaker
06-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Florida get the bigger boat she wll not stay mad forever :biggrin: :biggrin:

Underboy :propeller

McGary911
06-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Granted you're gonna have to get something for the wife. If the boat is big enough to have a head, you can write off the loan interest as a second home....that's kinda like stuff for the other "house", right?

You have no idea how logic like that tends to get me in trouble :D

OH, and Congrats on the raise\promotion :hyper: :yippie:

TuxedoPk
06-28-2005, 01:25 PM
And you told her about the raise because...............?

florida gator
06-29-2005, 05:39 PM
And you told her about the raise because...............?

She doesn't exactly know how much. Bigger boat may give it away though.

I can't believe the people who will vote against what's right just to get a little lucky!

Fish boy
06-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I can't believe the people who will vote against what's right just to get a little lucky!

Clearly they are way down that dark road of that so called "give and take" in marriage. Starts with the small stuff...missing the commercials during a football game for a quickie/quickies, next thing you know, you miss the the 4th quarter because she wants to use the swing you hung over the bed...yada yada yada, before you know it, you are giving up a boat just for a li'l sumthin sumthin.

Be strong my brother, get the boat!!! :D :D :D

fish

florida gator
06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
First step is the research. And that's what I'm doing now. Leaning towards a CC and Concept seems to have a good mix of features for the pleasure/performance/fishing enthusiast.

Kind of debating now on 26' range with a single or 28' with twins. I get differing views on fuel economy. Some say twins don't burn much more because you can run lower rpm's.

Moody Blu'
06-29-2005, 08:03 PM
the boat, and if i had a wife she would want it too!!!

Ed Donnelly
07-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Florida gator; I didn't get a raise, so no larger boat. But through the love and brotherhood of this mighty fine registry, I did manage to get some.
In a slightly similar way, we both are getting wet.......Ed

picklefish
07-03-2005, 12:23 PM
The sooner I do what my wife wants me to do, the sooner she finds something new she wants me to do. Go for the boat. Get one with a toilet; wives and kids like boats with toilets and that's why you need a bigge boat.

RickSE
07-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Must be that time of the year. I just got a 10.5% pay increase. Now I can buy 10.5% more boat. :p Sure wish Donzi made a 25' Classic.

Man if I'd gotten 27% I could move up to a 28ZX. :banghead:

florida gator
07-10-2005, 07:08 AM
So it pretty consistantly stays above 75%. That's inconclusive evidence that what I had in mind was right. The down side, if I go for what I want I should sell mine first. This leaves me without a boat until I find what I want.

To be on the safe side I have started telling some people who have admired mine that it may be for sale soon. In a perfect world, I would find the boat I want, contact someone who has been a little interested and make the transactions between weekends!!