PDA

View Full Version : New Sections

Sagbay32
06-26-2005, 02:35 PM
With all this new room opened up by the elimination of some sections, why don't we get some ideas for new "tasteful" sections?

Mike

MOP
06-26-2005, 02:44 PM
A tech section with several catagories would be nice, a place where stuff would stay put. Doing a search these days does not yeild what it did years back, so hash and re-hash. Another idea would be an equipment rating section with just polling so it does not turn into a bitching area.

EricG
06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
A dedicated "What prop do I run" section would be nice. Although it would eliminate about half of the threads in the performance section :biggrin:

EG

Mac
06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Tow vehicles.

mattyboy
06-26-2005, 07:47 PM
I would suggest breaking down the the performance section by type of boat,
classic , Z - ZX-ZXR- ZF, and Cruiser ( the medillion,regazza,levante) would make searching easier and and would keep information on a specific model all in one place, maybe some how link it to the model list for researchers to find FAQ's on hot topic issues such has drives , props, handling and such without having to decipher if the info is pertinent to his model

Bigbroadjumper
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
How about a "Donzi Girls" section? Maybe we could post pictures of our wife's, girlfriends, kids on our boats. Just a thought :p

Tidbart
06-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Props

Trailers

GEOO
06-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Donzi Family Section?? :cistineb:

Chili 18
06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
How about a "Donzi Girls" section? Maybe we could post pictures of our wife's, girlfriends, kids on our boats. Just a thought :p

:lifeprese :lifeprese :lifeprese
I believe that since the begging of this sport, Beautiful women [and men] were a natural extension of the lifestyle on the water. Fun, sun, and Donzi girls / boys.

I believe that a photo section is entirely appropriate. Look at the Donzi site itself. They have photos of models and their boats. It’s a part of the history. Part of the tradition. And... I believe should be a part of this Donzi boating and lifestyle site.

I believe that the raunchy posts of a few... Have ruined it for the rest.

I propose... Or hope.. That one fine day, The Donzi girls and boys section will once again have a home on this site. However, in a new format. Read....MODERATED. Censored... whatever you want to call it. Photos would only be allowed if they are directly related to boats and donzis. New photos that are uploaded, would be held in a que pending review for good taste. Remember their is a line between tasteful art, and the dark side...

Ok... If that’s all too complex and subjective. How about a deal with Donzi, to allow this site to archive the real Donzi girls photos. They must have a ton in the archives. Why not make them available as a way to preserve the history of the 'heritage' of the sport. Wonder if they would go for that? Perhaps??

We all love our Donzi boats. And presume we know we have more than just a "boat". We have a noble lineage, with a heritage, and a reputation to uphold. This is not, nor IMHO should it be, The Sea Ray and Bow Riders of America Family time Fun Club.

I do agree the former format was taken advantage of and had become in bad taste in some cases. Don’t want to see that come back, just for the record...

My 2 cents., Ok ten cents.

Chili

Crazy Horse
06-27-2005, 12:49 PM
The Donzi Girls site has provided enjoyment to lots of us. A poll took place a while back and it showed most people wanted a site that was tasteful without nudity. I think Scot has always done a terrific job with content on Donzi.net. I think it would be a shame if shots like this one of Donzi Trish in her new bikini on our 22 taken over the weekend can not be posted somewhere on the site.

David O
06-27-2005, 04:38 PM
I think it would be a shame if shots like this one of Donzi Trish in her new bikini on our 22 taken over the weekend can not be posted somewhere on the site.

CH
Is there something about this photo that prevents it form being posted in the Photo Galleries under Member Galleries?
Seems we already have a place for the G rated Donzi Girls Photos.
Does a lady in a Bikini not qualify as G rated, assuming she is in the Bikini?
Every photo I ever saw posted in the G rated Donzi Girls section could have been posted in the Photo Galleries. IMHO

joel3078
06-27-2005, 05:00 PM
With all this new room opened up by the elimination of some sections, why don't we get some ideas for new "tasteful" sections?

Mike

Remember that all this work done by Scot the Harbor Master is just that. WORK! There is not new room opened up (aka lots of new free space.) to put in new sections. I imagin that the pictures section still exists and takes up server room. It simply was shut off to put an end to all the recent bull**** the poor guy that runs this website had to put up with over the last couple of weeks. Scot I feel for ya. This reminds me why I got out of management a few years ago. :puke: