PDA

View Full Version : TLC needed...

Tony
06-25-2005, 10:13 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558383267&fromMakeTrack=true

Aside from the fact that it had sunk, this boat might go pretty cheap.
Could make a nice project for someone...

Mr X
06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Funny, I emailed him 2 times yesterday, and asked him if it had ever been sunk. He ignored my email. What a goof! Guess he forgot to mention that in the ad!

Laszlo
06-26-2005, 01:11 PM
anyone know why it sunk? what king of damage might have happend(structural damage)? Would this make a good resore as you go boat? Per his listing it sounds like it's turn-key and for the price....my wheels are tuning again!

MOP
06-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I was doubhtful about the 70MPH, but in looking at the pics it looks like it has an SS drive and the X has been move up look at the exhaust tips. So it may very well be a runner!
As far as sinkers which I have delt with many times, in salt the boat its self usualy comes out OK. Salt is actually a wood preservitive, when I was a kid most wood boat owners would throw rock salt in the bilge. Another point on that is one of my best buds re habs wooden classics all the fresh water boats the bottoms are pretty much totaly shot fresh water rots wood fast.
It looks like he has replaced or re habed all the stuff that needs to be after a sinking, I think it may turn out to be a good deal for someone!

Phil