PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Registry Fund Raising Idea!! :)

Fish boy
06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I saw a Dr. Phil or some other show where a couple who fought a lot came up with an idea to get along better (stay with me here). Every time one of them said something intentionally that hurt the other's feelings they would have to put $5 in a jar.

In the beginning the jar was really filling up and they had to get a bigger jar. Then they started realizing how often each of them had to dig into their pockets and how much was going towards the jar. They ended up with enough to take a little vacation.

Anyway, I got to thinking, why not do something like that to help raise $ for the site? If Scot could put another button up there (maybe write "Absolution Button" on it :) ), then every time one of us says something they regret, hit the button, send a little $$$ to the donzi registry, and be absolved of their donzi registry transgressions. :)

Seriously, have any of you posted something then a little while later said to yourself "i wish I had not said that"? Honestly, anyone?? I have. If you are to the point where you feel like you should apologize, then you probably in some small way caused Harbormaster some grief too. why not slid a $5 or a $10 his way, maybe even put "donzi absolution" and a smiley thingy in the subject line. If it is a really big bonehead post, maybe send ole' Ben Franklin to visit him, the point is to use it like the jar from the tv show. Pretty soon, either the site will be very well paid for, or everyone will be really getting along, but the end result is a bonus for the Harbormaster (either financially or less grief) .

I know this site is free and donations are voluntary, but why not voluntarily slide a li'l sumthin sumthin HM's way if you step in the proverbial DooDoo?

Just a though, have a great weekend everyone :)

Fish

PS HM, sorry for not checking with you first on this, I hope I did not cross the line.

TuxedoPk
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Fish, great idea but the Catholic church has the copyright on charging for absolution and might be especially concerned over the whole Donzi tie in to their water thing.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised we didn't get a C&D from them when the Donzi Boys section first went up :biggrin.:

Considering his absolute authority and loyal following of board memebers, shouldn't we chip in and buy Harbormaster a big hat? On second thought it might not be a good idea to bring us closer to ever having a St. Matty or St. Pearson, patron saint of benchseats and tuna cans ;)

mattyboy
06-26-2005, 05:10 PM
:cussball:

Considering his absolute authority and loyal following of board memebers, shouldn't we chip in and buy Harbormaster a big hat? On second thought it might not be a good idea to bring us closer to ever having a St. Matty or St. Pearson, patron saint of benchseats and tuna cans ;)

WTF DOES THAT MEAN!!!! I HAVE NEVER!!!!! :cussball: :cussball: you :cussball:
no good :cussball: where do I send the :cussball:check

:jestera: :p :rlol:

Fish boy
06-26-2005, 07:35 PM
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: