PDA

View Full Version : My Horn Blew-Up

Greg
06-25-2005, 05:21 PM
It was one of those little hand held freon jobs. I had it in the glove box on my Scarab. Where it has been for the last three years. The boat was in my driveway in full sun, I had the cover off and was cleaning it prior to launching for the first time this year. Finished cleaning it (3 hr. time) and was on the phone behind the boat when I heard what sounded like a muffled M-80 going off. looked around and found everything that was in my glove box was now in my drivewayand neighbor's front yard! The lid is a 1/4" thick piece of smoked plexi, that shattered in three pieces, one of them landing about 15' away. Split open a tube of sunblock and jizzed that all over the interior I just cleaned. Fortunately no one was sitting in the passenger seat, that would have definately left a mark. According to the guy making the new lid, the smoked plexi hold in the heat and doesn't let it cool. I blame no one but myself, I have been ignoring those "Don't leave this in the sun" warnings since I was old enough to read them. Just thought I would share this, hope everyone has a safe and fun summer.

f_inscreenname
06-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Poop happens. Had a can of black spray paint do that in the back of my van. Smelled like paint in there for a month. Glad no one was hurt.:)