PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run Tomorrow, and guess what ??

Lenny
06-24-2005, 08:17 PM
:banghead: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Everything is ready to go, last minute checks...

I lost my drain plug and we have a 9am start. :rolleyes: :banghead:

I hope West Marine has one. They open at 8am and the launch is about 5 minutes away.

It is going to be interesting. Seems the fella from last year that had the 90 MPH Nordic, didn't like being outrun by the 120 MPH Spectre. So now he has a 40-ish Outerlimits and twin 1200 BHP Blower 588's. #6 drives etc.

$6K per prop. Runs 125.

So, when I am at my wits end, trying to hang onto the wheel at high 50's he will be passing me at over twice my speed :rolleyes:

I need to hang with blow boaters... :(

Should be fun tho. :D

...if I can find a "plug" ...

Marlin275
06-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Lenny,

I tried to find a plug at West and none would fit
let me know if you find one, what size matches?

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Good luck with the plug Lenny. And have fun during the PR. Make sure we get some video eh? :biggrin.:

tcob
06-24-2005, 08:43 PM
:banghead: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Everything is ready to go, last minute checks...

I lost my drain plug and we have a 9am start. :rolleyes: :banghead:

I hope West Marine has one. They open at 8am and the launch is about 5 minutes away.

It is going to be interesting. Seems the fella from last year that had the 90 MPH Nordic, didn't like being outrun by the 120 MPH Spectre. So now he has a 40-ish Outerlimits and twin 1200 BHP Blower 588's. #6 drives etc.

$6K per prop. Runs 125.

So, when I am at my wits end, trying to hang onto the wheel at high 50's he will be passing me at over twice my speed :rolleyes:

I need to hang with blow boaters... :(

Should be fun tho. :D

...if I can find a "plug" ...i lost mine again this year , west marine was closed but home depot was open . perfect 1/2 inch brass plug sold in the plumbing section (natural gas fitting) identical to what i bought at the marina last time

BUIZILLA
06-24-2005, 08:44 PM
you don't need a plug if your moving...

it's the stopping part that's an issue... :eek: :)

gold-n-rod
06-24-2005, 08:52 PM
How 'bout a big ole dab of caulk?

Better put it in tonite so it has time to set.

;)

penbroke
06-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Drive a piece of broom handle in it with a smear of caulk and keep moving. :eek!:

We had a little fun run up here a couple weeks ago. 45 boats, 82 miles. We cut a corner or two but we ran with the big dogs and it was an absolute blast!

Do whatever you gotta do...

Frank
need more fuel flow

blueliner
06-24-2005, 09:53 PM
lenny,

would love 2 have joined u and thriller this weekend at the poker run but i have 2 work. we will have 2 get 2gether for the vancouver poker run if not sooner, one weekend.

have fun and be safe.

Cuda
06-25-2005, 07:06 PM
They have them. They are the same plug used on jon boats.