PDA

View Full Version : Hey JohnW.... you tried that TXP yet?

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Was curious if you ran the 26P TXP yet. Eager to hear the results.... :D

ChromeGorilla
06-26-2005, 03:45 PM
TTT :biggrin:

John W
06-27-2005, 07:45 AM
I need to call Turbo today to find out where it is!!!! They were back ordered a week or so ago, beleive me I will post results.

On another question, do you get any gas fume smell on your rig. I keep smelling gas fumes on the port side of my boat. Nothing in the engine compartment( thank God) but strong smelling on the portside. My guess is there must be some fuel in the vent loop that drips out periodically.

One other note , my fuel sender seems to have gome bad. The boat gets tremendous fuel economy, the fuel level is always full. I messed with it yesterday, but it seems to have a stuck float, unfortunately it looks as if it was installed before the deck was installed any thought on how to get this thing out. My boat is still under warranty and may have ot go to the shop or i may have it fixed with the 20 hour maintence.

Have to call Donzi today to see if any Donzi dealer will do Warranty work, I bought my rig in Ohio, cause I saved a bundle over the Local guy. I guess i will find out.

Thanks,
JW

ChromeGorilla
06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
As far as fumes...never. If your boat is under warranty, I would just bring it to the nearest Donzi dealer for any warranty issues. tellem whats wrong and the boat is under warranty. Hope you get your prop soon!

John W
06-29-2005, 08:28 AM
As usual I fell thru the cracks at Turbo!!!! Prop Should be here today and i will put it on and run it on Sunday.
Will post results then.
Then the boat goes in the shop for some warranty work and the 20 hour i check up.
Every one have a nice 4th of July weekend.
JW

MOP
06-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Fuel smell is never a good thing, you mention the sender not reading right. It may have loosened a little and lost ground also causing the odor. Please be carefull any trapped fumes have a very bad potential open everything up that you can to try to vent it off, really not a good idea to run the boat as it is possible for the engine to draw the fumes into that compartment when running. If you fill and vent are on the odor side one of the hoses may have come loose.

Words from an old worry wart!

Phil

roadtrip se
06-29-2005, 09:58 AM
is your vent line from the gas tank.

There should be enough length in it to allow a loop to prevent burping.
I've seen newer vintage Donzis, where they skimped on this line and the
result was gas coming through the vent.

Also, don't top your tank off, when the pump does an auto shutoff. When I have maxed out my tank in the past, I had gas come up through the vent as soon as I launched her.

My boat is a 2001 22 with the side-mounted fuel fill.

I would take a peek, before digging into the fuel tank...

Could be a simple fix.

RT