PDA

View Full Version : Its here! Its here!

dfunde01
06-24-2005, 11:05 AM
My new shinny Quad IV OT 20P is here. It will go on the Classic 16 4.3 EPI today and hit the water tomorrow. I gave up on trying to find a Quad to test in the Atlanta area. I'll post results Sunday. I am still looking forward to Grizz getting a couple of Turbo's in that he thinks will work well on the boat and checking those out. I guess I'll be a three prop boat. The Vengenance for emergencies, the Quad IV for the kids and skiing, and a turbo to be determined for max performance. No more drunk gymnist on a trampoline (I hope). :)

Two other questions. I assume I remove the Hydromotive decal from the hub, and what size socket do I need for the Alpha I prop nut?

Dave

tmdog
06-24-2005, 06:26 PM
1 1/8 should do it.

Fish boy
06-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Congrats Dave, let us know how it runs. That Grizz/turbo hookup sounds wicked too!!

Rootsy
06-24-2005, 10:11 PM
actually it's 1 1/16, get a 6 pt deep well socket...

J

dfunde01
06-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Noticeable increase in stability at WOT with the Quad IV OT. Got into a shoal (soft mud), that I did know went out that far, near my dock in a sharp slow turn. Stern settled a little too much I guess. Got a nice little nick on each blade. Took it back up to WOT is stages with no vibration. WOT rpm is now in 4600 to 4700 range. Still have the porpoising problem under 40 MPH, but not as bad. Still too much work to try to hold a 20mph to 23mph speed for wake board. Guess I'll install a set of 9X12 Lenco's.

Dave

MOP
06-26-2005, 02:14 PM
I know I will catch some Flack over this but both marine supply houses out by me have stopped pushing the Lenco's. One does'nt even have the dispaly out any more, they push Bennet and Boat Leveler setups. Quite a few returns the electric rams are not doing well in salt, it is a shame as the intall is just so clean.

Phil