PDA

View Full Version : What Prop - What Power?

Dr. Dan
06-23-2005, 08:07 AM
:cool!: Well this is the first year I have really started to experiment with Props. I know it is a frequent question for all of our varied Hull Types...but I would be curious to know...what Brand,Type, Blade Count & Pitch Prop people are using on their boats....and what they like or dislike about the characteristics of the Prop. What Rpms and Speeds you are achieving(GPS)...

I am using a 25 Turbo 3 Blade
Not Redlined, but I got 5200 and 76 GPS Speedo with Lizard and I and a full Tank of Fuel, and she still was climbing...Hmmmm?
Getting about 11% Slip with those numbers...which I am told is good for a 3 Blade? Don't know?

Doc :cool!:

Pismo
06-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Use MPlus 25" now at the rev limiter(numbers below). Tried a labbed 27" Mplus, it was mildly labbed at most. It bought me a little speed but cost handling, very unstable at top speed, too much paddlewheeling I guess. The 27" Mplus is small diameter to begin with made even smaller by the labbing. It lead to very squirrelly handling at top end, it never settled in where as the 25" stock MPLus settles in nicely at top speed. I want to try a Turbo 25" three blade and I have access to a Bravo I four balde 26". I don't think I need a four blade tho, I have no blow out or accel issues.