PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX Prop Swap

synack
06-21-2005, 06:38 PM
I have a 22ZX with a Bravo 1 drive and prop. I have a spare Mirage Plus prop that I'd like to test but am concerned about the thrust washer. When you go from a Bravo I to a Mirage Plus, do you remove the thrust washer and not run with it? With the washer in place, it doesn't look like the Mirage Plus would sit properly. Or, do I need to get another washer?

Zinger
06-22-2005, 08:51 AM
I had both props and they have the same setup thrust washer , then prop , plastic insert , brass locking device , stainless steel nut locking device and nut. Hope that helps. I hate the massive slippage you get out of this boat , I'm running a 27 pitch cleaver and have not ran the boat at WOT yet but it seems a little better than the bravo prop, but need need to do more testing . Jeff

cneidhart
06-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I just got my 29" Mirage. Going to try it on the 4th. That should be the fastest and safest prop. I'm running out of options.
This prop came with a soild hub (no Plastic) and venting holes with plastic covers. I'm on a Hawaian vacation, thinking of that prop in Phx. I'm sick.
Anyone try a Mirage Vented?