PDA

View Full Version : We're Homeowners!

Patti
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
As of 4:30 this afternoon, Jamie (Rootsy) & I became homeowners..we purchased a small farm..thankfully the process was smooth and pretty pain free http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

We had a great night to celebrate..dinner and beer on the boat on the lake :tongue:

It's been a GOOD day! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

We're pretty happy to have found out that the people who we bought from have already purchased a home and hopefully will be moved out sooner than we thought..

Hopefully we'll be moved in by July 20th! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

onesubdrvr
06-20-2005, 09:21 PM
As of 4:30 this afternoon, Jamie (Rootsy) & I became homeowners..we purchased a small farm..thankfully the process was smooth and pretty pain free http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

We had a great night to celebrate..dinner and beer on the boat on the lake :tongue:

It's been a GOOD day! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! May every night be as good as the first!!

Wayne

Patti
06-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey Wayne!!

Thanks! We're really excited and we can't wait to get moved in and fix her up..these people had NO taste in decorating..it's scary how some people think they have "good" taste :rlol:

Hope you're doing well! :)

onesubdrvr
06-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Hey Wayne!!

Thanks! We're really excited and we can't wait to get moved in and fix her up..these people had NO taste in decorating..it's scary how some people think they have "good" taste :rlol:

Hope you're doing well! :)
Is there much Avacodo green in the kitchen / baths? :eek:

I know what 'cha mean, when my wife and I were looking for our first house, we saw some that were plain scarey, dark maroon walls in one, dark brown in another, a 3 bedroom made into a 5 without adding any SQ. Ft. etc. etc.

Now, we are building, so any bad taste there will be all ours :rlol:

Wayne

MrsDigger
06-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Congrats--what a great feeling that is!

Patti
06-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh Wayne..it's BAD..REAL bad..I thought to myself..did these people stand back..and look and think..."Man that looks good"...lol!

The blue has to go..the picture doesnt do it justice..it's blue and bright enough to cause seizures :tongue:

She'll be gorgeous when we're done though..structurally she's great..now cosmetic wise is a whoooole other story..she needs some TLC for sure! :rlol:

Patti
06-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Congrats--what a great feeling that is!

Thanks Darcy!

We're SO relieved it went well..now comes the fun stuff..all the ripping down, removing wallpaper, and painting etc..

It never ceases to amaze me how sucky some peoples taste are hehehe!

onesubdrvr
06-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Oh Wayne..it's BAD..REAL bad..I thought to myself..did these people stand back..and look and think..."Man that looks good"...lol!

The blue has to go..the picture doesnt do it justice..it's blue and bright enough to cause seizures :tongue:

She'll be gorgeous when we're done though..structurally she's great..now cosmetic wise is a whoooole other story..she needs some TLC for sure! :rlol:
OMG,....Before I sound to uhhhhh, feminine, let me say, I like my boat like I like my houses, structurally sound, cosmetics optional (I can fix that stuff)

Anyway, the house, OMG, blue on blue cabinets and then WHAM!!!! There is this Almond stove, WOW, what contrast,...me, I'm pretty plain, white or natural wood cabinets is more my taste :) .

Anyway, Good luck, it'll give 'ya something to do while Jamie is out laying fiberglass on the boat!! And maybe even save you from "THE BOAT OWNERS ITCH"

Wayne

mattyboy
06-20-2005, 09:44 PM
best wishes :D

Patti
06-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Matty!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif ... Thanks hon! we're really happy!..now we gotta get you guys to come visit..we already have Cliff & Diana coming this weekend..next its your turn! lol :tongue:

-------

Wayne!..EXACTLY..I was like *gah*..blue on blue..with an almond stove AND a stainless 3k fridge lol..OY VEY! (i'm a New Yawker lol)..I dont get it..are they color blind?!?! lol

She'll be white..with wainscotting..and most likely a shade of light blue to compliment..but not blue on blue on blue on almond on stainless lol
!!!

*eek*..i'm up for the job though! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Jamie was pretty happy..specially after, oh a few beers :tongue:

TuxedoPk
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Congradulations! Here's to a happy future in your new home :beer:

txtaz
06-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Congrats Patti and Jamie. We had some bad colors in our house and we painted everything off white. Have fun with the fixing up.
Wes

Fish boy
06-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Congrats to both of you!!!! :) One day I hope to find a small farm to get away as well. Plus, there would be room for a boat barn like Pearson has :D

here's to making your new house a home. :beer:

MrsDigger
06-21-2005, 06:52 AM

The color choice is perplexing, at best...natural wood on one window, white on the other? Ours was a clean slate, and we have a beautiful floor plan, but very difficult to add color...I painted the dining room (you can see that it was a little bit bland when we started) a formal red...I thought I was going to be ill when the first coat went on fuschia...but it turned out well--at least, the important people think so--Matthew and I and our families. I even got to use power tools!

Now, I just have to refinish 8 mahogany chairs in the 75.68 days left until M comes home...ack!

Patti
06-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Darcy, it's gorgeous! I love Red..and Jamies sister..who also did red in their office..had the fuschia issue..but after a few coats, it was red http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

We're partial to whites and neutral colors..these people had a thing for blue..the kitchen..bedrooms, the door on the side..and one wall in the living room..it's TOO blue..oh and not to mention the brown paneling and salmon sponge painting job in the dining room..thank god we could see past it and imagine what we'd like to do :yes:

I just really hope they take their lawn gnomes, fake donkeys and wagon wheels..OY VEY! :rlol:

MrsDigger
06-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Erm...gnomes, fake donkeys and...oh, lord...wagon wheels??? Who are these people? FAKE DONKEYS? Eeeek! :shocking:

Patti
06-21-2005, 07:56 AM
It's scary! lol

Jamie affectionately referred to them as Hillbillys :jestera:..I mean the Donkeys did it for me..*ick*..Actually, I dont know what's wrose..the bad paint job EVERYWHERE, the lawn ornaments or the copious amounts of Glamour Shots :biggrin.:..all I did was shake my head lol

boldts
06-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Congrats to you both. Man, I love the color blue........ On my boat!!!! You guys will have a wonderful time making your new place your own. Like you all have said, it only matters what the folks who own the home want. I personally think red is a little much for an inside room. I don't like feeling like I'm in a cave with the walls closing in. We had a house with dark green walls when I was growing up. Old farm house on 3 acres. Anyway, my parents put on about 10 coats of beige to cover that stuff.

Take care and make it yours.

MrsDigger
06-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Congrats to you both. Man, I love the color blue........ On my boat!!!! You guys will have a wonderful time making your new place your own. Like you all have said, it only matters what the folks who own the home want. I personally think red is a little much for an inside room. I don't like feeling like I'm in a cave with the walls closing in. We had a house with dark green walls when I was growing up. Old farm house on 3 acres. Anyway, my parents put on about 10 coats of beige to cover that stuff.

Take care and make it yours.

Rats, there goes my nefarious plan to paint the rest of the house hunter green in Matthew's absence...of course, I would have to remember to paint the bathrooms pink...

boldts
06-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Darcy - Hey, it's yours and Diggers. Make it yours. LOL As I remember, the 33 has blue in it. Of course, my mate and I would obviously have talked about our favorite colors long before we tied the knot I would hope. :) Say hello to Digger next time you 2 talk. Don't know about the rest here, but I miss his presence in America. Hope to see him soon!

gold-n-rod
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Hmmmm, used to be "bought the farm" had different connotations!!! :lol:

Best wishes anyway!

Ed Donnelly
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
OOh OOh OOh; Can I have the gnomes????
They say beauty is in the eyes of the behoder
You never know, the previous owners may have been colourblind
Enjoy your new home.........Ed

MrsDigger
06-22-2005, 04:19 AM
boldts, even I wouldn't carry a joke that far...although I did briefly consider painting the downstairs bath a nice soothing sage green...:biggrin:

His family has had a red dining room in almost every home dating back to their Beacon Hill days--he's tickled....pink....about it.

Vice his return date, we think it has been moved up a little, and we expect that he will be back in CONUS NLT 9/1 or 9/2.
:beer:

CHACHI
06-22-2005, 06:20 AM
Darcy, it's gorgeous! I love Red..and Jamies sister..who also did red in their office..had the fuschia issue..but after a few coats, it was red http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

We're partial to whites and neutral colors..these people had a thing for blue..the kitchen..bedrooms, the door on the side..and one wall in the living room..it's TOO blue..oh and not to mention the brown paneling and salmon sponge painting job in the dining room..thank god we could see past it and imagine what we'd like to do :yes:

I just really hope they take their lawn gnomes, fake donkeys and wagon wheels..OY VEY! :rlol:What no pink flamingos or Madonna in a tub? Bummer! Congrats and best wishes in the new abode.

MrsDigger
06-22-2005, 06:33 AM
After much thought, I think there should be a Donzi Gnome thread...pictures of Patti's lawn gnome, taken around the Donzi world....perhaps the lawn gnome could borrow one of Jefe's Red Bikini Team's bikinis....

Patti
06-22-2005, 06:43 AM
OMG..how funny! :rlol:

I almost spit my coffee lol..Good one Darcy! :tongue:

There was an article in the paper about some womans gnome who was stolen by some college kids..they took it on spring break and sent her pics of the gnome on vacation :rlol:

goatee
06-22-2005, 11:15 AM
my house was built in 67' and so , yes,, i do have a green kitchen counter.
i think of it more as,,, a very large cutting board. just one of the many things i want to take care of before i move.

congrtas to you both, and best wishes! :yippie:

Patti
06-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Goat, My parents went through a "green" phase lol..back in the 70's..

Thankfully my mom came to her senses though lol..this house is actually in good shape..I just dont know why the picked those colors..the whole house on the inside is just well....tacky ..nothing that cant be fixed though!

Thanks! :)

Rootsy
06-22-2005, 11:24 AM
lawn gnomes = plenty of targets for Jamie when woodchucks are scarce :biggrin:

boxy
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
After much thought, I think there should be a Donzi Gnome thread...pictures of Patti's lawn gnome, taken around the Donzi world....perhaps the lawn gnome could borrow one of Jefe's Red Bikini Team's bikinis....

Patti, bring him to the Islands, I'll show him around Canada, then deliver him to Lake Winni, I'm sure after that he can head South to Sarasota .... :D

Congrats on the house, tell Jamie we'll catch up soon online.

Patti
06-22-2005, 11:44 AM
LOL..he can be the official Donzi Gnome..but he needs a name..http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif ..he'll be a well traveled Gnome :yes:

Oh and hon...there will be no shooting of the Gnome :tongue:

Rootsy
06-22-2005, 12:18 PM
read my signature please...

Patti
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Uh, i've read it about a million times.....your point is? :)

MrsDigger
06-22-2005, 05:30 PM
OOh OOh OOh; Can I have the gnomes????
They say beauty is in the eyes of the behoder
You never know, the previous owners may have been colourblind
Enjoy your new home.........Ed

Beauty is in the eye of the gnome-holder...

MrsDigger
06-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok, Patti, I think you should post a few pictures of our gnome options...then send the winner here so I can apply the red bikini paint job (left over dining room paint) and paint the Donzi logo on his pointy little hat....then send him to Digger in Iraq for a desert picture on the Donzi flag; sexy gnome in repose, CH-46 in the background. This really does have entertainment potential...