PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Hose Offset

Zinger
06-20-2005, 06:49 PM
I have a three inch offset between the exhaust riser and the exhaust tip the distance between the two is about 18 inches will this cause problems with the hose or does the exhaust tips need to be moved over. The engine was changed from a small block to a big block and I burned a hole thru the wet exhaust hose with about five hours on it , the engine never ran hot and there is plenty of water passing thru the exhaust,but not sure if the angle of the hose or the corsa silencers are the same from a small big and a big block .Jeff

Moody Blu'
06-20-2005, 07:19 PM
you need stainless pipes and connect each end with exhaust hose it should be flexible enough. youll keep burning the hose and that stuff is expensive!

MOP
06-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Jeff I bet you burned a hole in the side of the hose! I have seen this before, I think what happens is the water hits one side of the hose and is deflected so some of the hose gets little to no water. 18 inches is a pretty good distance, I think you have a couple of choices. Move the tips or make up fiber glass tubes with the offset and use the blue silicone hose, the hose is bullet proof and will take a lot of temp and saves moving the tips and re doing the transom.

Phil

18FOOTER
06-21-2005, 08:13 AM
I Was Looking For Exhaust Parts On Ebay The Last 60 Days And I've Seen Several Pairs Of Stainless Offset Tubes By Corsa. They Weren't Expensive Either Cause There Aren't Too Many Buyers Who Need Them. Might Want To Check That Out.;)