PDA

View Full Version : What was I thinking !

Sam
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I had guests over the weekend at the cottage and of course they wanted to go for a Donzi ride. Well I started doing the math and came up with 900 plus pounds divided by four guys. Needless to say I wasn't to thrilled about the prospects of my poor little sixteen suriving the outing :eek:. The capacity plate says four persons or 600 lbs.......Hmmmm hope I don't see a cop.

Anyway we took off and to my suprise the boat actualy planed off with out to much trouble. Well things were looking ok so I gave it some gas, 40 mph, fifty mph, sixty mph, top end 64 mph :biggrin.: with 900 + lbs plus 3/4 's of a tank of fuel.

I guess the reason for telling the story is that latley there has been much talk about props, so I thought this might interest someone. In my case I'm running a 23" Hydromotive 4 blade OT on an Alpha SS. Now I'm sure HP and torque have a lot to do with it but I can't tell you how happy I was with the way the Hydromotive carried all that weight through a variety of conditions and the fact that there are no truck scales :eek: in my area.

Sam

dfunde01
06-20-2005, 10:49 AM
I had guests over the weekend at the cottage and of course they wanted to go for a Donzi ride. Well I started doing the math and came up with 900 plus pounds divided by four guys. Needless to say I wasn't to thrilled about the prospects of my poor little sixteen suriving the outing :eek:. The capacity plate says four persons or 600 lbs.......Hmmmm hope I don't see a cop.

Anyway we took off and to my suprise the boat actualy planed off with out to much trouble. Well things were looking ok so I gave it some gas, 40 mph, fifty mph, sixty mph, top end 64 mph :biggrin.: with 900 + lbs plus 3/4 's of a tank of fuel.

I guess the reason for telling the story is that latley there has been much talk about props, so I thought this might interest someone. In my case I'm running a 23" Hydromotive 4 blade OT on an Alpha SS. Now I'm sure HP and torque have a lot to do with it but I can't tell you how happy I was with the way the Hydromotive carried all that weight through a variety of conditions and the fact that there are no truck scales :eek: in my area.

Sam

How is your 16 powered?

Rootsy
06-20-2005, 11:20 AM
and here i thought i was nuts for the longest time... :banghead:

Cuda
06-20-2005, 11:25 AM
You gotta love that!

Sam
06-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Defunde01, it has a 350 that has been upgraded a tad :yes: .

Sam :lifeprese

gcarter
06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
So Sam, what was the engine speed @65 MPH?
Has the prop been labbed?

Sam
06-20-2005, 12:56 PM
George, if by engine spped you mean RPM's just under 5000 the last time I looked and no it is a bone stock Hydromotive.

Sam