PDA

View Full Version : test your donzi knowledge

mattyboy
06-19-2005, 08:49 PM
heres the brain teaser we had at the dustoff how do you stack up???

A test of your knowledge of Donzi boats, Don Aronow, seamanship , and beautiful Lake George!

Name:__________________________________

1. What was the name of Don Aronow’s first race boat?________________________________________

2. What was the first race Don Aronow won?? __________________________________________________ ________

3. What models made up Donzi’s sales lineup in 1964??? __________________________________________________ _________

4. What was the first race a Donzi won????? ________________________________________

5. The Name Donzi came from a record executive???? T / F

6. What was model name of the early 16’s _______________________________________________

7. Which color was not available on the first 16’s?????
Lucan red, Christina blue, White , Grumble green, Tangerine orange

8. Donzi’s first fishing boat was the El Pescador ?????? T / F

9. Don Aronow’s first design used for military or governmental purposes was Blue Thunder????? T / F

10. When traveling in a channel from sea or the head waters of a lake what does RRR mean?????? _____________________________________________

11. A type V PFD must be worn when under way in order to meet U.S . Coast guard regulations????? T / F

12. When fueling a boat it is recommended that all port holes and hatches be opened and the blower turned on ????? T / F

13. Which came first?????
A) the Minx B) 22 Classic C) the F-22 D) The Criterion _____________

14. Lake George is known as the _____________ of American lakes

15. If you rearrange the letters NIHHIA--NEMA you would have the name of a??
A) a country B) a town C) a park D) a boat ____________

16. You just bought a new wheel for you trailer that has 16 chrome spokes how many
spaces between the spokes are there?? _______________

Tie Breaker : When was the first 22 produce _____________
The one with the closest answer to that date will be declared the winner

Kirk
06-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Mattboy....

Whats the answer to this:

15. If you rearrange the letters NIHHIA--NEMA you would have the name of a??
A) a country B) a town C) a park D) a boat ____________

You had to kill me if you gave me the answer @ LG but now that I am at least a state away if feel safer.

Eye's got to know.....please

Thanks for the great time and I still wondering why it got so nice as we were leaving....at least 87 was open again and Cliff wasnt towing like madman while he was looking @ his new harley books.

KJ

mattyboy
06-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Kirk I had a great time too nice meeting you

the answer is a boat
the minnie- ha-ha a steam powered paddle wheeler that roams Lake george

TuxedoPk
06-20-2005, 08:43 PM
You need to offer a prize for the top score.... Might I suggest a signed copy of Pearson's answers? :beer: