PDA

View Full Version : I know You All Have been waiting!!!!!

MOP
06-18-2005, 04:48 PM
We went Blue Beasting today! The 24's are even a bit much, come on plane pretty decent, handling is great. I ran about 2-1/2 hours trying for a little break in time, at cruise it feels very good with just a tiny bit of porpois coming off waves ETC. On the way back to the ramp I gave it WOT for maybe a minute response seemed very good but topped out at 4100 and slower then it was stock. Tried a little trim just goes slower, interesting I dropped the pitch 4"s and only gained 500RPM. Boat just won't come loose, it feels like the more throttle the higher the ass end gets. Now do I take a shot at yet another set of wheels (22's) or let my prop guy have a whack at chopping up the 24's? Did call him he would like a shot, he feels less pitch and trying to get a little rake into them it may (MAY big word) carry the bow higher. With the Alpha I had to grab a handful of trim to get it loose but for a SB it bogied!

Phil

gcarter
06-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Congrats for getting it wet!!!!! :yippie:

RickR
06-18-2005, 05:33 PM
What kind of prop is the 24? How much HP with the SBC?

MOP
06-19-2005, 09:07 AM
I am trying to get away with B3 wheels but the blade area is twice that of the BH props, I have no clue as to how much HP the engine makes, Jamie did a Desk top Dyno it showed a theoretical 370. It seems to have good punch, when I hit the throttle at 3000 the engine goes to 4000 in a split second then the boat catchs up when the props hookup up again. I don't think it can get into its working range but only have a few weeks to get it straight, I may pickup a Bravo so I can play and fool with the BH in stages. I have had a few recomendations from guys in the know that may get it working. So far the boat responds very well, just won't turn up right. And the handling is so improved it is amazing, at 3500 carving near lock to lock turns the boat has equal in roll in either direction and it feels like it is on rails. Hands off the boat does slowly go into a left turn, so the is a ;itt;e torque steer but very light. If I can get it up to 48-5200 I think it will work just fine for me, just want the fast cruise top can be what ever don't count in my app. Sure would hate to give up that sweet rooster tail!

Phil