PDA

View Full Version : water pump ?? :-/

DonZi kid18
06-18-2005, 04:13 PM
hey everyone,
well we just took out the donzi today, and the water pump went ! YAY now i get to fix that too. Any one ever replace one ??if so is it hard. just an impellor ...any suggestions on if i should do it myself or take to get it fixed some where ??

Thanx
Ryan
---------------
1983 18' Blue DonZi Classic

gcarter
06-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Which water pump?

DonZi kid18
06-18-2005, 06:33 PM
i am think the one in the skeg, but water was coming out of the pipes so umm i really dont know. I called my boat dealer he said that if it's bad you can still get water in there but no much. so i really could not tell you. but for now i am just goin to say both so when i do find out which one i will know what to do !

Ryan
--------------------
1983 18' Blue DonZi Classic

onesubdrvr
06-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, there is a pretty big difference in ease of repair. The water recirc pump (on the engine) is pretty darn easy to repair, typically 4 bolts hold it on, just loosen the other accessories that are driven off of the same pulley first (power steering or alternator). Now the water pump in the out drive is a different monster. With an Alpha, out-drive has to be removed to replace.

So, what kind of out-drive

Why do you say bad water pump? could be a bad thermostat if it was just overheating, or as far as that goes, bad ignition timing can cause an over-temp issue as well.

Wayne

DonZi kid18
06-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, there is a pretty big difference in ease of repair. The water recirc pump (on the engine) is pretty darn easy to repair, typically 4 bolts hold it on, just loosen the other accessories that are driven off of the same pulley first (power steering or alternator). Now the water pump in the out drive is a different monster. With an Alpha, out-drive has to be removed to replace.

So, what kind of out-drive

Why do you say bad water pump? could be a bad thermostat if it was just overheating, or as far as that goes, bad ignition timing can cause an over-temp issue as well.

Wayne

Well i was starting to look at the thermostat. I think thats the prob. but i am goin to take it into the shop because my dad think's we cant fix it. And he asks why is cost so much to get it fixed half the **** i can do myself ! But w.e thanx for the help i think its the water pump on the motor

Ryan
---------------------
1983 18' bule DonZi Classic