PDA

View Full Version : I am a total complete fool,idiot etc, boat fell again

Moody Blu'
06-18-2005, 03:27 PM
well, over winter my boat fell off the blocks because of some heavy construction next store but no damage. well today i was raising the boat and it fell, the boat was lbocked really low just so it wasnt sitting on the ground. but this time it fell and ripped the rear port corner of the deck up :bawling: :banghead: :bawling:

a slight crack and messed up the part that joins the hull and deck together. it ripped the deck holes that hold the deck and hull together.

Im very stupid for using a car jack im so screwed up in the head right now and im in a very very very very bad mood i just ****ed up my boat which i have dumped over 6000 in the past two seasons and everything was going well and now this. im a ****ing idiiot. :bawling:

joseph m. hahnl
06-18-2005, 03:33 PM
well, over winter my boat fell off the blocks because of some heavy construction next store but no damage. well today i was raising the boat and it fell, the boat was lbocked really low just so it wasnt sitting on the ground. but this time it fell and ripped the rear port corner of the deck up :bawling: :banghead: :bawling:

a slight crack and messed up the part that joins the hull and deck together. it ripped the deck holes that hold the deck and hull together.

Im very stupid for using a car jack im so screwed up in the head right now and im in a very very very very bad mood i just ****ed up my boat which i have dumped over 6000 in the past two seasons and everything was going well and now this. im a ****ing idiiot. :bawling:

you not an idiot . that's just dumb luck. you must have pissed off the spirits and they were FN with ya. look at it this way your still alive and you can repair it. as long as your still alive everything else is trifel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moody Blu'
06-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I siliconed it up for now im still putting the boat in but this boat was so close to getting a full compound and new interior and now i just feel like its not worth compounding it.

anyone know where theres a fiberglass shop that could fix this? oh yea wait, how are they gonna match my gel coat :( i bet the deck has to come off to fix it.....

lafrger pics ar ein my gallery if you want a close up.

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/583DSCF0094-med.JPG

:o

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/583DSCF0095-med.JPG

Chili 18
06-18-2005, 03:45 PM
My sympathies...

When cooler heads return... You will do what it takes to put it back together. Its just a boat.. And you wer'nt under it when it fell. Could have been worse, huh.

I think someone needs a trailer... Why keep it on blocks?

Take a deep breath...... exhale......

Chili

Moody Blu'
06-18-2005, 04:11 PM
i just boat a trailer :bawling:

Formula Jr
06-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Broque, not that bad really. Your boat isn't going to flex there at all. thats not structural. Your transom will hold it all together. So fair and paint, keeping the deck and hull seperate with a little wax paper and you're good to go. A new rubrail will cover it all.

HOTFOOT
06-18-2005, 04:51 PM
You should have seen the damage on my '67 16 when i started restoring it. It's amazing what you can do with F/G.
Looks like you should be able to do a fibreglass patch repair by separating the the hull and deck in the damage area. If you patch from the inside where possible it will minimize gel coat removal.
Good Luck.

Moody Blu'
06-19-2005, 03:23 AM
well i am a little more level headed now, i know it can be fixed just not sure if the gelcoat can be matched. the way it broke though a new rub raqil wont hold it together because the deck ripped right through the holes where they attach to the boat and half the deck is ruipped where it joins to the hull so bolting something up wont help. I was so close to making the boat look a thousand times better then it did. new interior and a full compound of the boat does wonders for the eye. but with this crack on my deck i am adamant about it. at this point i just feel like my boat is a complete jerry rig.\Im trying to think positive but everything i try is a pain in the ass, hell, i drove all over looking for a raw water strainer for my boat because the old one cracked in 3 pieces (figures). then the boat falls, then the new snap rivet tool broke on me while i was installing the new interior.

these damn boats are driving me nuts, i know once its in the water and im hittin 5000 rpms ill be happy again, but damn its a long windy road to get there.

joseph m. hahnl
06-19-2005, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=Moody Blu'] these damn boats are driving me nuts QUOTE]

we all are so pationate about them they are like our children or our girls.
but you have to admit there is a strain of bad luck that comes with owning one.
"a curse" i really feel for you . i had just completed the rebuild on my magnum.
i had to push it out to the tree i was using to hoist it in the boat. i placed ply wood on the ground and move it along placing ply wood in front again and again. it took an hour but i finally got it to the tree . well i had the motor up side down because it's top heavy. so when i went to flip it back over the FN thing flip the motor stand over. and landed right on the top and crushed my fresh water cooler. distributer cap and almost trashed the carb. needles to say i didn't sleep well that night but the next day i was determined to fix the heat exchanger>"where there is a will there is a way" so i did. put the motor in and that was all just a bad dream. so now i'm having problems with the cap leaking.I'll double gasket it if i have to get it to stop leaking. any way the moral is we;re always rushing to get it done and that when spit goes wrong
fiber glass is easy to work with if you put to much on sand it off if you take to much off put more on. it's a set back but you'll get thru it . a boat is like an X-wife they always need more money.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
06-20-2005, 12:27 PM
anyone know where theres a fiberglass shop that could fix this? oh yea wait, how are they gonna match my gel coat :( i bet the deck has to come off to fix it.....

Call Sked at JS Marine. Colts Neck area. He builds BEAUTIFUL raceboats and is a superb glass man as well as an ace machinist.

JSM: (732) 695-9577

eric