PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find N/E guy with Whipple Charged 2002 22SE

RickSE
06-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Anyone know how to get a hold of the guy up in the Northeast with the 2002 22 Special Edition who installed a Whipple blower? I thought he used to be on the NE Donzi Club site but I can't find his boat listed. I believe his name was Jim. Wanted to ask him a few questions. :D

My email is firstvee@yahoo.com

Chili 18
06-17-2005, 07:14 PM
At your altitude, a pressurizer would make a BIG differance. Thats why there are so many diesel pickups in N az. Not the diesel.... The TURBO diesel.

When I was in college in Denver. Had a 4cyl convertible Triumph. With a turbo kit. At altitude, that thing would fly past the big V8s starving for o2. :lightning

:-)
chili

undertaker
06-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Rick, George Culotta in New Hampshire has a 2002 22 classic (not a special edition though) with a whipple on it. I think its a 2002 not sure. He would be at the lake george event this weekend. Runs close to 90 MPH I think :yes: .

roadtrip se
06-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Fasteddie could chase your guy down.

I believe they use the same marine mechanic.

Send Eddie a PM.

RT

Dr. Dan
06-19-2005, 09:38 PM
:spongebob Rick ...the Guys name is Jim Denooyer...he was out on the Lake Today with it I am told....he may be tough to get ahold of...he is a busy guy...and does not frequent here at all. Eddie does know him, and Performance Marine in Bolton Landing did the work...the Mechanics name is Jason. George Culotta had a similar package put together ... but dropped his original drive this year...so he's a bit neutered right now 'til he gets the new drive on.

If ya wanna email me your questions...I can see what I can find for ya...the guy at Performance is also not real "Reachable" I am being diplomatic here :spongebob

email me ... I talk to George weekly, at a minimum.

Doc

ChromeGorilla
06-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Denooyer, as in Denooyer Chevrolet, Dodge, Pontiac...etc. They have a slew of dealerships in the capitol district. Dan is right, I'd talk to Performance Marine.

Dr. Dan
06-20-2005, 11:17 AM
:bonk: Here is their New Site: http://www.perfmar.com/Performancehome.html

Now this is interesting History of Lake George...and No "Blue Coat" even...Hmmmm? http://www.perfmar.com/AboutUs.htm

Doc :banghead:

bverd
06-20-2005, 02:54 PM
The boat in question flew by me in the islands on LG this past Sunday... completely aired out and absolutley flying. Man did it look good. So quick I couldn't get my camera out.

PM did all the work.

--bverd

RickSE
06-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys.
Just wondering how his combination is holding up. Sounds like its still running fine. It's certainly an expensive add-on not to mention what it would do to the insurance premiums.

BigGrizzly
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
I would go a different rout than Wipple. These are things I know about their customer back up that is not good. Donzi had issues My son had issues as well as several others had issues. Not with the blower but them!! Then Wipple doesn't make it anyway

RickSE
06-21-2005, 10:58 AM
BigGrizzly, who's blower are you running?

The only other full system kits I've seen for the 500EFI are from Vortech and Livorsi. I wouldn't buy the Livorsi.

I like the idea of using a screw compressor but don't care for Whipple's intercooler arrangement or the fact that you replace 8 injectors with a throttle body.

Seems like centrifugal would be the way to go; just haven't seen anyone running them on the 500's.

Ahh, this is what happens when I get bored at work.

Lenny
06-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Grizz has a Procharger and it seems to "work". :D

84 with three people and full fuel isn't bad.

RickSE
06-21-2005, 12:13 PM
From what I've heard Procharger is recommended over Vortech. Looks like Procharger does have a system for the 500EFI, just not much info on it online.

Dr. Dan
06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
:p I would recommend a discussion with Geo,Big Griz and Catch 22 to get a broad array of opinions, and practical applications. Jim (Catch) is the most recent recruit for the Procharger on his 454 EFI 22 Classic...his numbers are sobering to put it mildly!

...Procharger has a Pretty neat Brochure with a ton of real life Marine scenerios on a whole variety of Engines and different boats.

Let me know what ya come up with... I understand the Cooler can be the biggest contributor to reliable performance, as well as mild boost over more radical poundage?

Good Luck

Doc :p