PDA

View Full Version : Humble Beginnings - Project Z33

87Z33
06-17-2005, 12:43 PM
So I finally returned home and had a chance to start taking inventory and gutting the Z....structurally and mechanically the boat is in pretty good shape, vinyl is horrible...as of Thursday the cockpit and engine cover were at the upholestry shop and should be done in a week....previous owner put in lots of sound equipment and gutted the cabin of any sink/head so I think we'll start with just some benches and keep it simple.

Here are some pix....

87Z33
06-17-2005, 12:47 PM
May keep the gray....but will probably re-do the cabin in vinyl to match the cockpit....very light gray (quicksilver) and navy blue strip to match the boat hull....navy blue sides / white deck....don't have a pic of that just yet but the boat is being stripped today.

87Z33
06-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Headliner is showing some mold and mildew spots, one large tear...so that will probably have to go in this first pass. Crushed velour benches definitely have to go!

87Z33
06-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Mirrors under the hatch are a mess....any suggestions? Engines have 25 hrs on the rebuild....everything is really dusty as it has been stored in a large shop that had a lot of dusty work going on.

87Z33
06-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Too many speakers.....
BTW....Anyone know what the stainless rack is for?

gold-n-rod
06-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Crushed velour benches definitely have to go!

Amen to that. Looks like someone was trying to make a waterborne whorehouse.

Nice job bringing an old boat back to its former glory.

Donzigo
06-17-2005, 01:21 PM
How long have the engines ben stored, since running?

Salt water used before you?

Looks like there's a bit of rust on the engines, in all the tale-tale places.

I'd definitely do the headliner before any other part of the interior.

Reminds me of what mine looked like 3 years ago.

Regards,

Richard

87Z33
06-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Richard,

There probably was some salt water use many years ago. Boat has been in TX for a long time. I believe it was originally sold out of FL dealer....

Boat was used last summer.

Any idea what the stainless rack is? I thought it was part of the back seat but it seems too tall for that application.

I look forward to talking further.....I just need to get my arms around all of it so I know what it is I am talking about.

Trueser
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Railing / rAck is the rear seat base.

MIke

Call me I'm sure you have questions.

I may need some close ups of the trim motors. I took mine out so long ago I think a may have a wiring issue. Where did they all go?

What does the outside look like?