PDA

View Full Version : Tie down straps, fuzzy ones ???

Lenny
06-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know of a Company that makes NICE fuzzy tie down straps sutable for a DONZI 18? Much like a padded guitar strap is what I am thinking. Only about 8' of padding and about 11-12' overall, hook on one end and ratcheting type cinch of the other...

??? I need two.

gcarter
06-16-2005, 12:53 PM
How about a strip of carpet, about 10' long, with 1" wide straps sown across the backing every foot or so. Think "belt loop". Then just run the strap through the belt loops, with the smooth side of the carpet toward the boat.

mattyboy
06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Lenny
go to your local golf shop see if they have sheepskin golf bag straps
the have a loop on both ends and go on the golf bags existing leather strap
so all you have to do is put the ends of the tie downs thru them and face the soft wooley stuff towards the boat lets you get to the buckles of the strap to cinch her down good and no cross members to get in the way

McGary911
06-16-2005, 01:34 PM
One of the board members used some kind of furry strap covers that had something to do with horses.....scott boldt, maybe? I forget what they were used for (not into horse riding, myself, just horse betting) on the horse, but he said theyre perfect to protect the boat with.

ChromeGorilla
06-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I think it was GregK with the horse hair fuzzy cover for the straps. I went to Wal Mart and found nice soft sheepskin seat belt covers that fit perfectly over my straps....lovem.

mattyboy
06-16-2005, 01:49 PM
seat belt straps at walmart will be more economic than golf bag straps at the pro shop same thing ;)

Lenny
06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Got it !!! :D

They are called "girth covers" for horses and come in a variety of lengths. Basically 30-52". They are colours as well. They are a fleece "tube" to protect the underbelly of the horse and cover the straps.

These, slipped over ratcheting tie down straps would be PERFECT... :yes:

So, that is what I am after today. :D

boldts
06-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Lenny,

Your on it buddy. My 22 having colored gel on the transom is why I did the fleece covers on mine. I actually bought one and cut it in half. The tie down it self held the pad in place and protected the gel very nicely. Don't know if it qualified as Bling, but it worked.

Lenny
06-16-2005, 08:06 PM
One voter for that being "bling" :D

Ed Donnelly
06-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Lenny; Orthoflex Saddles in Nevada Missouri ( His name is Len )
When I bought my saddle from him I asked for 20' extra of the girth covers.
He threw them in for free.. Mind you I paid $4,000 for the saddle.....Ed

Greg K
06-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know of a Company that makes NICE fuzzy tie down straps sutable for a DONZI 18? Much like a padded guitar strap is what I am thinking. Only about 8' of padding and about 11-12' overall, hook on one end and ratcheting type cinch of the other...

??? I need two.

These are what you want...
Sheepskin Girth Covers (http://www.victorycanter.com/customer/product.php?productid=16805&cat=461&page=1)