PDA

View Full Version : 1971 GT21 back seat replacement

YoAnthony
06-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Bilt-rite does not have patterns for the back bench seat on a GT 21. :confused:

Does anyone have patterns, measurements like the height to the bottom of the seat, top of the seat, width, depth?

I can make a cardboard pattern for the seat back once I know where the bottomlines up.

One more question: I assume that the installed deck hardware (cleats and chocks) were not original?

Update on the boat - the 351 runs, on the flushette but haven't tries it under load because I have no interior. I guess I could use a milk crate...

Thanks!

Anthony

mattyboy
06-16-2005, 08:52 AM
didn't the gt and the x 18 have the same style rear seat seem to remember the mint gt in lake george having a similar seat to geo's x 18
I have pics at home I'll try and post, not sure what help that is, i'm sure the dimensions are different

olredalert
06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Matty,

------Yes, the X18 seats did have a similar pattern but, of course, not the same size.

------YoAnthony....Look up other GT21s in the registry as you will probably find someone to measure and take pics for you and Bilt-Rite..........Bill S

pmreed
06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Check with Jamesbon (Nate), he's redoing his GT and I'm sure has the info you need.

Phil

YoAnthony
06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks to all who responded. I also just had a great conversation with Bob at Bilt-rite. He sure knows what he is doing. I might just need a measurement for the back seat bottom "height" in other words from the bottom of the seat to the floor.

I thought of using milk crates to sit on but that would not look too cool!:cool: ...Not!

Thanks!

Drinsect
06-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I talked with Bob today and he gave me measurements to cut in cardboard to make a pattern for the back seat. I am sending him my front seat for rebuilding. Sounds like the rebilt will be better then the original. :wavey:

YoAnthony
06-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I talked with Bob today and he gave me measurements to cut in cardboard to make a pattern for the back seat. I am sending him my front seat for rebuilding. Sounds like the rebilt will be better then the original. :wavey:

I think Bob will do a great job for us. Do you have a GT 21?

Drinsect
06-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I think Bob will do a great job for us. Do you have a GT 21?

Yes a 1974 white with yellow stripe 350 with 3/4 cam I will emron the boat the first week of July. I have had all the chrome re-done. There is no interior worth anything so bob will do a complete interior. That should bring it back to 100%

YoAnthony
06-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Yes a 1974 white with yellow stripe 350 with 3/4 cam I will emron the boat the first week of July. I have had all the chrome re-done. There is no interior worth anything so bob will do a complete interior. That should bring it back to 100%

I too need to paint the deck and redo the interior. I also have an excellent chrome guy if you need one.
Don Burch
www.Polishedtreasures.com (http://www.Polishedtreasures.com)
don@polishedtreasures.com

I plan to send my chrome to Don this winter.

Where are you located?

Anthony

Drinsect
06-19-2005, 09:25 PM
I too need to paint the deck and redo the interior. I also have an excellent chrome guy if you need one.
Don Burch
www.Polishedtreasures.com (http://www.Polishedtreasures.com)
don@polishedtreasures.com

I plan to send my chrome to Don this winter.

Where are you located?

Anthony

Jacksonville, FL

Drinsect
06-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Jacksonville, FL

YOANTHONY WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED AT AND WHEN DO YOU PLAN ON RUNNING YOUR BOAT?

YoAnthony
06-20-2005, 05:37 PM
YOANTHONY WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED AT AND WHEN DO YOU PLAN ON RUNNING YOUR BOAT?

I am in New Jersey during the week (philadelphia area), the Sassafras river on the Chesapeake on the weekend (trawler). I miss our old 21 ft formula. Going 9 knots in the trawler is getting old so we bought the Donzi. Not sure if we will use it up here in New Jersey or the Sassafras next year, maybe some of both.

Were you able to make a pattern for your back seat? Any pictures of the interior?

Thanks!

Anthony

Masterson
06-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Anthony,

I too have a GT21. Fantastic boat. I assume you have not water tested this boat given that you are restoring it. I looked for a long time for mine. I still have the original engine in mine, waiting for it to finally fail so I can justify a new power package, but it has not happened yet. Emai if you are needing any additional measurements for your boat. I was not able to respond in time for your previous request.

Fish boy
06-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks to all who responded. I also just had a great conversation with Bob at Bilt-rite. He sure knows what he is doing. I might just need a measurement for the back seat bottom "height" in other words from the bottom of the seat to the floor.

I thought of using milk crates to sit on but that would not look too cool!:cool: ...Not!

Thanks!

Does anyone have a number or web address for biltrite. I keep comng up with rubber companies when I search the web. Thanks,

fish

YoAnthony
06-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Bob is at BiltRiteUph@aol.com

YoAnthony
06-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Also, I believe you can PM Bob as he is a member of this group "knots2u".

Fish boy
06-28-2005, 01:24 PM
hey anthony, thanks a bunch, I appreciate it.

fish

PaulO
06-29-2005, 09:51 AM
DRInsect,
What is a 3/4 cam?

SHORTSAM
04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I just purchased a 71 and a 73 GT21 and want to refurbish both (and really looking forward to it!) Any contacts that you might have would be greatly appreciated. I emailed Bilt Rite (thank you for that) but although one boat is in somewhat better shape than the other, I will be needing parts (even down to stickers) Any help, suggestions, etc. that anyone has would be great to hear

YoAnthony
04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Sam,
I cannot reccomend builtrite any more. They were unable to do the GT 21 seats for me. After trying them I tried Don Racine of Racine Design who was able to deliver. He did a super job! Made a cockpit cover too. They are in Jacksonville, FL.

I took all the chrome off my GT and had a friend rechrome it. The guy's name is Don Burch of Polished Treasures, www.PolishedTreasures.com. Don does great work and lots of boat parts. he is in NJ.

I am gettin the deck of the boat painted next week. It was painted before.

I hope to have the boat in the water this spring! I will use the boat on the Chesapeake bay in MD and up in NJ on the Delaware River. Where will you be boating?

Drinsect
04-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the info on the builder in Jacksonville.
By a great deal of luck I to am in JaX and will take the GT-21 there for the interior.

Drinsect:wink: