PDA

View Full Version : Need some Advice.

G - FORCE 88
06-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I have made up my mind, the Donzi must go. But there is one problem I have no idea what I should be asking for it. What are 22 Classics going for? It is a 1988 all original paint and glass. New(within the last 2 years) interior, guages,panel, stereo, rug, Trailer redone about 3 years ago(doesnt travel much) Motor JUST rebuilt from the crank up. New everything. 1997 454 Mag, 392 hp on Dyno New heads, and all. 1997 Bravo 1. Runs 73 mph @ 4900 rpm. 2 props Mirage 25p anf Bravo 1 22p. 2 covers. Thru hull exhaust, drive shower. It has 4 hours FRESH WATER ONLY BREAK IN TIME ONLY. It will not touch the salt water until someone buys it if they want.
My question is what should I be asking for it. I have seen them as high as 24k down to 14k. On a scale of 1 -10 mine is a 9 in condition. I am having it completely detailed this week. I would like to see 18.5k for it. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
jon :wink:

Fish boy
06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Jon, it does not sound unreasonable to the right buyer. There are not too many immaculate boats, but it will take someone who understands that as boats get older, they need maintenance (mechanical and cosmetic)- yours already has it done. Best suggestion is to get a ton of high res pics someone can see to be able to appreciate how clean your boat is. Best of luck selling it.

Might also try ebay and boat trader to get an idea what others are going for. Unfortunately, many buyers will only be comparing other boats of like year and power.

fish

knots2u
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Do you have it in the boats for sale section, with pictures? If you go the ebay route make the opening bid the MINIMUM you will take, that way every bid is a winning bid and you have sold your boat. If more than one person bids you are above your minimum. I hate the teaser listings, $1 opening bid and some unknown reserve, I think they are just fishing for a market value. If there are not at least two bidders there's no way the reserve will be met, even with two it might not be met. On two recent ebay listings one boat would have sold if the bid went $1 more, the other reached a level below the reserve and then was relisted at the highest bid. Not sure if either one ever sold.

Just my .02

G - FORCE 88
06-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I will be posting it on ebay on Wednesday and In the trader for Friday. I will post pics in the For Sale section as well.
Thanks
Jon