PDA

View Full Version : I missed Chelan, but, MAN, what a great day...

Lenny
06-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Took the boat out this morning. First thing, with fresh oil, (40W Racing) and good timing ;) . What a blast. About a 2' chop, even and predictable. Bumpy as hell, then told Deneen, "we are gonna get on top" . :D Man, what a blast. She was amazed. What a great sunny day, tons of fun, motor ran PERFECT other tha a little rich after idling into a marina to get gas for a prolonged period of time. Nothing that the "neutral stop" and a few quick revs" didn't clean out.

What a GREAT BOAT !!! :D

Man, do I need more ponies. Tons more ponies. :yes:

Saw about 58 GPS, two people and full tank.

Next time is the SOLAS / ULTRA comparison.

...man, is this boat ever FUN, ... and a handful :D

Its' all GOOD

Chili 18
06-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Its good to be on top... :chilipepp :shocking:

Zudnic
06-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Did you re-time engine after putting on new carb? I wish the X-18 I emailed my offer hurries and responds. I think it sold though.

Our region offers some great places for more meetings. One of the places I really want to boat to is Orcas Island or Sucia. Victoria aint that far to those places, and I'm sure others would go as well. As soon as I find something (18) I think I'll make my first treck to Victoria and you can help me plan out a mild 383! Help me avoid the more pony trap for least a little bit. :wink:

EricG
06-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Actually Lenny, you didn't miss much! It was tooooo windy at Chelan to really enjoy what it has to offer.

On the run up to Steheiken, we got about a third of the way up and after pounding through the 3+ footers for a mile or two saw the rain squalls coming down the lake. 3 of us turned back, 2 kept going. Brian and Brian made it in the 22C, and Dave and family made it in the 22ZX, but they both got a little rained on, and consoled me that we would not have made it in the 18...Brian said they were taking water over the bow in the 22C.

We had a pretty good run back, but there was so much crap in the water that I didn't feel comfortable going fast enough to really get on top of it, it was so choppy you just couldn't see it until it was too late, and I really didn't want to destroy my Ultra.

Yesterday AM I went out by myself and ran in 2-3 ft. chop by myself for about 10 miles...flat out. It was Amazing...like you, reminded me why I love this boat so much. I saw 55 on the GPS in the middle trim hole, which was surprising, because usually I only get there in the outside. Now I wish I would have changed it to see what I could get overall.

Glad you had a good run... we'll need to all meet in the Islands at somepoint soon.

-EG

Brian Main
06-13-2005, 02:55 PM
On the run up to Steheiken, we got about a third of the way up and after pounding through the 3+ footers for a mile or two saw the rain squalls coming down the lake. 3 of us turned back, 2 kept going. Brian and Brian made it in the 22C, and Dave and family made it in the 22ZX, but they both got a little rained on, and consoled me that we would not have made it in the 18...Brian said they were taking water over the bow in the 22C.

-EG

Eric,

Do you mean the "leisurely" little cruise Dave, Brian and I took to the other end of the lake? :eek!:

I took this during one of the few moments I felt like I could release the death grip on the wheel! I think Brian G. may have gotten some video in there somewhere too.

Actually, it was a blast.

Brian

Formula Jr
06-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Two words come to mind looking at that photo......
Oh ThiT! :D

Donzi Kat
06-13-2005, 09:34 PM
YOU HAVE NOOOOO IDEA...... boy was that on heck of a rough ride. But still had a blast the whole weekend.:eek: :eek:

yeller
06-15-2005, 10:33 PM
NICE PIC, Brian! That'll sure make those in Florida wish they lived in the NW! :rlol: