PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery Continues!

MOP
06-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Well when I pulled the motor other day I did not find anything but assumed the double washer must have flipped up, I even found the alignment slightly off when done that made me sure it hade to be that damn washer! Well got the drive back on yesterday, went over all the engine stuff today for a wet test. Fired it off made some minor adjustments, set idle down a bit and **** rattly tattily was back. Got the stethoscope out and touched every inch over again especially at the motor mounts still could not isolate crap plus it was loud so I slapped Matty's Mufflers on and listened to everything again. It does not sound like a motor noise, but now I have an idea what it may be. I put a 60,000 volt coil in place of the stock Merc and have last years new wires on it. What got me thinking about this is how the sun gears in a Borg will rattle when you have a miss, so I will grab some new 8MM tomorrow and see what happens. It is that it may have also been the cause of the erratic carb pops I was getting at speed. Anyway wet test canceled until tomorrow now off to Din Din and a few libations its been a tough one!