PDA

View Full Version : PK4 Aerial Photos

txtaz
06-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I talked with my pilot neighbor this evening and kicked around the idea of him flying up for PK4 to take aerial shots. He is really interested in doing it. I'm not sure if he will fly up from SA or rent a plane there. He did say if he rented up there he would have to be checked out at that airport before being able to rent a plane (about $150).
If people are interested, let me know. Also it might be nice if we helped cover his expenses as a plane rents in SA for $85 an hour.
We might have a chance to have some nice pics from the air.
Let me know what you think.
Wes

LoneStarDonziGirl
06-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Wes, this sounds like lots of fun. An aerial view of the boats running and tied up togeter at Hells Gate. We are getting as fancy as AOTH! What do you say guys, anyone interested?

txtaz
07-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Wow, I thought there would be more interest in doing this. It's not everyday we get a chance to get aerial photos of our boats.
PK4 attendies speak out.
Wes

Reedy
07-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow, I thought there would be more interest in doing this. It's not everyday we get a chance to get aerial photos of our boats.
PK4 attendies speak out.
WesSo if we end up with eight boats do we split something like $320.00? For $ 40.00 we all get a digital file with group shots and maybe if we are lucky a shot of our boat, I'm in.

farmer tx
07-06-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm In. See what you can arrange Wes.

txtaz
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
So if we end up with eight boats do we split something like $320.00? For $ 40.00 we all get a digital file with group shots and maybe if we are lucky a shot of our boat, I'm in.
Mark, this is a give what you want venture. I'm sure Josiah will get shots of every boat. He is really good and does this on the side for people who want shots of their houses. I will bring my laptop and burn copies for those who help fund the picture shoot. Those that do not can buy them from the registry. I imagine we will set up a 2 hour time frame to do an "aerial run". He will make several low passes and get the boats in formation and each one individually. Any other ideas are welcome.
Wes

Team Jefe
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Even though Jefe's Revenge won't be there....I'd love to have a Big Pimpin' shot of all the Texas Donzi's.

txtaz
07-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Imagine a shot of 11 Texas Donzi's (and friends) running in V formation from the air. Sweet and to boot, Jefe riding on the bow of the lead boat with rope in hand like it's a steer. Ahhhh, the good days.
Wes

txtaz
07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I could have added wearing a red bikini, but I won't go there. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

DonCig
07-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Count me in, and is Wes really wearing a red bikini to fund this event?

DonCig

txtaz
08-22-2005, 09:10 AM
OK, time to pony up. So far I have DonCig, Farmer, Jefe, Reedy and myself.
That would be $70 per person. We are covering $350 of his costs. All those that donate will get a cd of the pictures that weekend. Anyone who wants a cd will have to make a donation to the registry and cover shipping.
Anyone else want to jump in and help cover the cost?
Wes

farmer tx
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Speaking of CD'S I don't remember recieving TRIII pics from you. Should have thought about that last weekend.

txtaz
08-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Speaking of CD'S I don't remember recieving TRIII pics from you. Should have thought about that last weekend.
I have them on the laptop so I can burn those for you at PK. Just remind me.

DonCig
09-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Hey guys, our plan is working. Wes, I have conspired with farmer, Jefe and Reedy to tamper with your boat so that the airplane can take an ariel shot of all four of us whooping your butt on the race course. I have promised the other guys to take the $300 in winnings from you to pay for the airial plane photo shot illustrating the occasion. :rlol:

So when all is finished, I can say that I did not tamper with your boat.

Can't wait.:beer:

DonCig

Reedy
09-02-2005, 09:19 AM
I think it will all work out. Wes has been tampering with his own boat, so that should take care of that.
:smash: :smash: :smash:

:beer:

Hey guys, our plan is working. Wes, I have conspired with farmer, Jefe and Reedy to tamper with your boat so that the airplane can take an ariel shot of all four of us whooping your butt on the race course. I have promised the other guys to take the $300 in winnings from you to pay for the airial plane photo shot illustrating the occasion. :rlol:

So when all is finished, I can say that I did not tamper with your boat.

Can't wait.:beer:

DonCig

txtaz
09-02-2005, 09:35 AM
You recruited 3 Texans to conspire against another Texan...I don't think so. Just for that I'm going to add another aspect to "The Grudge" race. The winner must eat 1/2 jar of my salsa with chips in front of the crew. Either that or the winner could go head to head with Farmer in a :chilipepp eating contest.
AND Reedy, man I'm dissapointed. Didn't you know I rebuilt the entire top end myself this spring. I'm a regular :wrench: head. Those PK3 disks just might get lost for your traitorous activities. You know us Texans have to stick together, we are way out numbered.
Wes

Reedy
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Wes, even out numbered, we are not out numbered, if you know what I mean.
Between your mean machine and Farmers, I think our out of state friends might be a little nervous, especially if there is any type of "Texas" eating contest after the race.:checkered .QUOTE=txtaz]You recruited 3 Texans to conspire against another Texan...I don't think so. Just for that I'm going to add another aspect to "The Grudge" race. The winner must eat 1/2 jar of my salsa with chips in front of the crew. Either that or the winner could go head to head with Farmer in a :chilipepp eating contest.
AND Reedy, man I'm dissapointed. Didn't you know I rebuilt the entire top end myself this spring. I'm a regular :wrench: head. Those PK3 disks just might get lost for your traitorous activities. You know us Texans have to stick together, we are way out numbered.
Wes[/QUOTE]

Dalelama
09-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Remember... unless the guy is a Commercial Rated pilot, it's against FAA regs to recieve compensation for operating the controls of an aircraft!

It IS legal to SHARE the expense EQUALLY... but that's for pilot & PASSENGERS.....

Bottom line...... keep it QUIET!!!!

DonCig
09-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Wes, I have some BAD news for you. You thought I made a mistake in asking my fellow Texans to conspire against you. Little did you know that my Boat is a Texan boat, as verified by the following picture displaying its' Texas Registration Number!

You have been set up again.

DonCig

txtaz
09-04-2005, 05:05 PM
verified by the following picture displaying its' Texas Registration Number!

You have been set up again.

DonCig
DOH!!! :smash:

farmer tx
09-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Wes, Let me know when you need the peppers and I will ship them. I have found a fireproof box.

DonCig
09-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Wes, maybe the two of us should eat some of Mark's peppers before the big race, then we can turn the afterburners on while they are behind us!

DonCig

txtaz
09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Wes, maybe the two of us should eat some of Mark's peppers before the big race, then we can turn the afterburners on while they are behind us!

DonCig
OK, I'll bid one pepper each before the race...Do I hear two???
Uhmmm, we need some one at the finish line to take pictures.. or we can make it a circle race (I rock on left hand turns). Did you hear about the 78.4mph run??? Shakin in ya boots yet?
Wes
P.S. Reedy, sounds like your back peddling buddy. LOL

DonCig
09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I am shaking about eating Marks peppers, but not about your 78.4 mph run to the toilet after eating them!DonCig

txtaz
09-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I am shaking about eating Marks peppers, but not about your 78.4 mph run to the toilet after eating them!DonCig
Too funny... :splat:

Reedy
09-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Uhmmm, we need some one at the finish line to take pictures.. or we can make it a circle race (I rock on left hand turns). Did you hear about the 78.4mph run??? Shakin in ya boots yet?
Wes
I have to back peddle some. When you guys are talking up your game in the upper 70's range, and I'm in a 55mph 16, theres not a lot of room to talk trash. But it is nice to run for two days on only 15 gallons of gas.........
:jestera:
I hope someone brings their digital video camera for the pepper eating contest.
Now that will be something that could make some money for the Registry!!!!

Reedy
09-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Wes
Ok, when you guys start talking up your game in the upper 70's, and I am in a 55 mph 16, yes I will back peddle.
But running two days on 15 gallons is turning out to be ok.........
Someone does need to bring their digital camera to shoot the pepper eating contest, with sound. It sounds like it might make the registry some money.
:jestera:

txtaz
09-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Should we make this a pepper o' thon??? Kind of like the walk a thons for charities....
I think it's a great idea. Raise money for the number of peppers you eat to be donated to the board.
Who's in???
Wes

farmer tx
09-07-2005, 12:36 AM
If you are talking Jalapeno I may be in. But you can leave those Japanese things at home, this is Texas. If anyone can eat more than one of the jalapenos i'm going to pack they have an iron gut.

txtaz
09-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Bring them on Mark. I have perfected a new distilling technique that turns those bad boys into nitro.
As far as the salsa, I have some special little purple peppers that came from Mexico and the rest will come from a local SAN ANTONIO market. I'm making it on Wednesday so it can't get much fresher than that. If the pissy Poodle dude doesn't show up, I'm mailing a Christmas package that says spaghetti sauce on it to him. :beer: :beer:
See you in PK.
Wes