PDA

View Full Version : Gel project

gcarter
06-10-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm planning on re-gelling the Minx's bottom this summer.
When I bought the boat, it had bottom paint. While removing it, I discovered some cosmetic damage probably caused by a barnicle infested lift or some such. So I'm going to repair the dings and scratches, and then re-gel.
If you look at this page;
https://www.minicraft.com/retail/donzimarine.htm
you'll see they have color matched gel. I know they don;t LIST white, but Donzi (and maybe some other manufacturers) from 1968 to 1988 used "Classic White" for their white parts. Also if you notice, the price of five gallons of gel is about the price of two one gallon containers.
So I think I'll need maybe two or three gallons to do the bottom. So if someone wants to share some white gel, let me know.

MOP
06-10-2005, 11:20 PM
All the glass guys up here use Minicraft they seem to be very good, they do a good matching job.

Phil

Moody Blu'
06-11-2005, 10:55 AM
what baout sky blu? :idea:

gcarter
06-11-2005, 01:15 PM
what baout sky blu? :idea:
It might be that "Barbado Blue" from the '68-'75 list.
But they can match anything for a fee.

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
George,

I think I have a short magazine article on blue printing boat bottoms. Might be of interest to you when doing this project. I'll see if I can find it and mail it off to you. Think I kept the email with your address on it! :)

gcarter
06-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks Steve, that would be great.
BTW, I'll get your mag back to you soon. You did see the article I posted, didn't you?

Zudnic
06-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks Steve, that would be great.
BTW, I'll get your mag back to you soon. You did see the article I posted, didn't you?

Saw it...forgot to post in it, thanks for putting it up. You do not need to send it back. Kept it for the Minx picture I have a photo copy. I'll have to dig around for blue print article, have it cause I save everything!