PDA

View Full Version : Air cleaner cleaning tip!

MOP
06-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Well I hope Bonnie don't read this but today I tries something new, I washed my big brass HP air cleaner in her dish washer. It looks like it just came of the shelf, minty clean. Washing in gas and blow drying is out for me from now on! I got the idea from my old shop that now uses a hot water and detergent parts washer. It work very well wish it was around when I was on the wrenches, maybe my hands would not be so bad!

Sneak yours in and see the great results!

Phil

Rootsy
06-08-2005, 12:57 PM
yep you'll be a dead man if she finds out... kinda like washing shop rags in the washer is a no no...

now if you ever find yourself trying to get stubborn stains out of carpet or cloth upholstery give some dawn dishwashing detergent a shot... mixed with the use of a steam cleaner you will be boggled senseless at the amount of filth that is removed when you thought you had it so clean it'd squeak....

J

Morgan's Cloud
06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Well I hope Bonnie don't read this ..........

Phil

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

If only my pop knew what I get up to in his garage when he is away ! !

s

MOP
06-08-2005, 02:46 PM
That is a big "YUP"

Cuda
06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
kinda like washing shop rags in the washer is a no no...

J

It is??????????? Whoops! :boggled:

Cuda
06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I wonder if using her baking pan to drain my outdrive oil in the other day was a no no too?

Ed Donnelly
06-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Turkey basters are great for topping up your merc trim........Ed

MOP
06-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Jamie I do my red rags every week or so, then do my grubby genes an shirts. I do them both twice and the machine seems to be ok for the next loads, that is atlest SO FAR!