PDA

View Full Version : Regal

Cuda
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking of adding to the fleet. I know where there is what I think is a good deal on an 89 Regal 255 Commodore XL. It has a couple year old twin 4.3's with 47 hours on it. It also has color gps, a/c, electric winch, engine sinc, new ss props etc. It's also sitting on about a three year old triple axle aluminum trailer. The guy who owns it is a super for my main GC I work for. He's the kind of guy that does everything the right way. I know he spent $11k+ on the engines a couple years ago. It's hard to find a cruiser of this size with twins that has a trailer, and has never been bottom painted. I think it would be fun for weekends on the river to Silver Glen etc, and pull the Minx for a tender. :)

Anyone have experience with Regals? Are they thought to be a pretty well made boat?

BUIZILLA
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
I had an early 80's Regal, but it was a 20 open fish. I do remember it was very strong...

that would make a cool party barge with a/c and camper canvas....

look at it this way, you'll have two more spare drives for the Minx ;)

JH

Cuda
06-07-2005, 06:35 PM
He's only asking $12k for it.

Fish boy
06-07-2005, 07:00 PM
47 hours... Nice!!!! :)

Cuda
06-07-2005, 08:19 PM
What's this rig? Its up on the bulkhead forward of the engines. Halon?

penbroke
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Nice find!! Should make a great addition to the fleet. :D :D

Frank

boxy
06-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Joe, I had a 1990 Regal, it was a solidly built great running hull. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

baronmarine
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
my god cuda how many boats would that make 35 / 36 ?

todd:rlol:

Cuda
06-08-2005, 12:04 AM
It would make number seven, still down from the high water mark of nine (if you count pwc's).

Zudnic
06-08-2005, 05:10 PM
What's this rig? Its up on the bulkhead forward of the engines. Halon?

Pretty sure thats what it is. "Halon". My Dad had a 38 cabin cruiser and my older supposed to be wiser brother. Told his friend that if you push the test button and pull down the emergency release handle, the boat would blow-up! Dad was not impressed with his little joke. Brother thought if you pushed the test button it would'nt go off!!!! The bottles looked just like that.

Thats a good deal for a go most places cabin cruiser. I would go for it if I was you. But I would put the Minx up for sale really cheap!!!! :biggrin:

Cuda
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Debbie and I have discussed this at great length. We'd like to have a better boat for overnighting, but I just don't really want to go back to a full cruiser. We had one once before. Now we are thinking about selling the 302 Formula, and moving into a 280 SS Formula. Still good enough cabin to overnight in comforably, but retain at least a bit of sportyness. Our boating has really changed since we moved. We only took out the 302 three times all last year after we moved. We don't have to cross Tampa Bay anymore, and there's really nowhere to go if you get out in the Atlantic, so I'm sure most of our boating will be in the river and the ICW.

Friday will make one year we've been here.

Cuda
06-13-2005, 01:39 PM
If anyone else is interested in the Regal, the guy sure would like to sell it.

Cuda
10-09-2005, 04:54 PM
I saw the owner of the Regal a couple days ago, he said he'd take ten grand for it, which I think is a steal.