PDA

View Full Version : 1994 22 Classic (maybe repeat post)

Zudnic
06-07-2005, 09:37 AM
This is what I would get if I could talk my sales manager into going half with me. Every go fast boat owner, I've met allways wants to go faster. The thing I would do over time would be drive swap to Arneson. Every article that has mention of these drives and someone doing this swap; the boat seems to get the best jump in performance for your money. Makes sense if you have an engine with all the goodies, like this Classic!

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/3/75003203.htm

pmreed
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I could build a lot of motor for the 16 grand retail that a Bravo conversion Arneson ASD6 costs. And that's without a prop! I was interested until I got the price :eek: .

Phil

Zudnic
06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
I could build a lot of motor for the 16 grand retail that a Bravo conversion Arneson ASD6 costs. And that's without a prop! I was interested until I got the price :eek: .

Phil

If you buy a boat with alot of motor allready installed for a good price. Think the Arneson would be one of the few upgrades that would satisfy the need for more speed. $16K though is a little steep!

sweet 16 1966
06-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Listen to PM Reed! He has one fast boat. Whan I think of fast Donzi's, he
definately comes to mind. I would love a set up like his!

Boatless
06-28-2005, 02:19 AM

Phil

Spend the 16K on your engine and see how long your outdrive last! Then you will be spending more and more on your I/O to keep it working and before you know it you spent another 16k in maintainance.

ITTLFLI
06-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Just a thought......but how many folks have blown their drive on a 22 classic under normal conditions(like not wake jumping while keeping it on the pin and hammering it out of the hole, ect)?

The 22 has very little resistance as opposed to a 8000-10000lb offshore.

Be smart with the sticks and the bravo WILL LIVE!!

BTW....I know of a slightly used Arneson conversion is for probably $8-10k. It was used for one season of R&D freshwater!

Call if your interested! 513-470-8480