PDA

View Full Version : Is there...

HollaGeo
06-06-2005, 09:03 PM
As you all probably know I am from the NYC area. There is a lot of water around here. Long Island Sound, Hudson, Jersey Shore. Is there Donzi life around here? I always hear people talking about AOTH, MADCOW, etc. I am relatively new to this whole boating together community and would honestly like to know which route to take. Are Baja's, Formulas, Cigs more prevalent here? If anybody has any answers that woud be great.

We all know that I haven't exactly had a great run here so far. Yes, I did bring it upon myself but the fire was also fueled. In other words, I'm not extremely pleased with the experience so far. However, I did like the fact that there were invites for me to go on boats. I'm gonna stick around keep up with you guys and still respond and make new posts. Whether you decide to respond is your choice. Once I have a boat, whether it be a Donz, Baja, Forumla, etc. I will have done enough socializing to know where I fit in. An article will be written and hopefully published in a popular boating magazine about my experience here and my experiences with other boating communities. I'm just going to make it easy for people who are in my shoes.

goatee
06-07-2005, 12:41 AM
do yourself a favor, dont write. READ... you have a question, do a search. chances are someone sometime has already talked about it.
if not,,, go ahead and ask. i have been around for a little while now, but still have not bought a boat . (yet) (holding out for the 22)

you pissed people off, and they fired back. what you forgot was,, alot of people come here. alot of people were pissed ALOT of people are going to fire back. take your lumps like a man.

dont be suprised if those invites for a ride were a one way trip. :anchor:

i'm sure there are alot of boating communities, some younger, some older.
you said yourself, ,, how many kids your age can afford a "hobby" such as a donzi?? -not many. so there you go. big deal! so far everyone i have met has been very friendly and fun to be with. just the fact they own a donzi answers the question, "are you cool"?

nobody is getting any younger, and the next thing you know , your going to wake up and be my age. the only problem is,, your not going to feel any older. your just going to get pissed when some young punk makes an ignorant comment about age.. :eek:

and so it begins......................

then you came here... and made friends just as fast.
razzing someone is one thing. thats what you got. getting personal, calling names, saying things deliberatly to offend,,, thats what you did.

i am seriously suprised they did not pull the plug on you.
some want to ignore you, some will be pissed i responded to this.
but, you say you are here to stay so,, just do a search, sit back and read..... and read some more..... but please! PLEASE! read more than you write. get to know someone before you call them a coke head.
be 6'6" 290 before you go pushing anyone in the water.

and btw, respect is not something that went out of style. it's not a sign of the times. respect is something you show to another person because its what you want them to show you. maybe some day you will look back on this and realize im right. maybe you will realize the reason you dont get any respect is because you have'nt shown any.

maybe you will be able to turn this around.
maybe even with people who's respect you dont deserve..
maybe, just maybe,,, you could use this very post as a stepping stone do just that... or maybe not, i dont know

but if you do, you can thank me later.

HollaGeo
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
This is the reason why I am taking an interest in other boats because of all of you. Donzi could've been $50k richer and most likely in time, even more. As I said above, once I own a boat and feel comfortable in that particular community, I am going to write about my experiences because I think you are all ridiculous. It's like you are all a gang here and the second somebody makes a stupid post you automatically look down upon. I have tried time after time and nobody has taken any interest. The fact of the matter is I don't want to meet any of you. There are some who boat where I boat and I am sure in time we will cross paths. I have a lot to offer; layman's term medical advice, I don't mind organizing get togethers or at least helping out, I'm going to eventually be selling my TJ Wrangler, etc. I get the impression you are all stuck up if you want my honest opinion. I have my own money, I know that's diffulcult for everybody to believe because I am in my early 20's, the difference is that I can take a joke.

thriller
06-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Good Riddings.. Your'e a knob...Go Away Already:bonk:

HollaGeo
06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
At least somebody do me a favor and enlighten me on what brand boat you think suits somebody in their early 20's? There is a difference between Bayliner owners (Not Meridian) and Chaparal owners, if you get my jist. There has to be a difference in the marketing between high-performance boats.

HollaGeo
06-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Good Riddings.. Your'e a knob...Go Away Already:bonk:

That's my point, what did I say in that post that doesn't deserve an adult response. I'm a knob, explain to me. People have given me advice on respect, I haven't gotten any. What is the problem, I've been criticized by everybody. Instead of calling me a knob, tell me why you would like me to go away.

txtaz
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Sorry, guys but somethig needs to be done here. The erradick behavior is an indication of somethig and usually not good.

Holla, We gave you chance after chance to belong here. You stated you would stop being a jerk. I even replied to our posts in a thoughtfull way.
NOW the rath of Taz is upon you......

HollaGeo
06-07-2005, 11:19 AM
You're right. No more posting from me. I gave this a chance.

bronso
06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
hey holla,
i'm new to this site but not to the "boating lifestyle". from reading your posts i get the impression that you feel money matters, and the boat makes the person/people. you couldn't be farther from the truth if my impression is right. we all started our lifestyle because we enjoy the water, friends, beautiful scenery, partying, speed, adventure, and the list goes on. it never mattered if we did it in a canoe or a 65' viking offshore fishing machine. the friends that can be made and the new adventures discovered do not have price tags. go buy a small, affordable runabout, take some friends and take your favorite party materials, and have a good time on the water. as you enjoy your new toy, you'll realize there are aspects of it you like and dislike. you will eventually either get out out of the sport, or get something bigger or faster or with more seating, or something to sleep on and again the list goes on. it took me 15 years to realize the vessel that suits me best is the 1 i now own. it just so happens to be a donzi. it could have been a wellcraft or searay or regal or whatever. but believe it or not, my appreciation for the finer things about boating did not come from the donzi, they came from the surfboard, the canoe, and the numerous power boats i have had the opportunity to own and experience. with all my babbling done, go hit the water, see if you enjoy it, and decide what best suits YOUR NEEDS. Hopefully it'll be a donzi.

goatee
06-07-2005, 11:43 AM
were ridiculous, a gang, stuck up, and you dont want to meet any of us?
if ANYBODY EVER gave you a second chance,, it was me! you could have said anything after my post.
when i said to "use" it.. ,,,,basically, i have been here a while, have met several people, i hold a little pull at least. people arent real concerned with what you say. so if i started it, said what everyones thinking and get there attention, that maybe you could make amends.

good luck in your search, you would be better off in a larger boat, with a cabin ect. more practical ... fountain, formula,
in fact my brother has a 38' formula with twin 502's if you want. i think its a 97

HollaGeo
06-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Maybe it's just that I'm from NYC and you all don't live here. Two different mind sets. That's all she wrote...

goatee
06-07-2005, 12:00 PM
yes hg, there are gatherings in your area. keep an eye on the "EVENTS/GATHERINGS" section. i'm pretty sure lake george and 1000 islands are in new york.

Marlin275
06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Here is something in your area with all the big powerboats on the eastcoast. Great event, you'll see it all.

The prestigious New York City Powerboat Rally 2005 will take place on the Hudson River on Saturday, June 18th at 12:00 Noon. This Annual Boating Extravaganza, filmed and broadcasted internationally, will feature over 175 "state of the art" Speedboats and Cruisers in what has grown to be one of the largest boating events in America. The who’s who of performance boats and cruisers will be there including Cigarette, Outerlimits, Sonic, Skater, Eliminator, Hustler, Powerquest, Sea Ray, Baja, Spectre, Force, Phantom,Velocity, Sunseeker, Nor-Tech, Black Thunder, Advantage, and more.

http://www.nationalpowerboat.com/nyc/2005/nycpoker2005_soe.html

mattyboy
06-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Against My Own Judgement And Advice I Am Posting
Please I'm Beggin All Of You Stop Replying To Hollageo
He Was Given Info On All The Events In The Northeast When He First Came Here Given Invites To Rides And Events But Since His Behavior Most Of Those Have Been Recinded, And If You Read The Boards Anyone Can Find An Event In The Tristate Area

You Guys Are Being Played

Please Stop

Walt. H.
06-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Listen to Matty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Touch'e, I concur!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough already!!
I'll pay the bar tab for everyone that listens to Matty! :beer:

W.H "Pull the plug on Holla/loser................."

OK, no talk i'll nod-> :yes: :yes: happy?

mattyboy
06-07-2005, 01:12 PM
walt are you listening??? :rolleyes:

if you agree I'll take no response as a yeah

Fish boy
06-07-2005, 01:34 PM
walt are you listening??? :rolleyes:

if you agree I'll take no response as a yeah

"Yeah" from me... I could not figure out how to respond with a "no response" LOL :biggrin:

Bronso, I could not agree with you more. Hopefully, if HG takes anything positive away from this (learing to play well with others does not appear to be an option), it will be from your post.

Buh-bye, HG.

Craig S
06-07-2005, 02:21 PM
"Yeah" from me... I could not figure out how to respond with a "no response" LOL :biggrin:

Bronso, I could not agree with you more. Hopefully, if HG takes anything positive away from this (learing to play well with others does not appear to be an option), it will be from your post.

Buh-bye, HG.

I think he won.

bronso
06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
thanks for the positive response.