PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover

dr
06-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I am looking for a boat cover (and/or the way to store/cover) for my 1995 16 Classic which unfortunately may be kept outside a portion of this summer. Any recommendations to protect the boat will be greatly appreciated. I assume configuring a shelter of some sort would be best but due to restrictions of my neighborhood merely keeping the boat in the driveway will bring the wrath of several committees on me.

undertaker
06-06-2005, 07:34 PM
The best cover IMO go to www.coverquest.com. I just ordered a red sunbrella one for my new 22 classic, Dr. Dan has one for his 22 classic and loves it. Good Luck :biggrin.:

MOP
06-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Another good thing to do is to make up a way to keep fresh are flowing through the boat while covered, I taped carpet to L sahped PVC tubes and had it so I could lay it on the boat then cover it over.

dr
06-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Another good thing to do is to make up a way to keep fresh are flowing through the boat while covered, I taped carpet to L sahped PVC tubes and had it so I could lay it on the boat then cover it over.

This sounds like a god idea...can you expound a bit on how this works...IE does the pipe lay on the boat; and if so what is the size, how many, ect...and thanks again

Donzigo
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Whatever way you go, make the cover out of sunbrella material from Glen Raven Mills. They have a good product that allows you to wash the boat and cover it, knowing that the water will evaporate through the material and will not casue mill-due. This material will last approxiamtely 8 to 10 years with re-stiching of the seams every two to three years. I've had these covers for many years and I think they are great. Not cheap; but, the best!

MOP
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM
This sounds like a god idea...can you expound a bit on how this works...IE does the pipe lay on the boat; and if so what is the size, how many, ect...and thanks again

Yes the PVC does lay on the boat but is carpet wrapped, my boats sit next to my house with a fairly decent breeze blowing between mine and my neihbors house. I had the pipes ends that hang down cut at a fairly sharp angle, one faces one direction and one the other which helps to force the air in one pipe and out the other. That setup was on my 16 on real hot days you could feel the hot air coming out, I made up a new rig for the 22 with a little larger pipe and a solar fan with its own rechargeable battery on one tube so it runs 24 hours. Even my bilge dries out and I have -0- mildew.

PS RIch is 100% right you can not beat Sunbrella it is the best!

Phil

Cuda
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Phil, do you have a picture of this set up?

Donzigo
06-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Phil -------------- ditto the Cuda-man. Can you send a picture of this? It sounds great!

Richard

dr
06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Phil -------------- ditto the Cuda-man. Can you send a picture of this? It sounds great!

Richard

One more time...I would love to see a photo or diagram as well.

Thanks