PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the COLOUR pics of this boat? F Junior

Lenny
06-06-2005, 03:04 PM
I got this from Formula today. I know that waaaayyy back there were colour pics on the registry of this boat in their showroom. Anyone ever find them again after the many site conversions over the last 5 years?

Formula Jr
06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Geeze Len, I took those off my server last week!
I do have the pics but they are on Floppy for a Mac.
:bawling:

Let me also check if I ever put them on the Donzi.net server.
That will take a while.
Are you painting the Jr.?
The factory showroom boat was robin's egg blue, white stripe.

Lenny
06-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Owen, to be honest, the rides, that weekend and that "time" (me driving) 60+ in 2 footers, following Sea in the Puget Sound was somethng I will NEVER forget. That was an inauguaration "so to speak" and your (you) boat provided it... actually, after that as well.. :)

I will never forget that weekend. It was one of "those" memory things...you know.

Anyway, I will NEVER sell this FJ, and I want to get some pics and some literature to print and have follow it in its next life. (under this roof) , but probably will be a "hand me down" to one of my girls in a couple years.

It is an awesome riding boat, and I won't actually SAY it, but I don't think it could ever get you in trouble no matter how stupid you were. This boat thinks ahead of you.

Love my Donzis' too. This thing NOW has Sentimental value, I will preserve it, restore it, and let it be a showpiece for future generations...

I want ALL info I can get to place in a folder as to the design, the races, Torquay-Cowes and such to be in it.

That is why I want this stuff.

Thanx :)

Formula Jr
06-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I wish the JRs had been better made. They should have been. Great hull, crappy follow through. Ring shank nails from the sole to the stingers. What the hell where they thinking? Thin glass here and there. Brownie was right. This was a down and dirty spite boat. Too bad, personalities got in the way.
Guys, if you find a clean one with a 350 or better in it, this is an under rated boat. I think the 18/16 were both steps backward from this boat. Wynne and Walters got it right the first time. I just wish Thunderbird had decided to put the same quality in it as the Donzi.