PDA

View Full Version : It's not any of you...

HollaGeo
06-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Whenever I am on this site I am usually studying for tests. I'll take a break and respond to a post or start a new topic. There has not been one time in the pass few weeks where I have gotten a mature response. Do I think you are all a little to serious and need to loosen up a bit? The anwer is, "Yes". I am going to try and post serious topics and respond in a serious manner. This is my question.

How much would boat insurance be on a brand-new 22ZX?
I took a boating safety course when I was 16, is that to long ago to count or do I need to re-take it? Does that save you money?
If anybody who lives near me would like to meet me in person, so I can be part of the Donzi family I would be more than happy. :cool:

HollaGeo
06-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Can somebody please change my name back to HollaGeo.

Uncle Fester
06-06-2005, 11:33 AM
I pay $550 on a 99. More HP than what you can get in today's ZX, but obviously older and not as much value a brand spanky new one. Figure mine's worth about 35k.

HollaGeo
06-06-2005, 11:40 AM
The thing is that you can finance these boats for 12 years, so the payments are the same as most car payments would be. $550.00 a year is nothing, I was reading that insurance companies don't even want to insure high performance boats.

Uncle Fester
06-06-2005, 12:21 PM
You may run into difficulty if it's a cat or goes faster than 80, but insuring a stock Donzi is no more difficult than insuring a car. I think that I'm getting 10% off because of the USCG class I took a few years ago, so it's good you've had the class....don't know if it was too long ago for you for it to count, just check with your agent.

HollaGeo
06-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Do you all dock your boat or trailer it?

txtaz
06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
We trailer ours so we can go to different lakes. AND keep it locked up and out of sight when not in use.
As far as insurance, I don't have any. I choose to be safe and carefull with it. If I break it, it's my fault for not being carefull. So I should pay for it.
Wes

TuxedoPk
06-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Wes, Texas doesn't require any liability insurance?

ChromeGorilla
06-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I didn't think you were required by the state to have insurance. I guess it's state to state.When you register a boat GA the registration form asks nothing about it. it is not required here in GA. The reason most have insurance is because the bank requires it.

txtaz
06-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey Rich and CG, No we don't require liability. I'm sure if it were financed, the bank would require it.
Wes

Mac
06-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey Rich and CG, No we don't require liability. I'm sure if it were financed, the bank would require it.
Wes

What if you hurt someone? Accidents happen, without insurance they could take everything you own.

txtaz
06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
What if you hurt someone? Accidents happen, without insurance they could take everything you own.

With insurance, they can still take everything you own. Insurance takes a hit as well as you. You can thank the money hungry lawyers who chase ambulances for that.

I'm not worried about hurting someone, I am very safe with others in the boat. I do not push it to limits. Don't drink too much, don't let drunk or drugged up people on the boat.

I'm more worried about someone stealing it. But I have that covered also.
Wes

TuxedoPk
06-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Wes, personally I am more concerned about the liability piece than the loss or damage to the boat.

Consider this, someone steals your boat and takes it on a joy ride huring/killing someone. You'd be liable.

I think you might want to reconsider having liability insurance on the boat with a policy limit akin to your auto insurance.

BTW- Did my emails make it thru to you? I'm not sure if the file sizes became too large.

txtaz
06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Wes, personally I am more concerned about the liability piece than the loss or damage to the boat.

Consider this, someone steals your boat and takes it on a joy ride huring/killing someone. You'd be liable.

I think you might want to reconsider having liability insurance on the boat with a policy limit akin to your auto insurance.

BTW- Did my emails make it thru to you? I'm not sure if the file sizes became too large.

Not in Texas Rich, If someone steals my boat and causes damage they are liable, same with a car. As a matter of fact, if someone tries to steal my boat I can shoot them to protect my property. I keep a loaded shotgun next to the bed. My point is not to get yourself into any situation where someone could steal it or damage it and if you operate safely, no need for liability. Plus it's mostly Jenn and I, plus close friends and family on the boat.
Ever state has laws that differ on who is responsible. It's a little scary. What if someone steals your car or boat and builds a bomb out of it? Are you liable for owning it?
Yeah, I got the pics, thanks, still drrrrooooooolllllliiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg. Maybe if I hired people to pack everything and move it, unpack it I might get the chance to buy a bigger house. LOL
Wes

Mac
06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Not in Texas Rich, If someone steals my boat and causes damage they are liable, same with a car. As a matter of fact, if someone tries to steal my boat I can shoot them to protect my property. I keep a loaded shotgun next to the bed. My point is not to get yourself into any situation where someone could steal it or damage it and if you operate safely, no need for liability. Plus it's mostly Jenn and I, plus close friends and family on the boat.
Ever state has laws that differ on who is responsible. It's a little scary. What if someone steals your car or boat and builds a bomb out of it? Are you liable for owning it?
Yeah, I got the pics, thanks, still drrrrooooooolllllliiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg. Maybe if I hired people to pack everything and move it, unpack it I might get the chance to buy a bigger house. LOL
Wes

99% of the time the type of situation where you would need liability insurance is nothing you could prepare for or prevent. Accidents happen, crazy unpredictable stuff, money or the possability of it can also make people do strange things. Running a boat without insurance is taking a big risk.

txtaz
06-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Mac, Thank you for your opinion.
I don't see it as a big risk. So we will have to agree to disagree.
I do agree with "money or the possability of it can also make people do strange things." statement.
We boat on small lakes and store in a very aflluent area. Not many boats around. If I were on the coast were there are tons of people, I would probably have insurance.
Wes

TuxedoPk
06-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Interesting how the states differ on that. In NY/NJ you'd be liable if someone stole your car and hit someone before the bomb had a chance to detonate. For that matter you'd be liable for any injuries that the carjacker had while comitting the crime.

Are you required to have liability auto insurance? We are and we also have insurance to cover us in the event that the other person is uninsured or underinsured. For these latter cases I'm in favor of the Texas shoot them approach.

Our homeowners liabilty isn't mandatory but is necessary. If someone breaks into your home and while running out the back door with your wife's jewels trips on a loose porch step and injures themselves, guess who's liable?

Yeah, those photos definately invoke a serious drool factor with me as well. But you have to ask, are those people really happy? :yes:

Wes