PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results on the Baby Blue Pill

mphatc
06-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Finally . . . It's been a long haul, but the engine for my Corsican came off the dyno Friday.

We did 8 pulls, after some break in time, each one yielding more power, as expected the rings are still seating.

final result:

333 HP peak HP at 5700 rpm
320 ft. lbs of torque from 3200 rpm up to 5400 rpm
at 5000 rpm I only loose 3 HP!

all on 89 Octane!

This is a stock 1996 302, bored .020" over, Bullet custom grind roller cam with Comp roller rockers.

Engine is back in the boat, all hooked up, just a few details left to complete, and then I can run it . . shake down the new set up. Just intime for Father's Day!!

Mario

Cuda
06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a winner.

penbroke
06-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Nice numbers! :D

Frank

MOP
06-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Mario that is great news and good numbers, hope you haul it up to 1K. I am trying to de bug mine for the event.

Phil

rustnrot
06-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Out of curiousity, how DO you dyno a boat engine? I assume that the engine must always be out of the boat on a stand somewhere. There is nothing out there that loads a prop in water is there? So how do they arrive at "prop hp", calculate it?

MOP
06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Out of curiousity, how DO you dyno a boat engine? I assume that the engine must always be out of the boat on a stand somewhere. There is nothing out there that loads a prop in water is there? So how do they arrive at "prop hp", calculate it?

Tommy yes out as they are done at an engine shop, but years back we had a portable hydraulic one that we would attach to the pro shaft. There were calculations for ratio etc. it worked very well but the exhaust noise killed it for us, we tried all kinds of contraptions to quiet it down nothing worked so we had to gave it up. But did sell it for near what we paid for it. In a way I would love to have one now I no a lot of the guys would love to dyno their mills in the boat me included.

Phil