PDA

View Full Version : ?? spots on Ebay ??

MOP
06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Curious has anyone had dealings with spots, he is a Merc dealer down in New Jersey. I have a minor but agrivating thing go on with him, He gave his word on sending some minor missing items related to an item I bought from him. It has now turned into a pissing match, just wondering if anyone else has had any problems.

Phil

HollaGeo
06-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Where in NJ? The Loser SOB wants to know...

MXRoadster
06-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Phil are you talking about spots1994? If so I bought my bravo transom assembly from him about 2 1/2 years ago and the transaction went great. I was very hesitant to make a major purchase on eBay but I went through with it and have no regrets about it. I hope he makes good on what he told you.

BERTRAM BOY
06-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Phil,
I too have had smooth transactions with spots.

MOP
06-06-2005, 04:33 AM
That's where my T shield came from, the actual deal went OK. I did mail call him shortly there after to ask him to post good feed back he said No Can Do, he said he did not run the deal through Ebay honest I was not happy about that but let it go! When I unpacked it the nuts and washers were all missing, I contacted him by phone he got snotty about it being cheap **** and I should go to he hardware store and buy it, I persisted and finally he said shot me your address I will get them out right away, that was months ago still have not gotten them. I had already bought the stuff to install the shield but would have liked the drive nuts and washers. Even with my discount the stuff was not that cheap I bought Merc parts. I kind of forgot about it as this project has dragged out so long, last week when I went to put he drive on I said damn never got the hardware. I dropped him a note and his response was I could return the transom shield for a full refund, that ticked me off sure tear it out of the boat I feel it would others would feel the same way. I mailed him a few more times that went nowhere, I was just looking at one of his ads on Ebay

Qoute! Don't be fooled, verify feedback of other sellers. I am a reliable source and ship item same day payment is received. I have hundreds of satisfied customers for marine products not other junk You are bidding on a complete NEW Mercruiser Bravo Transom Assembly WITH OUT cylinders. Comes complete with inner plate and all hardware. Shipping will be $95.00 to most places in the continental USA. Payment accepted by paypal, money order, cashiers check or personal check (personal checks will hold up shipping until check has cleared).

I like the first line, he must have a guilty conscience, I did not bother to look but he must have some bad feed back. I have never seen another dealer post about being fooled by feed back, In my follow up dealings with him I think he is sleazy. So screw him I have my records of the transaction which in looking them over prove the deal was done off Ebay I am going to forward them to Ebay, for $25 bucks worth of hardware let him explain side stepping Ebay.

BERTRAM BOY
06-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Phil,
Did you purchase the gimble assembly and inner transom shield, or just the shield?

MOP
06-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Cliff I bought a complete unit with rams, I needed everything. It is a standard Bravo shield was priced at $2,200 plus $175 shipping, I mailed him through Ebay to see if he would sell one for $2,200 shipped which he mailed back with a yes. I have the reciept in my lap right now showing $2,150 with $50 shipping, I saved $175 it was a deal as the prices have gone up since. All I wanted is what was stated in the Ebay add nothing more or less.

Phil

DAULEY
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
if you paid with paypal let them know you didnt get all you paid for and they will do the dirty work for you or credit your account

MOP
06-06-2005, 09:44 AM
if you paid with paypal let them know you didnt get all you paid for and they will do the dirty work for you or credit your account

Have to admit I was very ignorant about buying off Ebay at the time, I gave him my credit card over the phone and he shipped it out quickly like he said he would. It was only my second purchase up there and the only bad once of quite a few by now. His responses have been very poor on the hardware first saying it would go right out and now then telling me it was cheap **** go the hardware store and finally telling me to return the assy for full refund. I did not want hardware store stuff, I had to have the right heavy washers and from looking at the marking the better nuts I used on the shield. For my bay test last week I borrowed the ones to mount the drive from my kid. I am going out to my discount house of worship and will buy the 6 for the drive and mail him the bill which I am sure will end up in his trash! That is OK I told him the info was going to Ebay the end of this week if the parts did not arrive, that brought an even more interesting response which will go along with the paperwork.

The email response pasted below, mind you I never provided a phone number but always called him! Also he was first contacted back when I was in Arties barn in December so where he gets the waiting 6 months is BS yeah now it is 6 months but not then.

I don't take well to threats. You can contact Ebay all you want, but if you had a problem with the transon assembly you should have taken care of it when you first received it, not 6 months later. It's pretty sad that you had to borrow some nuts, they are only a few penneys. I have to deal with people like you daily that always want something for free. It's not my fault that you lost the nuts. Maybe I forgot to put them in or maybe not. But threatning me not the way to get your nuts. I called the number you provided and asked for Phil and was told that Phil does not speak english and then I was rudely hung up on. I called right back and no one answered that time. For a buy that doesn't speak english, you sure type pretty good. I don't think Ebay as a spanish division.

farmer tx
06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I didn't want to comment earlier as I had a purchase pending. The item arrived today as purchased and in like new condition. I will give him positive feedback.

gold-n-rod
06-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Cliff I bought a complete unit with rams, I needed everything. It is a standard Bravo shield was priced at $2,200 plus $175 shipping, I mailed him through Ebay to see if he would sell one for $2,200 shipped which he mailed back with a yes. I have the reciept in my lap right now showing $2,150 with $50 shipping, I saved $175 it was a deal as the prices have gone up since. All I wanted is what was stated in the Ebay add nothing more or less.

Phil

Phil, by the nature of your description, this was an "off eBay" transaction. This is exactly why eBay warns buyers and sellers not to transact business this way. Ebay doesn't get their cut of the action, the seller and buyer have no "protection" from fraud by eBay and there is no way to leave feedback on the transaction, because there is no completed sale on that item number.

Chalk it up to learning an eBay lesson.