PDA

View Full Version : Officially a Donzi Owner

Silver Bullet
06-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Just hauled my first Donzi home tonight (Classic 22 - 25 Anniv.). You talk about a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I already have the soap, towels, compound, wax, buffer, and other supplies ready for first light.

Is this normal?:cool:

EricG
06-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Congrats on the new boat!! Now...let's see some pics! What year is the 25th Anniversary Edition - '89?

EG

DON N.
06-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Good For You . Now How About Some Pictures !

Lenny
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
'03 ??? Congrats, definately some pics are in order :yes:

Have fun. Welcome :D

Silver Bullet
06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Once I get her cleaned up we will get some pic's up for sure. The boat is a 1988. It is has a silver stripe (for the 25th??). It has a 502Mag w/ Bravo 1. I have been told it will run high 70's low 80's (do not know if this is accurate).

Thanks for the responses

TuxedoPk
06-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Congradulations and welcome to the board. Hope you've got a good trailer and will be making it the events.

Dr. Dan
06-04-2005, 12:19 AM
:beer: Congrats...Only one way to find out....what she'll do? Run her and have a GPS Handy. I would guess you will be in the 75 mph neighborhood...some days faster, full boat days slower....the 502 is a nice package... alot of members here have them.

Good Luck...Post some pics when ya can...

Doc

txtaz
06-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Congrates SB, Grease those bearings and get ready for PK in ????, the fall. LOL Welcome to our addiction and the board.
Wes

mattyboy
06-04-2005, 07:42 AM
welcome good luck with the new found addiction ;)
is this the grey silver 22 in TX very unusual color scheme
nice find
post pics
:D

Silver Bullet
06-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Congrates SB, Grease those bearings and get ready for PK in ????, the fall. LOL Welcome to our addiction and the board.
Wes

Thanks! I will keep watch for further updates on PK, I read the post about it and it sounds great.

Mr X
06-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the board!! Sounde like a VERY NICE boat!!

Please post the Pics when you can........ :)

undertaker
06-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Congrats :biggrin.: I too am going to be a owner of a nice 22 classic :rlol: It is an addiction believe me!!! :bonk: :bonk: Good luck with the new ride. :biggrin.:

Undertaker aka Underboy aka Underdog :wink:

Ed Donnelly
06-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Silver Bullet; Don't believe the addiction thing.
The only thing I did to my Donzi was, Nose cone,several props,K-Planes,dual external steering,Stainless Marine exhausts, Shotgun mufflers, twin turbos then fuel injection then supercharged.

The fact that I have spent double on goodies than I paid for the boat does not mean addiction, does it......ENJOY...........Ed

Just Say N20
06-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Congratulations! Yes, it is normal to react that way. Funny thing too, that the DONZI addiction seems permanant. Once you get the "bug," it never really leaves. Oh, it might seem to go away for a while, but you are only fooling yourself, it will be back. The joy of owning a DONZI (for me it is the classics) will rarely be surpassed by another "thing." Corvette people are about the only other group of people that appear to have the same situation going on.

DONZIs seem to be that exceptionally rare example of the unique combination of something that has genuinely phenominal beauty, unsurpassed quality, great performance, a racing pedigree, and that mystique that almost anyone who has an appreciation for boats will instantly recognize. And yet, they are a size and price that makes them obtainable and managable for almost anybody who truly wants one.

Whew! Anybody got a cigarette?:rlol: :D :D

Silver Bullet
06-04-2005, 10:15 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!!! She is now cleaned up and we will run her in the morning. Pics are soon to follow.

Ed Donnelly
06-05-2005, 12:10 PM
MadPoodle; You wouldn't be referring to my 16 would you???
Just minor things there. Transom angle changed, 270 with E lower, pad, step, rails, 350 twin turbo 28 lbs. boost,cavitation extensions,tab extensions, etc. etc. OOH I see what you mean ..........Ed

blueliner
06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
congrats on your new ride and welcome 2 the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boldts
06-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Silver,

Congrats on your new purchase! I fully understand the Christmas morning reference as I go through it every year at the Midwest Donzi Club's annual AOTH outing. I hope you'll be able to come up with the TX gang that attends some year as I'm sure everyone would like to see your 25th aniv. in person. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!