PDA

View Full Version : Magnum 25

Boatnuts
06-03-2005, 02:36 PM
1973 Magnum 25 - updated/upgraded/repowered with Mercruiser Bravo 500 HP.
Loaded with options. New price including near new galvanized tandem trailer $30,000 or best offer. Could deliver to an Ontario/USA border point. More photos availble.

Dave911
06-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Holy-Nice Boat! Schwing!

Ed Donnelly
06-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Sweet boat. Where do you run her, Simcoe or Ontario? ....Ed

Boatnuts
06-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Sweet boat. Where do you run her, Simcoe or Ontario? ....Ed

Ed: she runs on southern Georgian Bay and shares parking at the cottage with 3 little cousins (a 2 +3, an X-18 and a Hornet II).

Morgan's Cloud
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey BNTS , what a small world !

I've got one of those too .. also a '73. MAG250080273

What is your HIN ? 35 were made total. Mine is number 15 .

It shares space with a yet to be reassembled '66 St Tropez.

Just out of curiosity what do you get with the HP500 ?

Sharp boat !

Steve

Ross
06-06-2005, 08:04 PM
From the original Hustler, to the Hustler II, to Donzi, to Donzi,to Magnum; what can be next ?? At our age can I suggest a Bertram !! Hope I remembered the boat sequence correctly.

Boatnuts
06-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Steve: speed is variable to prop and water conditions. With a 4 blade will run to about 70 in a decent chop. With a 3 blade pushes about 5 more.

Hey BNTS , what a small world !

I've got one of those too .. also a '73. MAG250080273

What is your HIN ? 35 were made total. Mine is number 15 .

It shares space with a yet to be reassembled '66 St Tropez.

Just out of curiosity what do you get with the HP500 ?

Sharp boat !

Steve

Morgan's Cloud
06-07-2005, 08:18 AM
That's pretty damn good !

As you know , that boat is about 1500 pounds heavier than similar 'modern' models and it's got a big bottom to boot !
Always wondered how nice a yellow one would look ..(Mine started out life lime green ... they only did two that colour )

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Ross .... What sequence are you referring to ?

Steve

Boatnuts
06-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Close enough Ross - the first 2 were that by name not brand thou. What's next, I am not sure. We have loved the Magnum. It's a treat to drive and loves the big water but we really have't used it much the past few years.

From the original Hustler, to the Hustler II, to Donzi, to Donzi,to Magnum; what can be next ?? At our age can I suggest a Bertram !! Hope I remembered the boat sequence correctly.

Danny
06-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Rob beautiful boat, I was sad to see the sign on it last week. I have lusted after the Magnum since you got it and the Hornet and the Barrelback and the X18.
How did you enjoy the scoot this winter?

Ross since when is Bertram synonymous with old age? I can enjoy comfort and great ride at any age, did you sell yours?

Danny

Boatnuts
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Rob beautiful boat, I was sad to see the sign on it last week. I have lusted after the Magnum since you got it and the Hornet and the Barrelback and the X18.
How did you enjoy the scoot this winter?

Ross since when is Bertram synonymous with old age? I can enjoy comfort and great ride at any age, did you sell yours?

Danny

Danny - Scoot was great. Ran it almost every weekend from mid January thru April. It was great being up there every weekend in the winter again. She's siiting in the parking lot at the cottage for the summer. Noticed you had a bunch of old stuff on here re Volvo drive. Have another name in Honey Harbour if you need it for service and some used parts. We had a mess of 270T stuff about 1-1/2 years ago but got rid of everything but one complete drive that we kept for parts.

Boatnuts
09-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Check out new price and trailer

1973 Magnum 25 - updated/upgraded/repowered with Mercruiser Bravo 500 HP.
Loaded with options. New price including near new galvanized tandem trailer $30,000. More photos availble.

chad barclay
09-04-2005, 08:16 PM
do you have photos of this boats on line ??? i would like too see a 25 ft single engine magnum thanks
Check out new price and trailer

Boatnuts
09-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi
I have nothing on line but do have others I could send if you let me know specifically what you are looking for. I should point out that this was originally a dual engine boat so the back deck and seat configuration will appear different than the typical single engine model that Magnum offered. Because I am away on holidays, my reply back to you may be a few days.

do you have photos of this boats on line ??? i would like too see a 25 ft single engine magnum thanks

jiffster2120
10-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi
I have nothing on line but do have others I could send if you let me know specifically what you are looking for. I should point out that this was originally a dual engine boat so the back deck and seat configuration will appear different than the typical single engine model that Magnum offered. Because I am away on holidays, my reply back to you may be a few days.Boatnuts, Where is you cottage on the bay? I`m on Colpoys south shore about 1-mile from Wiarton. I`m in the Grandore sub.
Jeff

Boatnuts
10-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi - we are east of you in the islands about 6-7 miles north of Honey Harbour.

Jerry Eisele
12-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Boatnut, Sweet boat!! I've been to Honey Harbour with friends from Cincinnati that summered there for over 50 years. They just gave me their 14' 1946 Gidley row boat. Thats this winters project. If you have any interier pics of your Mag., could you send them to me? I put a post a month ago about having a meet in Point a Barrel[spel??] I had no replies. Thats a great area for a Donzi get together. Thanks

Boatnuts
12-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Boatnut, Sweet boat!! I've been to Honey Harbour with friends from Cincinnati that summered there for over 50 years. They just gave me their 14' 1946 Gidley row boat. Thats this winters project. If you have any interier pics of your Mag., could you send them to me? I put a post a month ago about having a meet in Point a Barrel[spel??] I had no replies. Thats a great area for a Donzi get together. Thanks

Hi, somehow I must have missed your post regarding a meet in Point au Baril. I have also sent you an email regarding the pics.