PDA

View Full Version : quick and quiet ??

marcdups
06-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Guys, havin a problem with my Q N Q pump, seems like the air is comin out of the air intake, and the valves are not openin, sorry my jee is not workin,the pump is runnin but nothin is happenin, cleaned the shutters and replaced the seals, so just wonderin if anyone has experienced that problem before, thanks in advance.

wonderin why my jee worked on the first letter and then Quit.

MOP
06-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Laugh if you want but my new MS key board got coffee on it and it went crazy, I had read an article awhile back about washing the key board. At the time I said thats a waste I would just buy new, well I took it apart and it turned out to be super simple I set aside all the wafer pads and circuit board then soaked the key board in hot water and dish detergent like the article said after it sat 15-20 minutes I shook it up and down while submerged (sounded like under water castinets) I let it dry over night and it is back to brandy new!

Phil

Tidbart
06-03-2005, 05:20 PM
I had a problem a couple of years ago, similar. There is a small valve, maybe a pressure relief valve, on the pump. If I remember, it was brass, or chrome plated. Anyways, the valve would not seat properly because there was a grain of salt or sand stuck in it. I removed the valve, soaked it, cleaned it, got the grain out. Put it back in, still works til this day.

I would run the pump, put soapy water on the hoses and fittings and find the source of the leak. There isn't enough pressure building up to operate the Q&Q.

Good luck. :biggrin.:
Bob

marcdups
06-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Phil it's a lap top, at $2400 I do not wanna soat it, as for the compressor TITBART was the valve internal or external, you are not talkin about the pressure relief valve as it does not seem to be leakin but the air from the pump is comin out of the filter!! Jee still not functionin!!!

MOP
06-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey just run through the shower a couple of times :biggrin:

On a serious note , I am not that familiar with the Q&C pump but have worked on compressors. Could you have inadvertently put the valves in wrong or rotated the valve body to the wrong position? It can only blow out of the intake if the head is on wrong or if the valve is held ajar. The valves always bend toward the direction of flow, on some it is possible to put the valve body on wrong.

Phil

onesubdrvr
06-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Phil it's a lap top, at $2400 I do not wanna soat it, as for the compressor TITBART was the valve internal or external, you are not talkin about the pressure relief valve as it does not seem to be leakin but the air from the pump is comin out of the filter!! Jee still not functionin!!!
I Agree with Phil, most likely a valve problem, any of Phil's recommendations, or (don't know how far you've taken it apart), possibl a valve broken, Give me make, model, and S/N#, I'll see if I can find anything. Also check for gasket / or-ring leak on head surface between discharge and inlet sides.

Wayne

Ed Donnelly
06-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Marcdups; Your keyboard can be removed from your laptop.
2 clips at the top around F3 and End.
Push down on the clips, lift up and disconnect the ribbon.
I cleaned mine yesterday......Ed

Tidbart
06-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Marc,

I will have to get a look at mine sometime today. The pressure relief valve was external. It just unscrewed, maybe with 1/2" wrench.
I would still do the soapy water test to locate any leaks, no matter where they are located. It won't hurt anything.

B

fasttrucker
06-04-2005, 08:57 AM
I still have my corsica quick+quiet for sale off my 1998 502.Be willing to let it go cheap!

Tidbart
06-04-2005, 11:31 AM
The pressure relief valve is located at the outlet where the air lines depart the pump. It is chrome on mine.

B

marcdups
06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
guys, thanks for the responses, on the puter GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGot the gee working, thanks for your input, actually I did not fix it, Diane did :shocking: :shocking: , as far as the compressor, I tried to make the pump work backwards with no luck, I do have a set of corsa pipes and mufflers, but the mufflers are not cut at the top to accomodate the rub rail cutout,can anyone modify that and make it look OEM??, will try and take the pump and check valve apart, but as the pump goes, mercruiser doen not give a breakdown on my mercnet cd's, guess they want you to buy new, which I will need to buy aftermarket!! list $$1193.55 OUCH, even though I can get it for much cheaper from mercruiser, It is still way up there. Other than that I believe a weber rebuild is in order and we should be set, sucks working on other peoples boats all day and yours gets shafted, guess I feel like a cobbler :yes: :puke: :yes: