PDA

View Full Version : What you may have MISSED!!!!!

MOP
06-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Many of you may have missed the post below by our Scot our Harbor Master, it is a masked plea for some help with the site! Not sure how many have noticed even the Donation button is no longer available, he just does not like asking so I say the time has come to give him a hand again. He can not keep dipping into his pockets to keep this site going, he is hard at work even now trying to provide even more features. Several of us have asked him to charge a small member fee and we all got a NO! He comes from where they believe in the goodness of man!

Scots Post:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40140

What does it take for some of you guys to show a little appreciation for the hard efforts of Scot!

Please send something, even the poorer guys in the bunch like me can come up with at lease a token. I am offing parts to help things along, maybe some of you can knock the dust of those Hoarded Treasures that you may never use. Sit back and say what can I do!!! Hey even small donations add up don't feel bad at all if it is only just couple of bucks and a stamp, a couple of bucks from a bunch of guys does add up and will be appreciated more then you realize. Don't know what else to say but dig in and get something off to the Harbor Monster!

Donzi Registry 2323 Clear Lake City Blvd #180-253 Houston Texas 77062

P.S. Scot thumb tack this please!

txtaz
06-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Maybe we should have a fund raising committee. Since the board is like a community, we should jump in and help Scot. Just an idea.
Wes

Lenny
06-03-2005, 09:33 AM
I tried this 5 years ago and it got close but didn't fly. I suggested we have a raffle for a 16 Classic. Tickets at $100. each. Anyways, that didn't get going.

So, what about picking up a GM HT383 or something, and selling tickets for it?
I realize there are licensing laws for "Fundraisers" but it puts it more in the ball park for many people and I know a lot of us would like one of these little gems. At under $4K to buy one, and say tickets at $50. each, do you think we have enough people to warrant this and put it over the top? Say we only sell 150 tickets or something. Puts about $3500 of income into Scots operation and someone gets some decent boat power. Plus, the chances of winning are GOOD.

???

Trueser
06-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Lenny, That sound great.

I sold my old seats and the proceeds go to the registery.

$ 100.00 Thanks to JB................. :smile:

Mike

MOP
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Lenny I remember you bringing that up and do think it is a Fabulous idea, but if I remember correctly there were some stumbling blocks and that is why it did not fly.

I feel if everyone would just think about dropping a check small or large that would get things rolling. Several of the fellows have been giving part of what they get from sold items to the board, I feel by using the 4 Sale section you are reaching a very large audience and should give up a piece of what you get period. I live by advertizing it is damn expensive, here it is free! I think it should not be free, I think anyone using the 4 Sale section should cough up a small percentage to the board. To me free is BS! I am having a real crappy year but I make darn sure the board gets a piece on my stuff, when the prodject is done I will be offing all the what I call overages (wrong decisions) I will put a smile on Scots face if it kills me! I know he will probably call me and crab at me for saying donations dried up for about 3 months ago, 3 months with no jingle to me that really sucks!

Phil

JPR
06-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I agree with the need for fundraising. It is the convenience or lack of that makes a difference. If we could do an online visa payment or paypal or something electronic, I bet alot of people would make impulsive donations. I know I would, I will try to remember to write out a cheque, adress it and mail it, but if I could pay online by visa, the harbourmaster would already have his donation from me.ps I don't know the hidden meaning of emoticons on this board so I'm scared to use them!

MOP
06-07-2005, 09:11 AM
TTT

Come lets keep this thing on TOP!

The board needs a bit of help!

Get a little off to Scot for his efforts!

Zudnic
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm a capitalist, so I agree the ads should be for a small fee. But they would probably dry up to not nearly what we have today! It's a great resource for both buyer and seller. How many sites with ads are as good as here with content and commentary that probably helps sell it? I can't think of any off the top of my head. The other thing that this site is awsome for is the registry. When you find your Donzi it might be on it, or, the others like it might give you some ideas for future restoration. The forums themselves offer tips on anything you would need to keep your Donzi running.

So whats all this worth? The better question you should ask is what would I have without the Registry! $10 if you cant afford that you should'nt be on a computer $20 do you really need that beer? $50 not that big of a deal its dinner and a movie, besides that does'nt last everyday 24/7 $100 your a good person and we all thank you for making up for us cheap skates!

I'm not telling what I will send in! :D It will be something.

all that just to bump a important thread!!! :smile:

harbormaster
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Masked plea?

That sounds kinda wimpy....

MOP
06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Good to see the Moderators Modulate! Hmm Pay Button and a Thumb Tack! Who cares about wimpy as long as the members go moving on this!

M.O.P.

Zudnic
06-08-2005, 10:15 AM
When at the post office today I'm going to send in $50. I challenge you all to match or not hard for some to do beat it! :wavey:

wytmike
06-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Donation button is still on the old registry page.

Used it yesterday.

Mike

TuxedoPk
06-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Just tried out the new button- it works great! Now if there were only a reverse button that would put money in my account :)

Zudnic
06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Just tried out the new button- it works great! Now if there were only a reverse button that would put money in my account :)

Should have read this before I mailed my contribution!

I believe if you do good things for people, you get good things in return. Before going to the Post Office to mail the contribution I stopped at 7Eleven for some gum. I did'nt want to break a twenty on just gum. So bought five dollar lottery scratch ticket. So I go and send my fifty bucks and decide to scratch the ticket. It won fifty... So for good luck make a donation and I'll almost guarntee something good will happen! :D

Mudball
06-13-2005, 06:00 PM
How about a 'Garage Sale' link in the classifieds where everything sold there is paid for straight to the site??

I have a bunch of stuff that I would normally dump on Ebay, but if it might benefit this site, I would gladly donate it all.

Example:
1. 24p Bravo prop, recupped.
2. Complete 1999 stock Bravo steering system, including cable helm, Merc hydraulics, etc.
3. Donzi white leather steering wheel.
4. Corsa through transom mufflers.
And more....
This stuff is worth something to someone, surely...

Just an idea, for us with more 'stuff' than money...
Kent

PS: What does bug me a little was when I thought I was buying a Donzi hat to benefit the site, and never received one....I would donate easily, but that is a little perturbing...

harbormaster
06-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey Mudball,

That is alotta stuff to give away. Are you sure you want to do that?

I do the hats and shirts out of my living room in between two jobs..
Please do not be too perturbed at me.

I just sent you an email on your hat.

I have new flame hats and khaki hats that will be ready to go out on Wednesday.
I had the embroiderer redigitize the tribal flame logo because I did not feel it was sharp enough.

Mudball
06-13-2005, 08:12 PM
YES, Scot, I am ready to donate this stuff to the site!!

I really think some kind of area for donation would be cool. Then you would see the benefit from many out there with 'stuff' they don't need, and others who might even pay premiums for it to help you out...

Kent

GKricheldorf
07-07-2005, 01:21 PM
YES, Scot, I am ready to donate this stuff to the site!!

I really think some kind of area for donation would be cool. Then you would see the benefit from many out there with 'stuff' they don't need, and others who might even pay premiums for it to help you out...

Kent

I would be interested in the prop - 24p Bravo prop, recupped - it's been since last season since the boat was out and i remember wanting to get a different prop.

Also i have an older 454 mark iv block taking up space in my garage. I pulled it out of my Z25 becuase it hydro locked. Upgraded to a Gen V, but i believe the block is perfectly fine. Heads will need to be redone. I live in San Marcos Ca - so if there is anyone needing one i'll donate the profits to the board too !!

BaldEagle
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm new here and a new Donzi owner.

First of all, for those who need only be asked, what is the address that donations should be sent to?

Has there ever been a small annual fee for membership or even a one time registry fee?

This is a great site not only for technical information but for the seat of the pants driving knowledge everyone is so willing to share. I have been involved with high speed sports for over three decades and information was not always shared.

Jeff

I did find the button and all the address information is there. Done

Kirbyvv
12-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to re-new this thread. How's about sending a Holiday donation to your favorite Donzi Registry Site, I did!