PDA

View Full Version : 22 Aronow Edition

Shanghied Again
06-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Well all those who have purchased the 22 Aronow edition have now got a piece of history! The 22 Aronow is now dropped from the Donzi line up and the only ones out there are Dealers who have them for sale or anyone who have purchased them. :frown:

McGary911
06-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow. That was quick. Were they not selling, or is this just the planned end to a limited run? Beautiful, Beautiful boats.........

glashole
06-02-2005, 12:47 PM
why?

EricG
06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Not to sound to cynical, but I'm guessing this is just standard marketing procedure.

We had the 22SE - Very rare...very cool...very expensive.
Then the Aniversary editions...same story
Then the Aronow Edition...same story.
Next year it will be the extra-special for 2006 only model.

I'm not putting any of these down (in fact, I'm jealous as hell of anyone who has one)..they are very rare, very cool boats. And they are special boats with power and features you can't get on the others. But companies do this all the time, create a special edition every year so that if someone is on the fence between used and new, they will buy new - to get the latest and greatest special edition. The folks that get the best deal on these are the ones like RickSE, who buy last years (or a couple years ago's)special edition at I'm assuming a large discount over new, and still get the exclusivity and features (can you call AWESOME power a feature?) of the special edition.

Just look at the mustang, each year they come out with another model:
Cobra, Bullitt, Shelby GT, Mach 1, etc. I read an article that their marketing plan is to introduce one of these models every year...sounds very similar.

EG
-will 2006 be the 40th anniversary of Don selling Donzi edition? :biggrin:

RickSE
06-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Donzi's 2005 model year is pretty much over. They typically roll out the next model year (2006) in June-July every summer.

Actually the 40th Anniv. and Aronow 22's were very moderately priced when compared to a standard 22. I think Donzi learned from the 22-SE's that people just won't pay $90K for a 22-Classic, no matter how many upgrades are in the boat.

There can't be many 22-Aronow boats out there. #5 was just delivered in April. There sure seemed to have been a lot more 22-40th Anniv. boats made. Didn't the 22's make it to the 20's in production numbers?

Lenny
06-02-2005, 08:46 PM
...from what I understand, DONZI did not have the right to use the name "ARONOW" when they built this line-up.

Who knows, certainly not me way over here... :D

Craig Lawrence
06-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi Lenny , sorry to but in , are you and Mike going to the sidney poker run June 25 Seastang:canada:

Lenny
06-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Craig, YES :D I will be the light blue DONZI making sure no one is left behind. I will have a hard time keeping up with the Specter at 120. :(

Craig Lawrence
06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Craig, YES http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I will be the light blue DONZI making sure no one is left behind. I will have a hard time keeping up with the Specter at 120. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif

Lenny if your out and on the water drop by this weekend in maple bay

Shanghied Again
06-03-2005, 02:45 PM
The boat will now be called the X22 same design, just lost the Aronow name

ChromeGorilla
06-03-2005, 05:51 PM
So who owns the "rights" to the Name Aronow? Perhaps Michael will have some input if we ask?

blueliner
06-03-2005, 07:20 PM
i hear there are 7 in existence. glad i got mine before all the drama. can't we all just play nice in the sandbox w/out fighting. i guess that might make it more of a collectors item now that the aronow name won't be on it any more. oh well, just happy to finally have my ride.

TuxedoPk
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
i hear there are 7 in existence. glad i got mine before all the drama. can't we all just play nice in the sandbox w/out fighting. i guess that might make it more of a collectors item now that the aronow name won't be on it any more. oh well, just happy to finally have my ride.

So if I'm following this correctly-
If they only sell 6 w/o the Aronow name then you are stuck with one of those less desireable 'commodity' Donzis that has Don's name on it. Better hope we have a strong economy this model year :crossfing :biggrin:

blueliner
06-04-2005, 11:07 AM
??????????????????????

So if I'm following this correctly-
If they only sell 6 w/o the Aronow name then you are stuck with one of those less desireable 'commodity' Donzis that has Don's name on it. Better hope we have a strong economy this model year :crossfing :biggrin:

TuxedoPk
06-04-2005, 11:20 AM
??????????????????????

I'm just bustin' on you for some fun. Sounds like you've got yourself one awesome ride.

blueScream
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Hello blueliner
What's really up with the AE editions? This is what I gathered from my reading: There are possibly 7 made that have the "Aronow" badge in all red as featured on Donzi's site. Then Donzi switched over to the X22 name for the rest of 2005 due to not having licensing rights for the name.
How do you know what hull number you have? Could you order the Aronow edition featured on Donzi's site with different color options? Are there any other AE owners on this board?
I bought tidbart's 96 18' and now it looks I just added an 05 red AE to my Donzi collection. Any additional info would be great.
Thanks!
bluescream

Lenny
01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
You got the one in Jupiter didn't you? ;)

Why is the windshield different than Steves? Yours is the first one I have seen with the plexi...

http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/2096664/81678902_4.jpg

I thought 5 were made. I know the number is SMALL (as in less than 10)

RickSE
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM
blueScream, I haven't seen Blueliner on here in a while, he must be on location somewhere. The Aronow boats had a unique HIN, different from a standard 22C. Blueliner's boat had a 05 character in the HIN making it the 5th Aronow. What is your HIN number? It's on the starboard corner of the transom or paperwork.

Blueliner's boat was custom ordered in blue with the stripes.

I haven't seen any other Aronow owners here on the board.

Congrats on the boat. Yes, is it the one Lenny shows?

blueScream
01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Lenny, yes I got the one in Jupiter. Somebody played a cruel joke on me by parking it in front of a marina that I buy trailer parts from. I was buying a $20 trailer hitch extender for my new truck, when I saw this Ferrari Red Donzi. Just so happens that it matches the color of my truck too. Now I wasn't even looking to buy a boat or pay over 40K for a hitch, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. My wife and I have been very happy with Tidbart's old 18 that we bought past June, but I guess it was something I couldn't pass up.

Boat is authentic so I am perplexed as to the clear glass too! But then again why is bluelinner's AE a blue/white version when all I have seen in marketing material and talks with the local donzi dealers that they only came in the mono red? I'll post the hull number tomorrow. It will be a week before I can take her off the lot as I needed to order a trailer. I'll post any additional info I come across.

Lenny
01-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Blueliners was CUSTOM, CUSTOM, CUSTOM... hence all the headaches..

Then it has now (his design) become the "Shelby Edition" :rolleyes:

Anyways, that is why his is blue. And it will match a GT350 when that is parked outside as well. :)

TIDBARTS boat, that is a NICE 18. :yes: Is that coming on sale anytime soon?

hmmm.....

boldts
01-12-2006, 12:05 AM
blueScream, or maybe that should be redScream? First, welcome to the Registry boards. You bought a very nice 18 Classic from a great owner. Now a 22AE. Man, it just doesn't get any better than that! I hope you'll consider trailering your 22 up to Jamestown, KY and our Lake Cumberland Donzi gathering some year. I'd love to see one in person. Hope you have many years of great boating with your Classics.

blueScream
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks Scott! We would be more than happy to join a Donzi gathering. Lenny: I know what you mean by CUSTOM, CUSTOM, CUSTOM = problem, problem, problem. Looks blueliner's is 1 of 1 :) -

I am happy with what I got and will need to spend a little $ to clean her back up to factory. BTW: The HIN is DNACX006B505.

and yes I can't keep both boats so I'll be putting my 18 up for sale or else my wife will have me sleeping in one ;) Well maybe not a bad idea :biggrin.:

The best,

Andrew

- heard from a Donzi dealer in S.FL that they will be making a shelby in all silver?

RickSE
01-12-2006, 01:52 PM
blueScream, Your boat should be the 6th Aronow due to the X006 character. I'm pretty sure Blueliner's HIN included X005.

#1 was red, @dealer meeting and in catalog.
#2?
#3?
#4?
#5 Blueliner's blue custom.
#6 blueScream's red w/different windscreen.

Any more?

donzicanuck
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
bluescream, what did you pay for it if you dont mind.

Carl C
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Lenny, yes I got the one in Jupiter.
Boat is authentic so I am perplexed as to the clear glass too! It must have been ordered with the windshield. My '05 22 was ordered with the AE fairing.

blueScream
01-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Carl,

Nice Donzi - what kind of trailer do you have it parked on? Continental?

blueScream
01-13-2006, 06:48 PM
bluescream, what did you pay for it if you dont mind.

I don't think it would be fair to others to post the numbers considering the boat wasn't in A+ shape. The list was $49,500 - The hull had some rub on the bottom of the V and will need some fresh red gel coat to bring her back to factory.

- bluescream

blueliner
01-14-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't think it would be fair to others to post the numbers considering the boat wasn't in A+ shape. The list was $49,500 - The hull had some rub on the bottom of the V and will need some fresh red gel coat to bring her back to factory.
- bluescream
congrats on your new ride bluescream. yes as rick and lenny have said mine was custom, and it was a headache to get donzi to do what i wanted in the creation of the boat. i guess all of that chatter around the office led to, "hey that kid might be on to something,' hence the 23 carrol shelby gt. that is exactly what i said to the design team when they built my boat. i even have a cad drawing on a poster of my boat and a picture of a shelby mustang side by each. you will love the aronow, it is an awesome boat. did you get a 496ho in her??? i am a little perplexed as well by the plexi windscreen as well. i thought they only came w/ the aluminum fairing. anyway, congrats again, hope to see some of the other aronow editions out some time. lenny and thriller, spring is coming up, we will have to get together again.

blueliner
01-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks Scott! We would be more than happy to join a Donzi gathering. Lenny: I know what you mean by CUSTOM, CUSTOM, CUSTOM = problem, problem, problem. Looks blueliner's is 1 of 1 :) -
I am happy with what I got and will need to spend a little $ to clean her back up to factory. BTW: The HIN is DNACX006B505.
and yes I can't keep both boats so I'll be putting my 18 up for sale or else my wife will have me sleeping in one ;) Well maybe not a bad idea :biggrin.:
The best,
Andrew
- heard from a Donzi dealer in S.FL that they will be making a shelby in all silver?

what does the "B" stand for in the vin?? mine has 005A. is it the color code

Lenny
01-14-2006, 03:54 PM
lenny and thriller, spring is coming up, we will have to get together again.

Like I am not aware ;) We could go boating today if you like. :)

I have plans for a POKER/fun run here this summer. I have been contacted by folks in Washington (US) about such.

I am thinking of something. (just not sure what it is)

blueScream
01-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Blue,
Shameles plug :)
If your still looking for a trailer, I'm a Continental dealer. I have a brand new 22 special sitting under my Critter at the moment. I believe the build date was 4 months ago or so.
Has never been used or dunked, I towed it from the plant to my office, loaded my boat on it, and put it away.. I spec a 25' frame so the bunks are not hanging off the back, dual torsion axles with disc brakes,galvanized spoke wheels,all stainless hardware,Goodyear Marathon radials.. Not a cheap trailer, but it will pull perfectly, and support and load your boat properly..
Delivery time for a new one from the plant is aprox 10 - 12 working days at the moment..

Wish I asked earlier:bonk: cause I put in an order for a loaded new one. I'm sure your ride price would have beat what I paid factory new. Well at least I know it will look pretty cool going by your pictures.

blueScream
01-14-2006, 10:29 PM
congrats on your new ride bluescream. yes as rick and lenny have said mine was custom, and it was a headache to get donzi to do what i wanted in the creation of the boat. i guess all of that chatter around the office led to, "hey that kid might be on to something,' hence the 23 carrol shelby gt. that is exactly what i said to the design team when they built my boat. i even have a cad drawing on a poster of my boat and a picture of a shelby mustang side by each. you will love the aronow, it is an awesome boat. did you get a 496ho in her??? i am a little perplexed as well by the plexi windscreen as well. i thought they only came w/ the aluminum fairing. anyway, congrats again, hope to see some of the other aronow editions out some time. lenny and thriller, spring is coming up, we will have to get together again.

they should have included you in the credits for the design, or at least sent you a letter of thanks!

My AE has the 496HO with the Bravo X drive. The only things on my wish list that were missing were an hour meter and quick & quiet plus switchable. At least it came with the hummingbird. I need it around here in Jupiter for all of them sandbar parties ;) I am not sure about the windscreen - but if I hunt down the owner I'll ask. Maybe that was a custom request? I was hoping to see another AE in red on this board to ask.

thriller
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
lenny and thriller, spring is coming up, we will have to get together again.

I'm in..Can't wait to run and hear my new exhaust:biggrin:

Donzigo
01-15-2006, 08:15 AM
The number "B" mean that you boat came out of the mold in FEB - 2nd month, of 2005. The model year goes from June 1st to May 31st of the following year, as I understand it; and, all of the boats built inside that window would carry the model year of 2005.

Jan - A
Feb - B
Mar - C
and so on.

Nice ride. Post some pictures so that we can see the before clean-up and after. Then, we can all celebrate the change with you.

ChromeGorilla
01-15-2006, 08:18 AM
The model year goes from June 1st to May 31st of the following year,

I'm not quite sure. My boat was built in May of 2004, but it is a 2005.

I was the first owner of a 2005 22. I took delivery on July 3rd 2004.

ChromeGorilla
01-15-2006, 08:26 AM
My HIN is DNAC2002E405 broken down as follows..

DNA- Donzi Marine

C2- 22 Classic

002- Serial # for year

E- May - build month

4- build year

05 - Model year

Donzigo
01-15-2006, 08:33 AM
As I said, "as understand it".............some one else will know for sure.

Shanghied should know............

MOP
01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
CG I am pretty sure the 405 is April 2005 the E is for something else.

BUIZILLA
01-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Chrome Is Correct...

blueScream
01-19-2006, 05:49 AM
It was a long day. Finally got to pick up the new addition to the family, and boy did the AE look kick-ass on the new trailer. Shelling out a few extra clams for the aluminum wheels sure was worth it. My girl was ecstatic!
It was getting very late when she was finally all hitched up, so I only snapped a few pictures. The boat wasn't sitting properly on the trailer, and that big block kept all the weight to the rear, so the bow was bouncing way too much. I needed to stop at a local West Marine to pick up a trailer nose strap.
With the red Tacoma pulling the red Donzi AE we certainly caught a lot of gawks and smiles while parked in front of the store, and while cutting through the parking lot. The straps did the trick and we were on our way in a few minutes.
Reaching our destination we broke out the Vodka and had a tailgate party in the back of the boat with some friends. Five of us sitting in the boat while parked on the trailer having cocktails under the stars of a crisp Florida night. It was kind of ironic that I enjoyed this setup more than trying to launch her for a night run. Guess it was because I didn't have to play captain, host, and designated driver. The gas money that we saved paid for a fine feast of seafood and steaks afterwards.
Looking forward to more great times…
The best,
bluescream

Carl C
01-19-2006, 09:04 AM
That's an impressive rig, bluescream. I have the same trailer and was able to remove the guides. The bunk layout makes the boat center itself and the boat cannot hit the fenders. this makes it easier to launch by yourself. By the looks of the palm trees Jupiter must be in Florida. My vin is DNAC2009I405 so I guess it was made in Sept. '04, seven boats after Chrome's was made.

blueScream
01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey Carl,

Those pictures didn't do the AE justice. Check out these photos taken today. Maybe I'll be able to get a nice day down here to drop her in the drink. Looks like Saturday will be the day.

As far as the trailer, just needs a little re-adjustment. Have to wait for the boat to be in the water. Trailer came with a sticker saying 22 Classic, so they must have done more than a few.

The best,

bluescream

Carl C
01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
SWEEEEEET!!! My trailer looks a lot like yours but it is different. It is a Loadmaster.

gold-n-rod
01-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Hmmm, and a new Solstice in the driveway, too.

Someone's ship must have just come in!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy, life is good.

:)

Tidbart
01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey Andrew,

Congrats on the new ride. I am supremely jealous.

From the last photo set I see a few things have changed in the last six months, including that parking spot. Condo getting a little small???

I am sure Stella is going to love it.

I figured you must have been pretty busy lately with the trailer issue, so give me a call when get minute and we can catch up. I sent you my numbers in the last email. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Bob

blueScream
01-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, and a new Solstice in the driveway, too.
Someone's ship must have just come in!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy, life is good.

I like the saying "live rich and die poor". Can't wait to get all them bills :biggrin:

Tidbart - the boat is parked at a friends house until we can figure where to put her. Still have the 18 at the public storage but didn't want to loose buying the AE. I'll give you a call later today.

- Andrew

RedDog
01-20-2006, 06:05 PM
WOW! Nice Ride!

blueScream
01-20-2006, 06:35 PM
WOW! Nice Ride!

Thanks RedDog!

BTW: Anybody in the Jupiter, Stuart, N Palm Beach area with a 22? Would be interested in getting together. We need to learn to run this baby the right way. Not looking to go through trial and error. Around here my 18 classic never really saw any bluewater nor anything above 50. However I have master docking at the Intracoastal Bars :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
01-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks RedDog!
BTW: Anybody in the Jupiter, Stuart, N Palm Beach area with a 22? Would be interested in getting together. We need to learn to run this baby the right way. Not looking to go through trial and error. Around here my 18 classic never really saw any bluewater nor anything above 50. However I have master docking at the Intracoastal Bars :biggrin:
Sorry, I live in PSL, usually come throught North Fork into Stuart, but I only have the 21' Ragazza and the X-18, so I don't guess we can get together :wink: ,.... Maybe someday I'll have a 22 and we can hang :biggrin.:

Seriously, when I get the X done, I'd love to get together on the weekends and run a little not alot of people in my neck of the woods. BabyDonzi (22ZX), and Catch 22 (FAST!!! 22) are in WPB, so, they get together from time to time.

I'm thinking of putting together another run this year, put in at Stuart, WEST of the locks, running to Indiantown, then to Lake Ockechobee, maybe as far as the Roland Martin joint on the South end of the lake. Last year, we ran (inside) from Fort Pierce 1/2 way to Indiantown. 3 boats, 2 breakdowns :embarasse , but we had fun non the less!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
01-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Ya know, an end of February run might be fun (http://members.aol.com/browne/scf.html)....
Something like that would be great for the rest of the tribe here as well!!

Wayne

Dr. Dan
01-21-2006, 06:52 AM
:beer: Man there is just something about a brand new Red Head? I mean its like the definition of Eye Candy! Very sweet ride and it looks awesome on the Continental Trailer.... Good Luck with her, make sure to post some shots once it's "Splashed".

Ya Gotta Love A New Classic 22 :spongebob

Exciting Times ....

Doc of the Bay :beer:

ChromeGorilla
01-21-2006, 10:00 AM
bluescream...you gonna make it to Miami for the boat show and run....? be awesome if you could make it.

boldts
01-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Ya know? I've always been partial to blue Donzis, but that AE is drop dead gorgious! Sure wish she was parked in my driveway. You'll be beating the ladys off with a bat. :biggrin: If your already hitched, thats quite a mistress you just picked up!

Christian
01-23-2006, 11:19 AM
hi gang.
The folks at donzi build a wonderful boat. They came out with the Aronow edition a short while back, made it the hotsey totsey classic, and it still is. Michael does own the rights to the name, and was very willing to let donzi go ahead. we believe the powers that be at donzi did not want to feel obligated, but further investigation would have shown that a relationship between the two factions could only be a positive one. We wish donzi the best with these great looking boats, it can only prolong the history! stay tuned we a few things cooking as well, its been a while comming.

All the best,

Christian Del Collo
Aronow Offshore
856-904-1961

blueScream
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Did my first trail run about a week ago and wanted to tell everyone how it went.
The weather couldn't have been nicer, and when I finally pulled up at the local ramp I thought it was going to be a kick-ass first day. I had some guests accompanying us so every seat had a name. Well mind you this was my first time out with the trailer/boat, and even the truck. All eyes were on us at the ramp so I had a butterfly or two but I dropped my new AE in perfectly.
So all was well I thought, and we proceeded to load up all our gear. The anticipation was killing me to light the big block up for the first time. Did a quick all systems check and turned the key to the ignition and heard a click click rah rah sound ~ she really didn't want to turn over. Tried it a second time thinking she was sitting for a long time, same weak rah rah sound. The moment I realized that the batteries were very weak by checking my voltmeter, some guy yelled over if I needed a jump. Boy I was happy my company had jumper cables in their car. Lo and behold the guy giving me the water jump was ridding in a sweet 16 Donzi! Imagine that. (Thanks again buddy!)
Cables attached, the motor turned over in a second and roared to life. I was hoping this wasn't an omen of things to come....
Immediately pulling from away from the dock I knew this ride was nothing like my 18. Everything seemed very familiar, which was very comforting, but things were very different with how the boat handled. The 18 would get right on plane in seconds, while my 22 would squat a little longer than I expected. Mostly due to my inexperience and the full load. However once in open water – we were all smiles:biggrin: Having a little more nose and weight behind me made hitting the chop much much better. Even my woman was at ease with slamming into some of the big wakes. In the 18 she'd look at me like, "are we going to make it", and in the back of my mind I'd be thinking I hope so.
I didn't really push her hard for the first day. This was mainly due to having guests and my combined inexperience. So I settled for some comfortable 40s. My only big gripe that was causing me to scratch my head for the remainder of the day was there were no tab indicators. Maybe I am wrong, but shouldn't this be standard equipment? Along with a fire extinguisher bracket in the engine compartment! So while playing with the tabs and the drive trim I managed to leave them babies all the way down:bonk: (didn't realize this until she was out of the water) Well that explained why I was having some steering issues at low speeds on the trip back.
BTW: If you suffer from low self-esteem or need an ego boost a solid red AE is certainly a cure. We had nothing but thumbs up and big hellos from everyone that passed. And I thought the 18 was getting us a little too much attention ~ magnify that by ten. So much so my girl won’t let me take the boat out by myself. Anyway can’t wait to take her out again, hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks all for the positive comments.
- Bluescream

RickSE
04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I just wanted to update the this list since some new info came up. Never know, this might help someone several years from now.

#X001 Red Boat, @dealer meeting and in catalog.
#X002 Red Boat
#X003 Yellow Boat, in FL
#4?
#X005 Blue Boat w/two white stripes over deck & transom, in BC
#X006 Red Boat w/different windscreen.

Here's a reference post on OSO.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi/274481-2005-donzi-23-22-6-special-edition-aronow-yellow.html

bizpoop.com
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Yes, one more. CX007 is my hull. '06 Shelby Blue with stripes. I was told by Donzi it was ordered as first Shelby but came out of factory without shelby stickers due to a delay in inking deal with Carrol Shelby. The factory mailed the stickers later after they reached their licensing agreement. So you could say mine is the last Arrnow or the first Shelby

Brian41
06-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Jeff picked up 002 last night with new paint and some small mods.

mattyboy
06-23-2012, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]bizpoop.com

Yes, one more. CX007 is my hull. '06 Shelby Blue with stripes. I was told by Donzi it was ordered as first Shelby but came out of factory without shelby stickers due to a delay in inking deal with Carrol Shelby. The factory mailed the stickers later after they reached their licensing agreement. So you could say mine is the last Arrnow or the first Shelby {$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

the 22gt came between the AE and the shelby I would say yours was the last gt and the first shelby

roadtrip se
06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Now that is some RED!

gcarter
06-23-2012, 10:07 AM
That's the same color I gelled the TR.
I didn't use the Donzi red from the '88 model year, but after I saw this boat at the homecoming, I chose this color!!!!
No contest.

Carl C
06-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Looks really nice, Brian. Is that one staying in Michigan? We've got quite a contingent of Classy Classics here!

Brian41
06-23-2012, 11:12 AM
It is from the west side of Michigan

Just Say N20
06-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Carl,

Jeff is part of our "Ellenwood Yacht Club" Donzi 6 boat armada.

We have his 22 AE, Craig's 1987 LE Minx (23 of 25 and spotless), Bob's 1987 18 LE, Dr. Phil's Gorgeous 18 painted white and blue like the special edition 009, Greg's 1990 16, and my 1967 Ski-Sporter. An impressive gathering to say the least.

We used to have Brad with his amazing 1987 22 honey/blue 454/alpha that would cruise at 47 mph @ 3,000 rpms, and Gregg has stopped by with his spectacular 22.

Carl C
06-23-2012, 12:19 PM
"Carl,

Jeff is part of our "Ellenwood Yacht Club" Donzi 6 boat armada.

We have his 22 AE, Craig's 1987 LE Minx (23 of 25 and spotless), Bob's 1987 18 LE, Dr. Phil's Gorgeous 18 painted white and blue like the special edition 009, Greg's 1990 16, and my 1967 Ski-Sporter. An impressive gathering to say the least.

We used to have Brad with his amazing 1987 22 honey/blue 454/alpha that would cruise at 47 mph @ 3,000 rpms, and Gregg has stopped by with his spectacular 22."

Thanks. I get over there occasionally. I've boated on Lake Michigan with quite a few members of this board and maybe we can hook up this summer. I'm glad it's staying in Michigan! If this keeps up I'm going to end up with one of the slowest 22s at only mid 80s :/.

bizpoop.com
06-25-2012, 09:05 PM

here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTN8v_n7tk&feature=plcp

bizpoop.com
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM

I only have one word.....Damn!

93viperboy
04-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Just purchased X006. It will now live on Lake George, NY

jl1962
04-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Congrats!

Post pictures.

Hope to see it at the Dust-Off.

93viperboy
04-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Congrats!

Post pictures.

Hope to see it at the Dust-Off.

My son and I plan to be at the Dust Off Sending my registration form in.

RockyS18
04-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Just purchased X006. It will now live on Lake George, NY

Congrats! I look forward to seeing you on the lake, beautiful boat!

McGary911
04-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Damn that's pretty.

JParanee
04-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Will there be a thread started here on the dust off I'm interested

beautiful boat

jl1962
04-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Will there be a thread started here on the dust off I'm interested

There was a thread started today under Events and Gatherings.

The Club also has a website and a FB page.

A great venue with great boats.

PM w/ any questions.

Looking forward to seeing the Aronow 22 (and all the other attendees)

gcarter
04-10-2016, 06:57 PM
As I mentioned previously, when I re-gelled the TR, I chose the same shade of gel as this particular boat, which I'd seen at the Sarasota "Home Coming". The difference is subtle. This shade of red has a bit more orange vs. the '88 Donzi red.

undertaker
04-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Nice boat, hope to see you up on Lake George this summer....

93viperboy
09-04-2016, 06:10 AM
A little air.

tmdog
09-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Beautiful boat. Enjoy it.