PDA

View Full Version : Here is one for you all you Ford fans

Mac
06-02-2005, 07:15 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8047423/

harbormaster
06-02-2005, 07:29 AM
You should check out the boycottford.com (http://boycottford.com/) site.

I am against any minority group based on sexual orientation thats given specialty rights.

Fish boy
06-02-2005, 08:38 AM
:rolleyes: Wow, looks like AFA is proudly following in Jesse Jackson's corporate extortion footsteps. I am sure they are quite proud of themselves. :rolleyes: Oh if only the grand inquisitioner where alive today, he would know how to burn the witches :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

harbormaster
06-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Guys, In case you have not noticed.....

This thread is "what ever you want to talk about".

Mac did not do anything wrong and has no need to apologize.

All You guys back off.
NOW.

harbormaster
06-03-2005, 07:33 AM
Poodle.

Where the line was crossed was when you referred to MAC as an idiot.

It is possible to disagree and state your case WITHOUT name calling and personal attacks. Try to be civil with folks you do not know.
Fishboy's post even in direct conflict with Macs post, had no attacks.
That is why it is still up. He stated that he disagreed, and gave his side.

This forum is entitled anything you want to talk about.

It is NOT entitled: Anything goes.

Mac
06-03-2005, 08:46 AM
It is in the whatever you want to talk about section. As such, if someone is going to post links to what some may consider idiotic, and some may consider offensive articles under a deliberately inflamatory heading then they need to be a man and take the heat that THEY created..

Just to clarify, I did not raise any flags on this thread, I am fine with everything that was posted before anything was removed. I am pretty sure I can take the "heat", if that is what you want to call it, calling someone stupid or an idiot or not a man on a forum does not really take too much intellect and barely warrants a response.

Zudnic
06-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Poodle,

You forgot Disney. This only means I agree that boycotts are usually not worth the bother and often can be hypocritical! I do not care what people do in the privacy of their homes, the government has no right to be in our bedrooms. Having said that, it is also a persons right to boycott and voice their opinion, even if their opinions are wrong.

The problem I have with the "gay agenda" is that these groups are moving the issue into an area that the government also has no right to grant! No one should have special rights or privileges, or minority status because of their sexual behaviour or religion for that matter. We can no longer ask ourselves, is it worse to make money from consenting adults who have sex or protest that action because based on our interpretation of information it is wrong. When the government does this information that is against the distinct group can be defined by that group as misinformation and even hate! It is a slippery slope that errodes one of our most important rights, Freedom of Speech when the other side is silenced!

roadtrip se
06-03-2005, 12:22 PM
and having grown up hanging around and working at a Ford dealership,
I really consider the daily gig that I have now to be the dream job I will
most likely finish my career doing, if I can survive the daily grind with Ford Worldwide Purchasing.

So my previous inquiry on what was your point was based on a curiosity about just exactly what we were trying to accomplish here? As others have so aptly pointed out here, many companies extend similar beneftis to same sex couples. Do I like it? NO, because hetrosexual couples living together who are not married, are not extended the same courtesy as same sex couples are.

On the other side of the fence, I really get tired of all of the domestic automotive bashing that goes on in the media and how the imports can do no wrong. No company is perfect.

So back to the original question, what was your point? Last time I checked the forum title, it is "Whatever You want to Talk About", not "Whatever Blind Link you care to Post".

RT

Mac
06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
and having grown up hanging around and working at a Ford dealership,
I really consider the daily gig that I have now to be the dream job I will
most likely finish my career doing, if I can survive the daily grind with Ford Worldwide Purchasing.

So my previous inquiry on what was your point was based on a curiosity about just exactly what we were trying to accomplish here? As others have so aptly pointed out here, many companies extend similar beneftis to same sex couples. Do I like it? NO, because hetrosexual couples living together who are not married, are not extended the same courtesy as same sex couples are.

On the other side of the fence, I really get tired of all of the domestic automotive bashing that goes on in the media and how the imports can do no wrong. No company is perfect.

So back to the original question, what was your point? Last time I checked the forum title, it is "Whatever You want to Talk About", not "Whatever Blind Link you care to Post".

RT

You answered your own question in your post, I was curious what people's reaction would be to it, especially all the Ford fans. I am also aware of all the other companies that do the same thing, it not every day however that it makes MSNBC news.
Some of you guys need to lighted up a little, it's a public forum, it's "whatever you want to talk about"

Genuine Risk
06-03-2005, 09:19 PM
We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness...

Gives me chills rereading it.

Tim

[ QUOTE=MadPoodle]Are you saying the Ford fans different from the Chevy, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota,Subaru,Starbucks,or Disney fans?

Remade the MSNBC news. It is old news.. Slow news day,found something tittilating to try and grab their audiences shallow minds..Again

Note the copyright dates:

http://www.townhall.com/news/politics/200505/CUL20050531a.shtml

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V120/N28/autos_28.28w.html

http://zmag.org/ZSustainers/ZDaily/2000-08/25peters.htm

http://fordglobe.org/2000/06/08fcn/ford_dbp.html

Hmm, AFA tried to take down Disney, guess it's Ford's turn in the fryer noow..

http://www.glaad.org/media/release_detail.php?id=3818&PHPSESSID=f6bd892773b5c122c5d75e800b5f01ea

Ahh, I undertand now, it's a union thing...

http://fordglobe.org/2000/06/08fcn/big3uaw_dbp.html

Whatever.. You profess surprise that anyone could take your little post as anything but an open minded start of a discussion... I view it as a narrow minded feeble attempt to pick an argument over something that apparently bothers you deeply, so you used FOMOCO as bait... And it's pretty good bait I will admit, tho had you titled the thread "Here is one for all you "insert the manufacturer/employer of your choice" you would have gotten the same results...

Had you presented an open minded UNBIASED dissertation on the evil or not evil policies of all the top fortune 500 companies, you would have at least one leg to stand on..

So, we are back to the original ????

What really was your point in posting this??[/QUOTE]

goatee
06-03-2005, 09:27 PM
now im curious,,, uhhh,, i mean about the whole disney thing.!!!!! yeah!
what was this victory? what was the problem with disney?
i need a link

goatee
06-03-2005, 09:30 PM
i used to live in a van down by the river, but had to move out of it. boycott ect.
and now..... even that river is lookin a lil suspicious!

Fish boy
06-05-2005, 08:24 PM
You answered your own question in your post, I was curious what people's reaction would be to it, especially all the Ford fans. I am also aware of all the other companies that do the same thing, it not every day however that it makes MSNBC news.
Some of you guys need to lighted up a little, it's a public forum, it's "whatever you want to talk about"

Lemme get this straight. Are you saying that the whole reason you posted it, to the exclusion of any other reason whatsoever, was some sort of psychological internet experiment? :rolleyes: you chose a boating forum, primarily comprised of members with boats of a specific type, to post a link, that bashes a car company for its tolerant/understanding approach to a segment of its employees, knowing the whole time that there are dozens of fortune 500 companies who do the same thing and who may have at least some nexus to a boating forum??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Donzi boating forum... Ford Employment matter- humm, I can see why this would be a great place for an experiment like this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oK, if you say so. :confused:

Mac
06-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I really hate to reply to this and almost wished I never posted it, almost.

Once again, it is "whatever you want to talk about" There have been a few truck threads in the past, you may recall where there were some very heated threads about trucks brands, seeing as there are some die hard Ford fans I was curious what they thought of it.
Obviously you seem to think there is some ulterior underlining reason, I would really be curious what it you think it is? Why do you think I posted the link?

TuxedoPk
06-05-2005, 08:50 PM
As others have so aptly pointed out here, many companies extend similar beneftis to same sex couples. Do I like it? NO, because hetrosexual couples living together who are not married, are not extended the same courtesy as same sex couples are.

Todd, this isn't correct. Heterosexual couples living together are given the same rights as same sex couples- if they weren't it would be sexual discrimination. My father has actually used this to extend his State of New York retirement medical benefits to his girlfriend, both living in Az. They were required to show they were living together and had a joint bank account.

As a single person I personally think that it is rediculous to tie medical benefits to marriage whether applied to a same sex or hetero couple. I'm happy that joint medical coverage is now available as a result of sliding thru the back door of the gays. (Ok, intentional bad pun)

Craig S
06-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Well, FORD has my money. I am glad to see their progressive nature.:cool:

thriller
06-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey...Anybody wanna go boating?:boggled: