PDA

View Full Version : through hull exhaust

napps11
06-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Can anybody tell me about through hull exhaust. It would be going into a 1988 Donzi Ragazza 23' with a 350 OMC. The boat does not have it and I am interestedin putting it in. Is it possible? What costs would I be looking at? Where do I start? What brands are recomended for my application? Thanks a lot! Feel free to add in anything as well that is imfomitive. Keep in mind I have very little knowledge on the subject as well. Thnaks again!

ChromeGorilla
06-02-2005, 12:34 AM
You need to pick Onsubdrvrs brain. He has a ragazza and has added thru hull side exhaust...he should be able to help.

onesubdrvr
06-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Can anybody tell me about through hull exhaust. It would be going into a 1988 Donzi Ragazza 23' with a 350 OMC. The boat does not have it and I am interestedin putting it in. Is it possible? What costs would I be looking at? Where do I start? What brands are recomended for my application? Thanks a lot! Feel free to add in anything as well that is imfomitive. Keep in mind I have very little knowledge on the subject as well. Thnaks again!

Yes it is possible, Side exit only due to the extremely limited space they put around the outdrive in the swim platform. I called Corsa and gave them all the dimensions - that's what they said. Anyway, I've got a new cam that takes better pictures so I'll shoot some pictures of mine this afternoon, and give you a list of the vendors I used.

I got center rise GLM manifolds, Mercruise SS Risers, 90* bends, Trident Marine Wet exhaust hose, and the side exit tips from Corsa

It's not too hard to do, hardest part is making sure they are in the same spot on both sides. It does take nerve to say "OK, I'm gonna drill a hole in my boat, then cut out a bigger hole with my saw", especially when it's JUST above the water line!!

Wayne
edit: OMG, I'm an idiot, the boat is still at the doctor!! These will have to do for now, I'll get some more when I get the boat back.

Also see the pic's in this post
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39911

napps11
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
thanks for the help so far onesubdrvr, your boat looks really nice! What kid of costs would I be looking at? I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada as well. The ragazza is a cuddy cabin as well, does that make any differences as far as the hull goes? Thanks a lot for the help everyone!

onesubdrvr
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
thanks for the help so far onesubdrvr, your boat looks really nice! What kid of costs would I be looking at? I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada as well. The ragazza is a cuddy cabin as well, does that make any differences as far as the hull goes? Thanks a lot for the help everyone!
Cuddy shouldn't make a difference, nor should length

The exhaust tips themselves were (if I remember correctly) $260.00 for the pair
available from www.corsaperf.com (http://www.corsaperf.com)
The hose Trident Marine West Exhaust Hose (4") (about 6' needed), $14.00 per foot
Have to do a web search, the place I got it from was in Florida
The exhaust (GLM manifolds) I got from a board member with the S/S risers for $250.00 - You might be able to find a similar deal, the GLM manifolds themselves run for about that new, the risers, hard to find, E-Bay is best bet, expect to pay at least $100.00 for the pair.
the 90* elbows from IMCO marine, $28.00 a piece
SS Hose clamps to the sum of about $30.00
so, I paid about $700.00 to do it (I bought more hose than needed by about 3 extra feet), also, I used the existing 4" rubber couplers from the risers to the down tubes. Now you MAY be able to make your existing manifolds and risers work, snap me a picture and I'll let you know. I Love it, probably not $700.00 worth of performance gain, but the sound is pretty damn nice.

Wayne

joseph m. hahnl
06-02-2005, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=tell me about through hull exhaust QUOTE]

the 50 states are starting to pass decible laws exhaust will not be allowed to go over 88 decibles. they do make mufflers that will put them with in the limits.
i,m looking at muffler tips that will clamp on to the out side of the transom there $300. a pair.

joe