PDA

View Full Version : ZUDNIC, great price, could be a good boat. X-18

Lenny
06-01-2005, 10:08 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4553642969&category=31270

This on is in Northern California. First time I have ever heard of that. :yes:

Step up to the plate and hurry :D

And an offer by DonCig
I definately do not need another boat. But if a registry member wants to purchase it and have the seller tow it to Denver, I would be willing to tow it for gas money to St. Louis, MO in the month of June. I am heading back to St. louis a couple of times this month. It is a 13 hour drive and I average 12 mpg when towing my 18'.

Zudnic
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm looking and trying to picture how she will be with out the dang scoops! Wait a day or two for my 928 buyer to return with money order, think I'll bid*. First the scoops, than the interior is getting a color change, white with red pipping.

Cuda
06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Looks to be a good deal on a good looking boat.

olredalert
06-01-2005, 09:24 PM
--------If I was anywhere near there I would buy that boat for the "buy-it-now" and feel like I stole it. That statement would, of course, be predicated on a through exam of the hull, stringers, tank, etc. The scoop deal is literally no big deal. Easily fixed. If you want an X18 and you live on the left coast this may be a once in a lifetime chance. Bet Poodle, our best known X18 abuser would agree!!!!!!...............Bill S

BUIZILLA
06-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I kinda thought about buying that thing myself.....

then I got lost in the eBay motorcycle section..... specifically BMW's....

ended up buying another friggin scooter today, won it by $1, like I really needed that, okay, maybe I did need it......

so the X18 is safe for someone else.

JH

Zudnic
06-02-2005, 02:01 AM
I kinda thought about buying that thing myself.....

then I got lost in the eBay motorcycle section..... specifically BMW's....

ended up buying another friggin scooter today, won it by $1, like I really needed that, okay, maybe I did need it......

so the X18 is safe for someone else.

JH

I found a pretty good buy it today after looking over the X18 ad. 1995 Jaguar XJ6 147,000 miles $4,500. Ad said those engines go for 300K miles before needing rebuild! Yep, thats what Jags are known for. :yes: Located in Portland, half day trip to pick up.

That statement would, of course, be predicated on a through exam of the hull, stringers, tank, etc. The scoop deal is literally no big deal. Easily fixed. If you want an X18 and you live on the left coast this may be a once in a lifetime chance.

The scoops are more ugly than anything, but the fact that they are put on poorly from what I see in the pictures does make me wonder; i.e. things that could be a big deal, hull, stringers and tank. I do have conflict over this, one day depending on what I'm thinking you all will see why!

Lenny
06-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Zudnic, the scoops are nothing, don't even let them enter into the picture. Stringers, gas tank and deck coring matter tho. Other than that, this is a no brainer. You will never find another X on this Coast. That is the first one I have seen/heard of and I have been looking everyday for 6 years.

It comes with a TRS, (might need rebuilding, who knows) and that has "tilt and trim"

I am spending propably close to what this boat will sell for just to get mine to have tilt and trim. :rolleyes: (glass in transom, new Bravo and all that goes with that.)

If I didn't finally have one I would have this already. Not another car. A BOAT.

When you buys these things, it has been my experience, that you have about 2-3 minutes from time it goes on sale to time it sells. The fact that it is on the West Coast puts it in the middle of an audience that doesn't see many of these things and thus buys some time. If that ad was in Fla or MI it would be long gone.

...my two cents... quick, someone buy it so I don't take a cash advance on a Visa :eek:

olredalert
06-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Lenny,

-------Anyone who goes and buys a 4-door Jaguar and thinks he is going to get 300,000 miles out of it instead of an X-boat probably doesnt deserve any more input from us. Im afraid Zudnic just doesnt get it, or more appropriatly, just doesnt want it (the X18 that is).
-------Zud, you are probably going to view the above as a slam, and maybe it is to some extent, but you have been asking those in the know for a bit of help and then you just wander off in another direction as if you were never really interested in what you got us to help you with in the first place. I really dont mean this in an antagonistic way, but dont waste our time. You will get alot more out of all of us if you follow my advice...........Bill S

Zudnic
06-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Zudnic, the scoops are nothing, don't even let them enter into the picture. Stringers, gas tank and deck coring matter tho. Other than that, this is a no brainer. You will never find another X on this Coast. That is the first one I have seen/heard of and I have been looking everyday for 6 years.

It comes with a TRS, (might need rebuilding, who knows) and that has "tilt and trim"

I am spending propably close to what this boat will sell for just to get mine to have tilt and trim. :rolleyes: (glass in transom, new Bravo and all that goes with that.)

The only thing I'm waiting for is the guy to come back and pick up his wifes car with the rest of the money. The other is the deck coring,stringers stuff. That would make paying the extra to ship from Florida. The only problem with the TRS might be parts if it needs rebuilding, but thats not that much of a concern. I can however switch Costco demo from San Diego to one closer to boats location and maybe she her in person. Hoping I can get her a little cheaper. If I cant do that I don't bid until towards the end of the auction.

Waiting until end of this month for a Minx even if in Florida is also in the back of my mind.

Zudnic
06-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Lenny,

-------Anyone who goes and buys a 4-door Jaguar and thinks he is going to get 300,000 miles out of it instead of an X-boat probably doesnt deserve any more input from us. Im afraid Zudnic just doesnt get it, or more appropriatly, just doesnt want it (the X18 that is).
-------

The Jag was more humor, 300K on a Jag, should have hit the roll eyes smillie.My only concern with the X is the scoop job looks poorly done from the pics. Someone who does that might think they can fix other more serious stuff, do the same crappy job! The TRS does make very tempting, the fortune Lenny is going to spend in time and money putting a Bravo on his, is avoidable for me with this. I hate being the first bidder as well. I'm working on another boat that will be a good surprise! :D

hottub
06-02-2005, 11:10 AM
If I remember correcly, Eugene has a house on Clearlake and may have insite into this actual boat. His opinion may be worth alot of time and efforts if anybody is interested.

penbroke
06-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Is it me or did the price just change??

Frank :confused:

boxy
06-02-2005, 02:01 PM
It just jumped $1500.....

pmreed
06-02-2005, 02:11 PM
He must have been reading this forum and realized he could get more bucks!!

Phil

Lenny
06-02-2005, 04:27 PM
... :( Now it is starting to smell funny :( ...

At $10K there have been a lot of X's for sale recently. Just not in the Northern West Side. Think I'll pass, :bonk: like I need another headache.

Seems to me many have been had for about $8K. Just have to throw in some travel, but, HEY :D , that's the fun part. http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

Zudnic
06-02-2005, 10:21 PM
... :( Now it is starting to smell funny :( ...

At $10K there have been a lot of X's for sale recently. Just not in the Northern West Side. Think I'll pass, :bonk: like I need another headache.

Seems to me many have been had for about $8K. Just have to throw in some travel, but, HEY :D , that's the fun part. :puke:

Hence why I like to wait towards the end of an auction before jumping. You usually can see a better picture of the deal.Despite her being off the market, Mr X's 75' X18 brochure boat would be a better buy at $12,500. The auction is not over and I predict not many if at all will bid on her. $7,500 to $8,000 subject to inspection is all I'd pay for that one. For that money it would be a nice little project assuming whats stated in the ad is all that is needed!

MrX's: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38348

Sure it would cost a little more shipping wise to get back up here. I would treat it as a vacation expense. Besides this is a below average week of driving miles for me, took Monday off. I'm allready at 1,041.08 miles exactly over 3 days. So whats a couple thousand more....