PDA

View Full Version : X-18 w/TRS on eBay

Voodoocanoe
06-01-2005, 07:57 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4553642969&category=31270

TuxedoPk
06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
This boat should save a West Coaster some time and expense towing a boat from the better coast.

Has anyone had experience with black seats? I would have assumed they get very hot in the sun.

MOP
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Bring a lot of towels, I got a very bad burn on my legs in a friends boat. Black is a night mare, even if you are riding and change position it can be very hot.

Phil

EricG
06-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Zudnic...where are you? This one has your name on it :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

EG

DonCig
06-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I definately do not need another boat. But if a registry member wants to purchase it and have the seller tow it to Denver, I would be willing to tow it for gas money to St. Louis, MO in the month of June. I am heading back to St. louis a couple of times this month. It is a 13 hour drive and I average 12 mpg when towing my 18'.

DonCig

Just Say N20
06-03-2005, 06:58 AM
What happened to this thread? I'm sure there were a couple posts on here, including one I had written that are no longer here.

roadtrip se
06-03-2005, 11:57 AM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39021

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Zudnic...where are you? This one has your name on it

EG

She's back!!! Auction ended with no bids last time around, it’s been re-listed. I'm once again interested if he stays realistic on the price. The buy it is still a little higher than I want to go even with the TRS. I’m booked to fly to San Fran Friday morning, have one meeting and renting car drive to L.A. Want to look her over in person, so hoping that I can arrange that. I’ll even leave earlier if need be. For some reason I have a nightmare scenario about the condition being far worse than the pictures suggest, so want to reassure myself in person!

After reading your adventure on Chelan and Lenny's test run with the new carb. I'm more convinced that an X-18 is the right first choice, followed by 18 2+3. This one is perfect in that I can and want to redo the upholstery.

I want to get something soon and would like to plan an outing with the Chelan crowd for the first day on the water!

Kenn
06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
This boat should save a West Coaster some time and expense towing a boat from the better coast.

Has anyone had experience with black seats? I would have assumed they get very hot in the sun.

Black seats are COOL. Black is easier to maintain. The Black Donzi material does not get any hotter than White or any other Donzi material. Leaving Donzi seats in the sun invites a burn. :wink: :rlol:

Bob
06-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Looks like candy stripe- not all black.

Eugene Nahemow
06-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Zudnic,
The boat is about 2.5-3hrs north of San Francisco. I have seen this boat at the shop where I had my 18 Classic re-gelled and have also seen it on the lake.

PM me if you want any further information.

I have a home on the lake where this boat lives and can probably check it out for you if need be.

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Zudnic,
The boat is about 2.5-3hrs north of San Francisco. I have seen this boat at the shop where I had my 18 Classic re-gelled and have also seen it on the lake.

PM me if you want any further information.

I have a home on the lake where this boat lives and can probably check it out for you if need be.

Thanks for the offer. I'm driving from San Fran to L.A., stopping in Fresno. So I'll be in the general area anyway. Waiting for the seller to respond to setting up that appointment.

Lenny
06-14-2005, 04:38 PM
This one is perfect in that I can and want to redo the upholstery.

Save yourself a lot of headaches, a ton of time etc, and get something that will enhance the resale. Get Bob at Bilt-Rite to do your interior. New shells, front and back, the works. This eliminates all the wood for good and they are comfy seats. :)

Eugene Nahemow
06-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Zudnic,
San Francisco to LA and stopping in Fresno is the wrong direction to Clear Lake, unless the owner is going to meet you with the boat.
Clear Lake is north of San Francisco.

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Save yourself a lot of headaches, a ton of time etc, and get something that will enhance the resale. Get Bob at Bilt-Rite to do your interior. New shells, front and back, the works. This eliminates all the wood for good and they are comfy seats. :)

I like keeping things original. Bilt-Rite was on my mind, with slight color change! Still dark but think it will look better, looks burgundy on my monitor! Found one in the registry as a guide:

http://donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=497

Resale is a small factor, not planning on selling it in the near future! 383 small block might be another good change! Easy 400 ponies, should be enough? :biggrin:

Zudnic
06-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Zudnic,
San Francisco to LA and stopping in Fresno is the wrong direction to Clear Lake, unless the owner is going to meet you with the boat.
Clear Lake is north of San Francisco.

San francisco to Clear Lake, onto Fresno and than L.A. is how I'm trying to work it. The seller is waiting for me to make plan so he can make the time. Thinking of driving and hit Clear Lake first, plus I can take her home right away if all goes well. :biggrin.:

Lenny
06-14-2005, 10:08 PM
YEEHAA !!!

Get someone to lookat it with you that has "Donzi-i-tus" It will make you feel better and you will know what you are getting into. Throw a few bucks at Eugene, if he is interested, to accompany you.

It will be the BEST money you spent on a boat. :yes:

Expect a lot of work. Not tons, but "lots". It just ends up that way.

Forget about the hatch, I will make you a new one. original in design if you like. I have the mold still. Just get a sound hull, good fuel tank, (pretty hard to guess that) :( ,... and original gel or at least a sound looking hull with no fairing. Walk on the deck, all across the area of the fuel filler and stuff, lift ring etc. It should be SOLID, with VERY LITTLE flex. Take a rubber mallet
(sounding) and hit the stringers at the motor mounts, tap the deck, tap the deck back at the rear scoops on each side. Listen for a hard thud. Not the sound of a marshmallow in an echo chamber.

If she feels like a brick, looks like a brick,... well it is probably a brick and a good foundation for what you plan. ( I stole that from Darcy today ;) ) only not the duck scenario.

Good Luck, ...Lenny :)

Tony
06-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Forrest Coile is one of the "founding fathers" of this board...and a REAL solid guy. Quite a few years ago he offered to sell me his X-18, before he fixed it up, at a real good price. I should have bought it but wasn't quite ready yet.

I miss his posts, anyone know why he doesn't?

Eugene Nahemow
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Lenny,
No need to throw a few bucks to me! ;)
This boat is in my backyard and I can get info for those who might need it.
It will need a little lovin from what I remember.

Forrest
06-15-2005, 11:10 AM
. . .

http://donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=497

:biggrin:

Now that's a nice lookin' X-18! :biggrin.: She's sitting on a new tandom-axle aluminum trailer now. The burgundy seats may not be the ideal Donzi color for the black/white hull with a red stripe deck, but they are the originals and still in good shape. The TRS setup is heavy, but is totally bulletproof in an 18. You can't go wrong with a TRS X-18.

Zudnic
06-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Lenny, good advice...Trying to figure out a plan to get down before Sat. Emailed customer in Redding to arrange visit, see if I can leave tonight or early thurs. I'm optomistic that the hatch is about the only thing needing replacement/major repair. From gas tank to the stringers is why I'm going a little slow. Cars, boats or anything I think people should buy the best they can afford. If I think she needs more than interior, color sanding, and hatch to look half decent for the next season. Might walk away, rather put the extra money into something like Mr.X advertised and pulled the brochure X.

Forrest, originaly thinking of white with red pipe around the seats. I would'nt be able to keep that clean. Burg. is still dark, orig. and will not get as hot as black.

Eugene, might take you up on the offer if she appears like she needs more than a little lovin.

One of my customers is near Teague Custom Marine. I'll be visiting them on this trip. It will be very dangerous if I get the X, cause I usuelly stop in at TCM for drool sessions. Plus I keep remembering that Whipple is in Fresno!!! One portion of my brain is going forget the interior, the hatch and the hull, spend all that money on engine!!!!!!!!! :cool!:

Kirbyvv
06-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Zudnic,
Did you see that someone has bid on the X? I am looking for an X-18 and was very interested, but couldn't get to CA for a close look within this time frame. Keep us all posted if you get there to look at her. Good luck

Zudnic
06-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Zudnic,
Did you see that someone has bid on the X? I am looking for an X-18 and was very interested, but couldn't get to CA for a close look within this time frame. Keep us all posted if you get there to look at her. Good luck

Saw the bid, thought of putting one in. Instead I'm trying to pull things together to leave tonight via driving. Bidding might start a war, patience for me is a hard virtue though!!! :pimp:

Zudnic
06-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Lenny, you will know of the people I forgot have meeting with in the a.m. tomorrow for plant inspection. Save On Foods and they are bringing with them a small bottle water company that may want to invest/ buy out us. Not allowed to tell people who the Canadian water company is! Clearly Canadians have very good water!!!! (hint) My attendance is manditory because I'm the only one with both our distribution and manufacturing process knowledge.

The seller is going away on the weekend, but he thinks he can find someone to show the boat for him. His willing to allow test drive; thinking maybe I'll take a chance and just bid.

boxy
06-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Those clear canadians have a really good product.... :D
Good luck with the X-boat.

yeller
06-15-2005, 10:09 PM
... thinking maybe I'll take a chance and just bid.
Don't know how much time is left, but bidding early accomplishes nothing...except get other people to bid more. Never bid until the last possible moment and then put in the max you are willing to spend. (Just in case you don't know...ebay will increment you bid for you, up to your max).

Lenny
06-15-2005, 10:46 PM
"ZUD" we have dozens of "bottled water Companies here on the Island alone. It could be anyone. There are a lot of water producers in B.C. ;)

Zudnic
06-16-2005, 10:51 AM
"ZUD" we have dozens of "bottled water Companies here on the Island alone. It could be anyone. There are a lot of water producers in B.C. ;)

It's the people who put up the money for the water company, they have also invested in one of the many micro brew's in B.C. as well. Seems the Pop of the groccery chain dabbles in venture capital. Apparently he even sells a few cars on the side. I'm guessing since the venture people are friends with the grocery people. The venture person was raising money for a company that was at the trade show I was at in Vancouver (name reminds me of song, Mr. Jones and me). He apperently sent over the store buyer to confirm that our product was as good as he thought. Since water is pretty crowded they are looking for a new venture to put money into. The venture guy has said two things they will either invest and take us public or fold us into one of their current companies that is traded. Either way works because I get a good stock option at a pretty low set price! Our Sales Manager only works for us part time, his other job is with a pretty large food broker/distributor, so he's on business trip for them (Acosta). Leaves me stuck playing tour guide. Man the grocery store owner is friends with some pretty big people. Ask what time the flight from Seattle was arriving. answer: "we have our own jet!". :biggrin:

Yeller, yeah I'm waiting until near the end of the auction if I just toss in a bid. I'm only willing to go around $8K for this one. Do it early and more will come in, being patient is tough. I really like the deck of the X, lines work better for me over even a new 18 2+3. With the business stuff I'm not as worried about the overall condition anymore, still don't want to replace a gas tank, but I also do not want to cut a new hole for a Bravo either on another! Do not think another will come up with the TRS, at a good price. I'm cheap even when I have more money; its worth a small premium for a project X with the drive, but not much more than any other X!!!!:cool:

Lenny
06-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Zudnic, the fella you would be referring to is "Jimmy Pattison". He is a local Vancouver-ite and self made BILLIONAIRE. He owns most everything. Be it car dealerships, arenas, Sports teams, advertising companies, building management companies, grocery chains, two of the largest, a 150' yacht.

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/free_forbes/2003/0317/159.html

Zudnic
06-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Zudnic, the fella you would be referring to is "Jimmy Pattison". He is a local Vancouver-ite and self made BILLIONAIRE. He owns most everything. Be it car dealerships, arenas, Sports teams, advertising companies, building management companies, grocery chains, two of the largest, a 150' yacht.

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/free_forbes/2003/0317/159.html

Not allowed to mention names, jinxes things, plus I could get into trouble! It was not him; it was an investment banker who has him as one of his clients. His group financed the water company and a few other medium sized beverage companies. His group wants to get into other drinks with nutraceutical value, kinda like Red Bull. He was connected with the Save On people and used their buyer to confirm that our product was as good as he thought and to see if they would buy it. They decided to buy; the big hurdle is French/English label and they inspect the companies they buy from. They are the largest grocery store chain in Western Canada, most big chains do not buy product from small start-ups like us, that got the full attention of the investment banker. :cool!:

After you spilled the beans on the guy, my sarcasm makes sense for non-Canadians. I did'nt know he owned Ripley's, thought just the stores, cars, and Guiness.