PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniv. Edition Classic?

Silver Bullet
05-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Does anybody know anything about the 25th Anniv. Edition Classics? Are they the black sheep of fleet or is this potentially a collectors edition? Also, it is a little sunfaded what type of compound and wax would you use?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your response!

MOP
05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Personally I feel the Ann Editions will over time have a little better market value. On your fading do a search there have been a lot of posts addressing that issue, many good products and techniques are mentioned.

Phil

Tony
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Sam Pilato's is certainly no black sheep!

CMC
05-31-2005, 08:29 PM
If you are looking at the boat on boattrader.com it looks like a nice boat. BUT, you are never going to get that finish back to presentable. Just my 2 cents.

Silver Bullet
05-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Personally I feel the Ann Editions will over time have a little better market value. On your fading do a search there have been a lot of posts addressing that issue, many good products and techniques are mentioned.

Phil

Thanks for the Information

laidback027
05-31-2005, 09:44 PM
I bought a 96 red classic with severe fading and oxidation. Here is a novice way like myself that got her back looking new. Takes a lot of elbow grease!!!

Wet sand with 600-800 grit wet sand paper on a rubber block (3m makes it)
-Take a squirt bottle and fill it up with water and a capful of car wash
-spray the soap mixture and start sanding being careful to not dig into one spot to long. The mixture acts like lube. You will start to see color. Wash down often with clean water and change sandpaper because its loses its bite. Some keep a dribble of H20 on all the time. Remember take your time.

Once you see good color use 1000grit then 1500 grit then 2000 if you have the time. The higher grit will help sand scratches from the 600 grit and get her smooth.

Next buff out with 3m rubbing compound.

Then buff using 3m finesse it...

Finally buff a good coat of wax on her.

Remember go slow and take your time and do small areas. I broke down the boat in sections and would not stop until I finished a section. A couple weeks later I did another section..Sounds like a lot of work and it is!!!!

Do a seach and you will find other variations. Trick is to sand off not sand through.