PDA

View Full Version : Internal Combustion Engines...

HollaGeo
05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Actually two topics. :idea:

1. I was at opening day at MYC (Stony Point, NY). I was on the back of my dad's boat looking at the boats waiting to get gas. A Donzi pulled in for a few minutes and left. It looked like the ZX series. Was this anyone on this board?

2. How much longer will internal combustion engines be around for. I'm starting to see a lot of hybrids.

HollaGeo
05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Let me fix what I wrote for the first topic. I was at MYC this past Sunday which is in Stony Point, NY. I saw a Donzi pull in and leave quickly. Was this somebody on this board?

TuxedoPk
05-31-2005, 05:33 PM
There are a few of them down at the Patsy's Bay and Willow Cove marinas in Stony Point. I don't believe that there any of them are board members, at least not active ones.

There is also a black Arronow cat at the yatch club for sale. The owner represented that it was the only non-government boat built from bullet proof Kevlar.

Welcome back to the board. I'm hoping that you've been reading everyone's posts and seeing what a tight knit family we are.

txtaz
05-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Very well put Rich.
Wes

ChromeGorilla
05-31-2005, 06:08 PM
2. How much longer will internal combustion engines be around for. I'm starting to see a lot of hybrids.

In boats?!?!?!

HollaGeo
05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
I mean overall. Boats, cars, etc.

I decided that I am going to go with the Dodge Ram 1500 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4552820401&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT. Not that EXACT one, but that truck. The reason I ask about the internal combustion engine is because; I like keeping vehicles for years. This won't be illegal to drive in a few years because of gas, oil, etc?

pmreed
05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Not in my lifetime for sure. Yours...hhmmmm, maybe :biggrin.: .

Phil

roadtrip se
05-31-2005, 11:01 PM
to something else better. Look under the hood, uhoh, theres one of them there infernal internal combustion engines, dang it. Guess what else, that little EPA sticker doesn't quite tell the truth, if you do more highway driving, your mileage is going to be lower due to that dammed internal combustion engine working harder to make that raft of batteries move. Speaking of batteries, what are you going to do with the old ones when they need to be replaced, before you have paid the premium off on the Prius so you could be the first "greenie" on the block to have one and mindlessly burn up fossil fuels on your 30 mile average American commute to work?

People will buy better technology when it's feasible, practical, and economical.
NOT, when some bufoon tries to legislate it and ends up getting run out of town on rails.

RT
"Keeper of that soon to be outlawed big block merc!"

HollaGeo
05-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Do you guys like the truck?

RedDog
06-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Holla,

A word of advice: There are a few issues here on the board you do NOT want to resurrect:

Choice of oil
Windshield or not
Brand of truck
Foam or no foam
Which way do the hinges go
Will Nate ever get his GT21 running....

Fair warning :smash::beer::rolleyes:
you left out a key topic to avoid -

"weenie bar or windshield"

TuxedoPk
06-01-2005, 10:13 AM
you left out a key topic to avoid -

"weenie bar or windshield"

Nothing controversial there- it's weenie bar ;)

HollaGeo
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Anyway, do you guys recommened that truck? 0% interest for 60 months, $3500.00 cash back, $4,000.00 down payment.

HollaGeo
06-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Tuxedo, are you going boating this weekend?

TuxedoPk
06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I'll be taking my nephews out on the battery powered boat this weekend.

I've purchased a mint 2001 Dodge 2500 last year so I could tow my GT to AOTH last year. I'm very happy with it and glad that some board members talked me into getting "a real truck". Depending on the size of the boat you wind up with and where you intend on boating, the extra weight of the 2500 is REALLY nice to have. Driving from NY to KY you pull up and down some mighty big hills that we don't get to experience around here.

The extra weight really helps if your boat should come off the hitch and start passing you. Don't ask me how I know.

I'd recommend purchasing a pre-owned tow vehicle and pocketing the initial depreciation as well as the higher insurance premiums.

HollaGeo
06-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. I know you have told me many times where you do your boating. I am meeting people who boat on Long Island, Jersey Shore, Greenwood Lake, etc. It's getting all mixed up :bonk: . Where do you boat again?

dfunde01
06-01-2005, 01:48 PM
I mean overall. Boats, cars, etc.

I decided that I am going to go with the Dodge Ram 1500 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4552820401&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT. Not that EXACT one, but that truck. The reason I ask about the internal combustion engine is because; I like keeping vehicles for years. This won't be illegal to drive in a few years because of gas, oil, etc?

A tremendous part of our economy is rooted in support for the internal combustion engines. Gas stations, repair shops, auto delears, manufacturing for vehicles, parts, etc. Oil based fuel will be the most cost effective way to move our society for many years to come.

TuxedoPk
06-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the advice. I know you have told me many times where you do your boating. I am meeting people who boat on Long Island, Jersey Shore, Greenwood Lake, etc. It's getting all mixed up :bonk: . Where do you boat again?

Most of my boating is the Hudson River down thru the NY Harbor. Last year I also got to boat three Donzi events: Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, Lake Winni in NH, and the St. Clair River in Michigan.

olredalert
06-01-2005, 09:02 PM
-------Geez....I wouldnt come on this board with any questions about anything to do with the possibility of no more fossil fuel. You are talking about the very cornerstone of our "addiction". There are probably many boardmembers right now hiding in thier closets sucking thier thumbs at the very thought of it. If I wasnt typing I would probably go hide in a hole myself. The other day I was pondering the current price of fuel and wondering what I would do if it doubled. The answer is; whatever I have to! I have to stop thinking about this now as it is making my ears smoke!!!!!!!!!!............Bill S