PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Locker leak

vgraham882
05-31-2005, 10:09 AM
I had been plagued with water leaking into the inside of my 1989 Ragazza. I finally tracked it down to the Anchor locker. Over the years it had gotten chipped and water got under the glass. It also was leaking where the hole was drilled for the drain to the outside. I tried a bunch of things put what finally worked was the rubber tool dip stuff http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/plastidip.html

I uesd a whole bunch of cans, I sprayed the sides and poured it on the floor, but no more leak and it made a great protector against damage from the anchor. Before applying anything I inserted a plastic tube in the drain hole as a sleeve. After I finished the coating I cut the tube even with the inside of the locker. No more leak. I hope this will help anyone else that is having this problem.

Doug G
05-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I am absolutley going to try it. I think mine is leaking from the hole where the pump out hose used to be. I removed the hose, and tried several ways to seal ith hole. It leaked into the cabin, into a storage area forward of the porta-pottie. Drove me nuts. I offered a guy at the marina $100 if he could find the leak over the winter. It still leaks :banghead: I'll keep you posted!