PDA

View Full Version : 1st day on the water as a Donzi owner.....

gold-n-rod
05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I brought my '03 Classic 16 back from Virginia to Michigan 2 weeks ago. Today was my first full day on the water with her.

My 15 yo son and I launched, ran and retrieved it three separate times today. First of all, the weather forecast was for ****, so we put in at 9 am today, thinking it was our only chance. The lake was like glass. We were out about 2 hours. We both had perma-grins. Damn lotta fun. We went in because the fuel guage was near empty.

Then, we got in to find our friends were on their pontoon and wanted us to join them. So we launched a 2nd time. Gave rides all around. We'd seen another Donzi earlier and decided to try to find them. Turns out that that boat was an '86 Hornet III. We ended up running about 8 feet apart at WOT (for me anyway) along with a very fast PWC. I wish I'd had the digicam. We stopped and shot the **** for a while. Only in a Donzi.....

My kid still didn't have enough, so we went out again about 6 pm. It was a nice ride, a little choppy and we hit 50 mph, good considering the 19P prop we are running.

I've never had a boat that brought more positive comments, thumbs ups and other props. What a great time we had. I am looking ahead to many more.

:beer:

Ed Donnelly
05-29-2005, 09:57 PM
I had my 16 for 20 yrs. I enjoyed her as much the last time out,as I did the first time out.If the truth were know, I actually enjoyed her more than I do the Criterion. She was a hot rod on steroids..........Ed

Lenny
05-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Maybe now we can get the Betty Cook driving stories and the more than capable 100+ radared speeds in the 16 out in the open :D ... eh Ed? :D

20 years ago to boot. Oh, and maybe the odd tid-bit with regards to Gale Banks...

pot stirring, Lenny ;)

or you can just keep this to yourself :D 'cuz who would believe you anyway.

Canuck :smash:

Glad to hear you had a blast in the 16 :yes: It is definately "different" in a DONZI. No question. Hope you have many more days like this one.

Cuda
05-30-2005, 07:46 AM
I love to read stories when someone gets a new boat, and is as happy as can be with it. I feel the excitement myself when I read them. Have fun!

gold-n-rod
05-30-2005, 08:01 AM
I love to read stories when someone gets a new boat, and is as happy as can be with it. I feel the excitement myself when I read them. Have fun!

Having read about your boating day yesterday, I hope you are back in my state of boating real soon, Cuda. There is nothing more frustrating than dealing with the crap you've been dealt this spring. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cuda
05-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Having read about your boating day yesterday, I hope you are back in my state of boating real soon, Cuda. There is nothing more frustrating than dealing with the crap you've been dealt this spring. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Thanks for the kind words.
I'm just taking a day away from the boats today. I'm taking Debbie and Kyle to the beach. She's never been to the Canaveral National Seashore, and Kyle just loves the water.

I'll get the boat sorted out soon. I never quit.